Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: David Weathers and Ben Weber sign w/ Reds (per Enquirer)

Re: FA Announcement This Afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceking
    Weathers is a good signing.

Don't know much about Weber.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds add two to bolster bullpen

By John Fay
    Enquirer staff writer

The Reds added two pitchers to their bullpen today, signing veteran right-handers David Weathers and Ben Weber.

Weathers, 35, signed a one-year deal with an option for 2006. Weber, also 35, signed a one-year deal.

Weathers pitched for the New York Mets, Florida and Houston last season. He went a combined 7-7 with a 4.15 ERA. Weathers is a 14-year veteran. Before last season, he had a four-year run where he posted a 3.08 ERA or better.

He pitched for the Reds in 1998, going 2-4 with 6.21 ERA.

Weber spent last season with the Anaheim Angels. He struggled, going 0-2 with a 8.06 ERA. Like Weathers, he had a very effective stretch before 2004. He was 5-1 with a 2.69 ERA in '03, 7-2 with a 2.54 ERA in '02 and 6-2 with a 3.42 ERA in '01.

Weathers made $3.9 million last year; Weber $900,000.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceking
    Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Reds add two to bolster bullpen

By John Fay
    Enquirer staff writer

The Reds added two pitchers to their bullpen today, signing veteran right-handers David Weathers and Ben Weber.

Weathers, 35, signed a one-year deal with an option for 2006. Weber, also 35, signed a one-year deal.

Weathers pitched for the New York Mets, Florida and Houston last season. He went a combined 7-7 with a 4.15 ERA. Weathers is a 14-year veteran. Before last season, he had a four-year run where he posted a 3.08 ERA or better.

He pitched for the Reds in 1998, going 2-4 with 6.21 ERA.

Weber spent last season with the Anaheim Angels. He struggled, going 0-2 with a 8.06 ERA. Like Weathers, he had a very effective stretch before 2004. He was 5-1 with a 2.69 ERA in '03, 7-2 with a 2.54 ERA in '02 and 6-2 with a 3.42 ERA in '01.

Weathers made $3.9 million last year; Weber $900,000.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Both are good signings, IMO.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    Weathers is a good signing.

Don't know much about Weber.
    I'll take the exact opposite position.

Reds Sign "Philly Phanatic"

Published: December 15, 2004 (AP)

The Reds today announced the signing of free agent mascot "philly phanatic" away from the city of Philadelphia. Reds General Manager Dan O'Brien said that this move was made on behalf of the "fans" and expressed hope that this would once and for all squash rumours about the Reds organizational commitment to winning, or lack thereof, and pleaded with all those that haven't yet to "for the love of god, buy season tickets before John Allen turns into a gargoyle". O'Brien also indicated that the "fanatic" would be renamed "Numbers the Accounting Clown" to better fit the image of the franchise.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

The Reds today announced the signing of free agent mascot "philly phanatic" away from the city of Philadelphia. Reds General Manager Dan O'Brien said that this move was made on behalf of the "fans" and expressed hope that this would once and for all squash rumours about the Reds organizational commitment to winning, or lack thereof, and pleaded with all those that haven't yet to "for the love of god, buy season tickets before John Allen turns into a gargoyle". O'Brien also indicated that the "fanatic" would be renamed "Numbers the Accounting Clown" to better fit the image of the franchise.
    Bah! They could have done better. Youppi was going to be non-tendered.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Can she pitch? :mhcky21:
    Who cares? :mhcky21:
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Time is the Revelator.

Re: David Weathers and Ben Weber sign w/ Reds (per Enquirer)

I like the signing of Weber. He had a great run with Anaheim before last season. If he can return to form, he'll be huge.

isnt weber the guy with the really weird wind up?

ill take him and weathers. after the ortiz signing i was starting to think the reds wouldnt get any bullpen help

So are the Reds becoming Anaheim east?????? First Ortiz, now Weber???

The biggest problem with Weber is those glasses and the triple clutch with the glove. As long as his problems were not physical that are still present, he comes as one who fits the mold of a good, cheap gamble coming off a bad year but with recent success.

Now I'm very concerned. What will happen to Gapper and Mr. Red? This organization has absolutely no loyalty whatsoever. First they dump the "Old Lefthander" like yesterday's trash. Then RedsFest was cancelled. Then Barry "The Icon" Larkin was disposed of with all the finesse of a mob hit. Now we lose Gapper and Mr. Red due to corporate greed! I will NEVER attend another Reds game again!

School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?