Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Your "I just don't get it" list

Re: Your "I just don't get it" list

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I don't get people that tell me i'm a fool for eating right lol. You would be absolutely shocked at the amount of people at work who get pissy because I never, ever eat fat foods. I work with a guy that get's Wendy's everyday, how anyone can eat that is beyond me haha. I think they use foil because the grease would tear through the paper
    So what kind of car is your body and why kind of fuel do you fill it up with, if not Wendy's???
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    "atheists - why such a furor over someone who doesn't exist?"

Call me the next time an atheist comes to your door at 8:30 on a Saturday morning wearing a white oxford, a black tie, and shiny loafers holding out copies of the Atheist Watchtower :MandJ:
    :MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ:

The former owners of my house were Jehovah Witnesses. And all this time, I thought the reason they kept coming back was because they missed the house they lived in for 25 years. :allovrjr:
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    I don't get: "a good cry"
    I can't believe I'm hearing that from a Reds and Bengals fan. If anyone is more deserving. :allovrjr:

I ALSO don't get....

parachutists - why would anyone want to jump out of a perfectly good airplaine?

bungy cord jumping - nothing like strapping a huge rubber band around your ankle and jumping headfirst over the Snake River.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Arrogance on the internet

Why oh WHY do people engage in that? you're a name on a screen, grow up
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Someone who enjoys HORRIBLE acting! :RedinDC:

"whoa"

I wonder if "whoa" is actually in any of Keanu"s scripts?

parachutists - why would anyone want to jump out of a perfectly good airplaine?
    I did it once. Terrifying and exhilerating.

Someone who enjoys HORRIBLE acting!
    What acting? Keanu and company mostly pose for the shots. I'm not going to defend it but I found the movies hypnotic.

LOTR, OTOH, WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo
    I'm not going to defend it but I found the movies hypnotic.
    No need to defend it. I was obviusly joking. Heck, I liked the first two, but didn't see the third.

The only person needing to "defend" the use of Keanu Reeves in a movie is Kenneth Branagh for using him in a Shakespeare movie. Now THAT was indefensible.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    Hunting and fishing: Yes, growing up as a country boy, I tried both. I got into the fishing thing for a time, but never became addicted as some of my friends did. I always thought there was too thin a line between fishing and just sitting in a boat looking stupid.
    Spread the word, it leaves more spots for me to drop a line in peace. Fishing is no different than baseball. Handed down from Dads to sons, a nice way to spend a day, and something that can be enjoyed by everyone from 3 to 83.

I always say that if you need to catch fish to have a good day of fishing, you're not doing it right.

I don't get greed. You don't get to take it with you, get what you need and enjoy the rest of your life.

GL

Turn Off Ads?