Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: David Weathers and Ben Weber sign w/ Reds (per Enquirer)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

David Weathers and Ben Weber sign w/ Reds (per Enquirer)

According to Dan O'Brien on 1360, the Reds will make another announcement regarding a free agent signing this afternoon. Didn't give a time though.

My bet would be Weathers has been finalized, possibly even Mercker.
    Last edited by zombie-a-go-go; 12-15-2004 at 11:59 AM.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

RedTeamGo!

Re: FA Announcement This Afternoon.

Do you know what time that will be announced?

I'm tellin ya, it's Clement.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    I'm tellin ya, it's Clement.
    How sweet would that be?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Carlos Beltran.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Clement and Perez. :gac:
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Nicole Eggert
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Nicole Eggert
    Can she pitch? :mhcky21:
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Can she pitch? :mhcky21:
    Who cares? :mhcky21:
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Re: David Weathers and Ben Weber sign w/ Reds (per Enquirer)

isnt weber the guy with the really weird wind up?

ill take him and weathers. after the ortiz signing i was starting to think the reds wouldnt get any bullpen help

Reds Sign "Philly Phanatic"

Published: December 15, 2004 (AP)

The Reds today announced the signing of free agent mascot "philly phanatic" away from the city of Philadelphia. Reds General Manager Dan O'Brien said that this move was made on behalf of the "fans" and expressed hope that this would once and for all squash rumours about the Reds organizational commitment to winning, or lack thereof, and pleaded with all those that haven't yet to "for the love of god, buy season tickets before John Allen turns into a gargoyle". O'Brien also indicated that the "fanatic" would be renamed "Numbers the Accounting Clown" to better fit the image of the franchise.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

The Reds today announced the signing of free agent mascot "philly phanatic" away from the city of Philadelphia. Reds General Manager Dan O'Brien said that this move was made on behalf of the "fans" and expressed hope that this would once and for all squash rumours about the Reds organizational commitment to winning, or lack thereof, and pleaded with all those that haven't yet to "for the love of god, buy season tickets before John Allen turns into a gargoyle". O'Brien also indicated that the "fanatic" would be renamed "Numbers the Accounting Clown" to better fit the image of the franchise.
    Bah! They could have done better. Youppi was going to be non-tendered.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Now I'm very concerned. What will happen to Gapper and Mr. Red? This organization has absolutely no loyalty whatsoever. First they dump the "Old Lefthander" like yesterday's trash. Then RedsFest was cancelled. Then Barry "The Icon" Larkin was disposed of with all the finesse of a mob hit. Now we lose Gapper and Mr. Red due to corporate greed! I will NEVER attend another Reds game again!

Quote Originally Posted by dougflynn23
    Now I'm very concerned. What will happen to Gapper and Mr. Red? This organization has absolutely no loyalty whatsoever. First they dump the "Old Lefthander" like yesterday's trash. Then RedsFest was cancelled. Then Barry "The Icon" Larkin was disposed of with all the finesse of a mob hit. Now we lose Gapper and Mr. Red due to corporate greed! I will NEVER attend another Reds game again!
    actually the Reds are going to keep a well stocked "mascot pen" this year. O'Brien felt that they were still too "one dimensional" even after the addition of "gapper" to longtime standby "Mr. Red", and was quoted as saying "with the obvious lack of quality in our starting pitching we felt that we needed to do something to keep fans in their seats during those 15-5 blow outs, as we have concessions quotas to meet, otherwise we 'll have to get rid of Pepsi/Coke and replace it with KK Cola."
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?