Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everyone please read: forum rules

Everyone please read: forum rules

Since we upgraded the board to the latest version of the vBulletin software a while back, we haven't had the forum rules at the bottom of each page because they did not successfully import over to the new version. It was something I was aware of but I wanted the same rules - word for word - before I put them back up. Over in the Hall of Fame forum, Bob Borkowski mentioned that he had found an old copy of the site that had the rules I was looking for. I have readded them at the bottom of each style, along with links to private message the administrators and moderators. I just wanted to remind everyone of these, particularly because we've had so many new users lately, but I also think it would be a good idea for forum 'veterans' to reread them as well. Play by the rules and you'll fit in just fine...if you have any questions about the rules, feel free to contact an admin or moderator. Thanks for your cooperation and as the last rule states, enjoy yourselves!

Boss

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Everyone please read: forum rules

I don't know because it's been a long time since I registered. When someone registers do they agree to abide by the rules, like a Yes or No answer. It's part of the registration process, right?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    I don't know because it's been a long time since I registered. When someone registers do they agree to abide by the rules, like a Yes or No answer. It's part of the registration process, right?
    They don't have to agree to the board rules specifically but something pretty similar that vBulletin has issused as their default rules. Still, I think it might be a good idea to change the wording so that they have to agree to our specific forum rules. Here's the vBulletin rules that new users currently have to agree to:

Forum Rules
    Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of RedsZone Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of RedsZone Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of RedsZone Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Another thing I've noticed we've been having a problem with lately is profanity. I've made a post similar to this a few times in the past but I'll do it again for all the new people and the people who need to be reminded. In accordance with rule #4 listed at the bottom of every page, which bars the use of edgy language, profanity, whether "masked" or not, will no longer be tolerated. I'm getting tired of seeing posts littered with things like f**k where it is inherently obvious what the poster means. Another thing I've seen come up a lot of is the use of 'WTF'. We all know what the 'f' stands for and it's not going to be tolerated anymore. There are plenty of ways for you to express yourself without using terms like that. Personally, I have no problem with profanity but since I help run a board that has a lot of kids visit it, it won't be tolerated here. I'm not talking about relatively tame words like "damn" or "hell" but it's the things beyond that that I have a problem with.

Here's how it will be handled in the future - if your posts contain profanity, the entire post will be deleted with a message from the administrator or moderator stating that your post has been deleted for violating rule #4. If this continues to be a problem, you will be suspended for a week. It gets worse from there.

Added June 10th: If you direct profanity at another user, you will automatically be suspended from the board for one week. The reason we're cracking down on this, in particular, is because it violates rules #4 and #5. Something like this has already happened three times and we will not hestitate to continue to suspend violaters.

We will need our members to help keep the board clean. With the board growing every day, it's becoming harder and harder to monitor every single post. If you see a post that is violating this or any of our other rules, we would appreciate it you report the post to the admins and moderators by clicking on the triangle with an exclaimation point below every post. This will anonymously allow you to report a particular post to a moderator.

So, in short, no profanity including using *'s or the like to 'censor' it and no abbreviations such as WTF, WT__ or anything similar. Keep it clean and we won't have a problem. Thanks.

Boss

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Re: Everyone please read: forum rules - updated June 1st

Yosemite Sam would never make it past the first day then huh?

http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/yosemite/Sam52.wav

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Excellent, Boss. Thanks.

You guys do a great job. Thanks for keeping it clean!

so this means Chip will be running around doing this :fineprint ?

Thanks for keeping this place clean, Boss.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

keep up the good work Boss. good ideas!
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

"So Fla Red"

Boss -- U Top Dog

5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. Sounds good on paper.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

I just KNOW some whiner is going to call this a "freedom of speech" issue.

It happens everytime on forums and I cant stop laughing everytime I see it.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan
    5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. Sounds good on paper.
    Wasn't there something about trolling on there, too?
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Thanks Boss!
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?