Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Your "I just don't get it" list

Re: Your "I just don't get it" list

It's Steve Balmer, head cheerleader at Microsoft.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Still looks like CbusRed to me.... :MandJ:

Rem

I'm sure, without reading all the posts, that everyone is joking around having fun in this thread.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

"1) Wes Anderson movies. Juvenile and boring, yet the scarf-wearing, video-store types love 'em. Don't get it."

Nobody's kidding.

He and David Lynch should go run and jump in a Pretentious Lake.

Gimme Burt Reynolds and Loni Anderson in Stroker Ace.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Will Farrell. Seriously! I've racked my brain to figure out why people love this guy.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I just don't get how people who have known me for YEARS still spell my name Kristen. It's like they've never heard of the name Kristin. Very aggravating. Especially when they write out a check to Kristen, and I have to sign it that way to cash it. What is so difficult about my name anyway?? My own FATHER spelled AND pronounced it "Christine" until I was about a year old!!!
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

Quote Originally Posted by remdog
    Have to agree with Dan. In fact, I never 'got' Dale Earnhardt when he was alive!

Rem
    Hey, I have no problem with someone saying they don't get the Earnhardt thing. It was Dan's "He's dead folks, move on!" add-on that offended, and not because I'm an Earnhardt worshipper. When he was racing, I was not a fan of his at all. But after his death, and after researching and talking to people about his life, I became a big admirer of the man for what he went through and what he became. The similarities between his life and Pete Rose's life are both striking and remarkable, and we all know how Pete was revered in this town and among Reds fans everywhere, at least before the gambling mess started.

I think part of what keeps the Earnhardt mystique alive (in addition to his being one of the two greatest at his "sport" ever) is the circumstances under which he died. An appropriate analogy that might bring it home for Reds fans would be for Pete Rose to have been rounding third in the bottom of the ninth of Game 7 of the World Series and suddenly collapse and die on the basepath, while millions watched. That's pretty much what happened at the Daytona 500 that February day in 2001.

I really didn't mean to get into all this in this thread (of all places), but I guess my button was pressed.

Some don't "get" Earnhardt, just as some don't get Rose, Mantle, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, or The Beatles. For every icon, there will be a large percentage of the population that won't give them a second thought, in life or in death. That makes them no less significant to those who understand their place in American pop culture history.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled fun.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

ODERED

Some things I don't get:

* Super-unleaded gas (does that make it more healthy?)

* Winter storms in Kentucky are 1+", in Massachusetts anything less than 2-3" is just "a few snow showers"

* why the guy that put the new doors on our trailer, made it so that the door at the front of the door opens out. what do I live in, a rectangular outhouse?

* commercials that say "don't try all those drugs, they're unhealthy, try our pill!"

* reality shows, when they're scripted and there is a camera following a person who is going to open a door from which behind stands another person that is being followed by a cameraman.

* people who post about their confusion over something, and instead of asking a question they SAY something, and end it as a really big question: (as an example): i'm having trouble installing this and don't know what to do???
    well, are you having trouble installing?

ODERED

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Barry11
    I just don't get how people who have known me for YEARS still spell my name Kristen. It's like they've never heard of the name Kristin. Very aggravating. Especially when they write out a check to Kristen, and I have to sign it that way to cash it. What is so difficult about my name anyway?? My own FATHER spelled AND pronounced it "Christine" until I was about a year old!!!
    I hear ya, Kristin! My wife and I are perplexed at how no one, NO ONE, can seem to understand OR spell our last name: whalen

They ask "whaden"? "How do you spell that, w-a-y-l-e-n?" "Is that w-h-a-l-u-n?" At first I thought it was me, since I'm such a soft-spoken person, but I've seen it with my own two ears (LOL!) when she gets treated the same way. It really is amazing how poorly so many people spell, and how they can't even seem to spell it SORT of correctly

Quote Originally Posted by DunnersGrl44
    I agree with you on everything on your list. Especially Dave Matthews band. But I am gonna have to somewhat disagree with the Outfield Seats, As a female, I enjoy the seating simply because they are close to the relief pitchers and some of them are nice to look at.
    Yeah, my wife likes the view from there, too. Especially Dunn...

Ditto on the list, too. I'll add:

John Maher- liked that first song, but I'm getting tired of the breathy voice.

Bill O'Reilly- It's not his opinions that bother me, it's that he thinks he's smarter than his audience...and everyone else for that matter. If he had broken in with anything other than Inside Edition, maybe I'd give him some credit.

Supersize, All you Can Eat, Endless Breadsticks- Hey, here's an idea- how about a well prepared, tasty, normal sized meal?

Garage Sales- Although the fact that other peoples' detritus floating around from household to household at least means it's not in a landfill, what is up with these people who prowl my neighborhood at 7am on Saturdays? Is their time worth nothing?

Cellphones- The last thing I want is for someone to call me when I'm walking in a park.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Big shout-out to the non-fans of Lord of the Rings.

To quote Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds: "NEEEEEEEERRRRRRDDDS!!!!!"
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Big shout-out to the non-fans of Lord of the Rings.
    Word.

However, I do like the Matrix movies. What does that make me?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo
    However, I do like the Matrix movies. What does that make me?
    Someone who enjoys HORRIBLE acting! :RedinDC:
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I don't get people that tell me i'm a fool for eating right lol. You would be absolutely shocked at the amount of people at work who get pissy because I never, ever eat fat foods. I work with a guy that get's Wendy's everyday, how anyone can eat that is beyond me haha. I think they use foil because the grease would tear through the paper

I don't get: "a good cry"
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Turn Off Ads?