Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Your "I just don't get it" list

Re: Your "I just don't get it" list

Teenage girls that dress like hookers
    Pros-ti-tots

2. Turn Off Ads?

Nascar in general. I've wathced it plenty to try to get what all the fuss is about and I just can't understand it.

I also have tried really hard to like Hockey, but just can't. But with Hockey I can watch and understand why people love the sport. With Nascar, it leaves me scratching my head.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Why is it such a foreign concept to some people that they don't ALWAYS have to be in charge, especially when they are guests in someone else's home?
    Sounds like the mother-in-law is acting up again

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Pros-ti-tots
    I guess it would be funny if it were not so sad. In todays society 13 year old girls have gotten the message that they are nothing more than sex objects and the best way to attract male attention is by showing off their "assets".

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    I guess it would be funny if it were not so sad. In todays society 13 year old girls have gotten the message that they are nothing more than sex objects and the best way to attract male attention is by showing off their "assets".
    Ironic how the most blatent role models for this have come out of the Disney Organization.

Ironic how the most blatent role models for this have come out of the Disney Organization.
    :RedinDC:

So true. Isn't that new show "Life As We Know It" a Disney show. That show is about as irresponsible as it gets, IMO.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I don't get why marijuana is illegal. And no i'm not Ricky Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I don't get why marijuana is illegal. And no i'm not Ricky Williams.
    Dow Chemical and William Randolph Hearst send their best.

Ricky Williams

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I don't get people who make general statements without evidence, or use other illogical fallacies that promote their viewpoint.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I don't get how people think using this thread as a weapon to make snide comments about other posters won't get it locked.

Play nice, or I'll put the toys away.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I don't get people who make general statements without evidence, or use other illogical fallacies that promote their viewpoint.
    Both Britney and Christina got their start on Disney's "Mickey Mouse Club", Justin Timberlake too.

How's that?

I just don't get:

1) Baseball boy

2) Why I keep Baseball boy's rookie card propped up right by my computer screen :dflynn:

3) Lord of the Rings- no matter how many times my ex-boyfriend insisted I watch those movies, I STILL hated them (the hatred increased exponentially with each movie viewed)

4) Chicago Cubs and their fans

5) Bananas- yuck!

6) Orlando Bloom

7) Leonardo DiCaprio

8) Omar Vizquel- never gonna get over despising that man, no matter what team he plays for

9) My parents- I'm scared to death to get married now

10) Mean people- like the lady in the airport yesterday who bit my head off and cussed at me when I stopped to check the flight departures on the monitor (it's not like I intentionally stepped in her path and I apologized right away, geez!)
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

Hey 62!

Like your avitar. Believe it or not, my last boss looked exactly like Mr. Incredible. A weight lifter that was damned by an imense gut. If you ever met the guy you would think that the producers of the movie used him as the model for the cartoon character.

Cracks me up everytime I see a picture of Mr. Incredible. :MandJ: The good part is that 'Mike' has his Halloween costume nailed for the next ten years.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by remdog
    Hey 62!

Like your avitar. Believe it or not, my last boss looked exactly like Mr. Incredible. A weight lifter that was damned by an imense gut. If you ever met the guy you would think that the producers of the movie used him as the model for the cartoon character.

Cracks me up everytime I see a picture of Mr. Incredible. :MandJ: The good part is that 'Mike' has his Halloween costume nailed for the next ten years.

Rem

Hot diggity damn!!!!

I hadn't even thought of that!!

I've GOT to get myself a Mr. Incredible costume. I'll wear it around the house all year!!!!
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?