Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: David Weathers and Ben Weber sign w/ Reds (per Enquirer)

Re: David Weathers and Ben Weber sign w/ Reds (per Enquirer)

I was having a hard time placing who Ben Weber is, so I looked him up. He's got quite a kick!

I'll be curious to see what kind of money Weathers and Weber will make.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: FA Announcement This Afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by dougflynn23
    Now I'm very concerned. What will happen to Gapper and Mr. Red? This organization has absolutely no loyalty whatsoever. First they dump the "Old Lefthander" like yesterday's trash. Then RedsFest was cancelled. Then Barry "The Icon" Larkin was disposed of with all the finesse of a mob hit. Now we lose Gapper and Mr. Red due to corporate greed! I will NEVER attend another Reds game again!
    actually the Reds are going to keep a well stocked "mascot pen" this year. O'Brien felt that they were still too "one dimensional" even after the addition of "gapper" to longtime standby "Mr. Red", and was quoted as saying "with the obvious lack of quality in our starting pitching we felt that we needed to do something to keep fans in their seats during those 15-5 blow outs, as we have concessions quotas to meet, otherwise we 'll have to get rid of Pepsi/Coke and replace it with KK Cola."
    School's out. What did you expect?

One year deals are good.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Weber was nails in the 2002 World Series. He was lights out. I hope he can return to that form. If so, we've just upgraded out bullpen TREMENDOUSLY. That's nice, because they are going to be worked.

Wonder what's up with Mercker. If we can sign him as well, I'll be totally satisfied with the 'pen. (well, Danny is still here, but that's a given I'm willing to overlook)
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

http://www.sports-wired.com/profiles/WE/tbc284.asp

http://anaheim.angels.mlb.com/NASApp..._ana&fext=.jsp

A couple more links to tell the Weber story. He is looking for a bounceback year, I'd be guessing he signed for about $500K-750K with some incentives.

If the Angels need a strikeout, they'll summon Donnelly, Percival or Rodriguez. If they need a double play, Weber's their guy. His fastball added a little giddy-up with improved health, rising from 87-89 MPH in 2002 to 90-92 MPH last year. His out pitch is a nasty sinker, delivered by a guy who hides the ball amid flying elbows and a violently shaking head. He can field his position, and seven of nine runners trying to steal off him were thrown out.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...e?statsId=6444

I like these signings... a definate improvement.

See Ya Mr. Reidling.

I like both the signings - now I'd like a lefty to be added so Miley has some flexibility and then the bullpen becomes a positive (albeit a slight positive) rather than the huge negative it was last year.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Wow, if my numbers are right... we've had to increase the payroll (even if D'Lo walks).............. I'm feeling faint............ someone call 911!

Time is the Revelator.

Ok, Riedling to Florida for AJ Burnett.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    See Ya Mr. Reidling.
    I had the same thought.

I'm hoping that DanO can package Riedling and Jimenez together for something. It would be nice if he got a lower level A lefty starter and a good bat in return, but I'll take anything at this point over him non-tendering them.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'm with ya Red Leader.

I'm hoping that we're playing the same game that the Angels played with Ortiz. Appear to let him walk and then unload to a team afraid to take the risk at signing these two on the market.

Is Weber the guy who got that real bad nosebleed?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    See Ya Mr. Reidling.

Indeed.

Too bad we didn't get anything for him.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?