Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty lambastes Larkin

Re: Marty lambastes Larkin

Marty is a jerk. It's classless to slam Larkin after he left.

Marty is probably jealous over all the time that Larkin was a bigger name in the Reds organization than he is..

Yeah, Marty, real classless of Larkin to thank the fans after the team gave him the boot.

And who cares if Lark insisted on starting here (no proof) but now is willing to be a backup? Can't the man change his mind (if that is true).. Let's see, Larkin was benched the last 6 weeks, but still wanted to come back. Marty needs to give Lark some credit for having enough intelligence to realize that he wouldn't be the regular starter. Lark probably prefered to start, because he's a competitor, but surely he knew that he wouldn't start every game if he came back.

Marty is a pompous, classless jerk. I'll be glad when the old grouch leaves the booth. He obviously doesn't enjoy his job anymore, so why doesn't he just retire.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

While I think Marty is going over the top, I do somewhat agree with him regarding what Barry did the last day. That, IMO, was pretty weak. But to say it was the most classless thing he has ever seen is absurd and can't possibly be true.

I love Marty. Some people hate the truth. I'm a big fan of Larkin, but he hasn't exactly been the most professional with some of his actions of late.

Marty is one of the greatest announcers and we should feel previlidged to get to listen to him doing the Reds games.

Marty has always spoke his mind, and he goes in the clubhouse afterward to catch any flack that may arise from his comments. He's ruffled the feathers of a lot of Reds players over the years. Sure Marty has an ego, but I've seen ego's and opinions as big as Marty's here at Redszone. He has as much right to an opinion as anyone, and he tells it like it is when he is asked. I'm relatively sure that Marty has more up front information about the Larkin saga than any of us, and the Reds front office is probably not going to say much about his comments since they haven't had a lot of love for Larkin lately, either.

I could be mistaken, but when Larkin came up to the booth on the last day of the season weren't Marty and Joe (at the time) commenting on how CLASSY an act it was? Does anyone remember that?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Yeah. I can't believe how cavalier some people are about Joe leaving, but don't mind Marty. I love, LOVE Nuxy, and I don't hate Marty, but if I had to choose between the two it wouldn't be hard.
    Same, I'd rather lisen to Joe mess up peoples names then Marty slame everyone left and right.
    Go Gators!

Hey, if you can't take the truth, don't ask for it.

Marty did nothing wrong. He gets paid to talk about baseball and he's been around the city and team long enough that I think he has the right to speak up and voice his opinion now and then.

If you guys aren't trashing on one guy, it's another.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Marty is soft compared to people on this board. It's almost laughable to accuse Marty of mouthing and bashing anything and everything when this board is FULL of that kind of thing. And i'm included in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Marty is soft compared to people on this board. It's almost laughable to accuse Marty of mouthing and bashing anything and everything when this board is FULL of that kind of thing.
    :notworthy
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

When people on this board become something more than anonymous people on some internet message board, then we compare. Marty is the voice of the Reds and is given a public outlet listened to by thousands of people. Surely you understand the difference. If I had a radio show listened to by mass people, I wouldn't say a lot of what I say here.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Personally I've got no beef whatsoever with Marty taking issue with any Red or Reds under contract. But when it comes to people no longer employed by the Reds? Move on, Marty. Save that bile for this year...you're going to need it.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Retired

I've always liked Marty. I'm sure a lot of others within the Reds feel the same way Marty does, they just don't have a pair big enough to say it.

Preach on, Marty.

Some are making Marty out to be a virtuous truth teller. Marty has created the Brenneman brand and now all he's doing is trying to live up to the image he's created. This isn't about Barry, it's about Marty. He's selling himself here. Nothing more. And it looks like his customers are buying it in droves.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Donder
    I could be mistaken, but when Larkin came up to the booth on the last day of the season weren't Marty and Joe (at the time) commenting on how CLASSY an act it was? Does anyone remember that?
    Yep, Larkin was universally praised for making such a classy exit at the time. Made sure he said a proper farewell not just to his teammates, but the people behind the scenes as well.

Marty's just probably confused by the show of public decency. His brain can't process it.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?