Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Marty lambastes Larkin

Re: Marty lambastes Larkin

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232
    By this logic, why hasn't Marty ever taken personal digs at Sean Casey? Casey, whether right or not, is probably the face of this organization now, and has been the past couple years with the injuries to Larkin and KGJ. Maybe we should expect an all out assault once Casey gets that 'C' on his jersey. Please.
    I don't think Marty perceives Sean as a good enough ballplayer to threaten his status. Casey's hardly a superstar in terms of the national picture. Be interesting to see how he treats Dunn if the kid continues to wreck the ball. IMO, Marty spends a whole lot of time barking about Dunn doesn't do and glosses over the larger pile of things he does well (often exceptionally well).
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

"If I hear this one more time, I think I'm going to"

Hey, it's this "candor" that got W elected...this "truth-tellin'" is at the core of all things libertarian and red state. In short, the good ole boy weltanshuang.

"Welp, the way Ah seeyit..."

Guess what Marty, you don't see it the way I do; don't pretend to speak for "me."
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    I don't think Marty perceives Sean as a good enough ballplayer to threaten his status. Casey's hardly a superstar in terms of the national picture. Be interesting to see how he treats Dunn if the kid continues to wreck the ball. IMO, Marty spends a whole lot of time barking about Dunn doesn't do and glosses over the larger pile of things he does well (often exceptionally well).
    I'd add to that that he knows he has no chance to poison the Sean Casey waters. Not even Marty Brenneman could convince someone not to like Sean Casey. That would be a losing battle and he knows it would actually harm his persona if he tried. Same with Peter Edward Rose.

Good point on Dunn. Actually, Marty's already been banging the "too many strike out" and "RISP" drum. He's already been quite hard on Adam Dunn.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    I'd add to that that he knows he has no chance to poison the Sean Casey waters. Not even Marty Brenneman could convince someone not to like Sean Casey. That would be a losing battle and he knows it would actually harm his persona if he tried. Same with Peter Edward Rose.

Good point on Dunn. Actually, Marty's already been banging the "too many strike out" and "RISP" drum. He's already been quite hard on Adam Dunn.

He does have too many strike outs and doesn't get enough hits with RISP....not saying he's a bad player, but in order to be a great player, he has to work on those things

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    He does have too many strike outs and doesn't get enough hits with RISP....not saying he's a bad player, but in order to be a great player, he has to work on those things
    gO rEdz

Adam Dunn is the best player on the Reds. But if you even suggest that he has even the slightest flaw expect to get ripped here as someone so ignorant you can't even spell. I don't quite understand how some posters are able to mock and ridicule others because they disagree with them and continously get away with it. I know for a fact it gives the board a bad name. If you guys want this to be a place where only a certain few of you have an opinion you are well on the way there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Adam Dunn is the best player on the Reds. But if you even suggest that he has even the slightest flaw expect to get ripped here as someone so ignorant you can't even spell.
    Nice straw man there Ced. When was the last time that anyone just came on here and "suggested that Adam Dunn has the slightest flaw in his game." When people come on here ragging on Dunn it's a lot more than suggesting he has some flaws and you know it. And I'm one of Dunn's biggest supporters and even I realize he has some flaws and has plenty of room for improvement. And pretty much all his supporters feel the same way.

But when people come on here calling the guy a big stiff and saying we should get rid of the guy for any number of reasons, you better believe we're going to do our best to debunk misconceptions. Why is that such a bad thing?

I don't quite understand how some posters are able to mock and ridicule others because they disagree with them and continously get away with it.
    I don't get you today Ced. What's the point of this board if you can't debate with somone and disagree with them. Rarely does anyone who comes here and respetfully offers and opinion get moked. Back off the drama, man. When someone comes on here and offers opinions that differ from ours, what are we supposed to do? Say nothing? No, we try to offer OUR viewpoint that's different that theirs. That's why this board exists. Now when someone comes on here with a clear agenda and start offering up ridiculous claims not based in reality (see our new friend in the K thread), the yes, they don't always get treated with a warm welcome. So what.

I know for a fact it gives the board a bad name.
    name me a better Reds board ANYWHERE.

If you guys want this to be a place where only a certain few of you have an opinion you are well on the way there.
    Again with the drama. There's no shortage of opinions here and you know it. There's disagreements all over the place. Boards like these are for debating. Sometimes debating gets a little heated. If you don't like it, maybe you should find somewhere else to go. But don't make it out to be a place where different opinions aren't welcome because you know better.
    Last edited by MWM; 12-16-2004 at 06:40 PM.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

If you guys want this to be a place where only a certain few of you have an opinion you are well on the way there.
    Yeah, this place is a classic example of lock-step thinking. No one ever disagrees about anything.

I'm not talking about you at all with that last post and i'm not saying it's a bad board. But I think Matt was making a point that is well documented and I don't think he deserved the response he got. That's not debate, that's mocking one's opinion. I can't judge intent here, it might just have been a joke and I missed it. But it surely looked to me like the poster was saying the point was so ignorant that it was worthy of a five year old response like "gO ReDZ.

Let me make this clear because I guess I didn't. I have absolutely no problem with the debate on this thread and everything else on the board. That isn't what i'm talking about, i'm talking about mocking posts and the like.

I'm not talking about you at all with that last post and i'm not saying it's a bad board. But I think Matt was making a point that is well documented and I don't think he deserved the response he got. That's not debate, that's mocking one's opinion. I can't judge intent here, it might just have been a joke and I missed it. But it surely looked to me like the poster was saying the point was so ignorant that it was worthy of a five year old response like "gO ReDZ.

Let me make this clear because I guess I didn't. I have absolutely no problem with the debate on this thread and everything else on the board. That isn't what i'm talking about, i'm talking about mocking posts and the like.
    It was not a dig at Matt, it was just a juxtaposition of where the thread was going once that avenue was traversed.

Allright, apologies.

Also, telling somone who disagrees with Marty that they "just can't handle the truth" is a dig in its own right.

Also, telling somone who disagrees with Marty that they "just can't handle the truth" is a dig in its own right.
    You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has broadcast booths. And those broadcast booths have to be guarded by men with egos. Who's gonna do it? You? You, MWM? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Barry Larkin and you curse the Reds. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Larkin's exit, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in that broadcast booth. You need me in that broadcast booth.

We use words like play-by-play, promo, segue...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent blathering about something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very broadcast I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a microphone and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

15. Likes:

RedsBaron (08-22-2013),RichRed (08-22-2013),Roy Tucker (08-22-2013),TSJ55 (08-22-2013),WrongVerb (08-22-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (08-22-2013)

OH MY FREAKING GAWD!!!!!!!!!

:MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ:

I haven't laughed so hard and for so long in years. That's easily the funniest thing I've read on here......maybe ever.

OH MY FREAKING GAWD!!!!!!!!!

:MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ:

I haven't laughed so hard and for so long in years. That's easily the funniest thing I've read on here......maybe ever.
    Glad you liked.

Though I should have continued until he admits ordering the Code Red on Larkin.

Turn Off Ads?