Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Marty lambastes Larkin

Re: Marty lambastes Larkin

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I betcha no one gets the "C" it's an antiqueted notion in baseball. Aside from Jeter (who was named by George) who else is a Captain in the sport?
    A-Rod was... for a week. :MandJ:
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    Marty is a jerk. It's classless to slam Larkin after he left.
    But it was OK for Larkin, over the last several years, while being paid darn good money, to pull shenanigans and stunts to try embarass and slam this orgainzation? And some of his and Jr's antics together were numerous.

I agree with most everything Marty stated.

The caller asked Marty a question, and as Marty said... did he want the PC version, or how he really felt about this situation? If you don't want someone's honest opinion, regardless who it may be, then don't ask it.

I guess some wanted the PC version.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

M2,

:rotflmao: :MandJ: :rotflmao:
    Makes all the routine posts.

"I guess some wanted the PC version."

Is it "PC" to say, "I don't want to comment on something that's in the past and doesn't involve the current state of the Reds"?

Seems to me that that's a good personal policy to have. Not talking about things that aren't germane to the current state of the team; otherwise, you look like Marty does--a bitter jilted lover who can't stop talking about an ex. Bad form, it's embarrassing.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has broadcast booths. And those broadcast booths have to be guarded by men with egos. Who's gonna do it? You? You, MWM? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Barry Larkin and you curse the Reds. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Larkin's exit, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in that broadcast booth. You need me in that broadcast booth.

We use words like play-by-play, promo, segue...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent blathering about something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very broadcast I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a microphone and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
    :MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ:
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I like Marty doing Play By Play.
    I just wish he would stick to the game.

Seems like since he made HOF he'd
    rather be anywhere than callin' the game.

Turn Off Ads?