Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Mulder traded to Cardinals

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Mark Mulder traded to Cardinals

saw it on ESPNNews, wow

Mulder to StL for Kiko Calero, Dan Haren, and that catching prospect thats supposed to be good(Barton?). Beane must be really missing Depodestas laptop right now...
    Last edited by WVRed; 12-18-2004 at 07:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

mulder to cards

espn gammons reports cards get mulder from a's for haran,colero and another.guess it's a done deal
    Last edited by jrdunnit; 12-18-2004 at 07:15 PM. Reason: in another post

Re: Mark Mulder traded to Cardinals

Mulder to St. Louis
    The Big Three is now down to one. ESPN's Peter Gammons reports A's ace Mark Mulder has been traded to the Cardinals for pitchers Danny Haren, Kiki Calero and catcher Daric Barton.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Re: mulder to cards

dupe
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Ouch.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Re: mulder to cards

big 3 down to big one!!!!!!!!!reckon reds could get zito now since beane is unloading. :MandJ:

Good Lord. Why? What the heck is Beane doing? I've seen Haren pitch, and his stuff projects as no better than a number 3 or 4. I guess when they write a book about you, you become fearless. This was a horrible deal for Oakland.

You have to admire Beane, makes sense to reload all at once. I wouldn't be surprised to see him trade zito now too.

they must really like barton.
    Last edited by pedro; 12-18-2004 at 07:20 PM.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Barton is a stud, but wasn't totally sold on staying a catcher.

Some trade.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

This one hurts.

Awesome trade for the Cards though.

mulder is good but cards have took a big hit too:
    williams matheny kline renteria womack

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Santo Alcala
    Good Lord. Why? What the heck is Beane doing? I've seen Haren pitch, and his stuff projects as no better than a number 3 or 4. I guess when they write a book about you, you become fearless. This was a horrible deal for Oakland.
    He hasn't really impressed me either. But my guess is that the A's disagree with you about that #3 or #4 thing. He did strike out 150 in 128 innings in AAA last year. And he was their #1 prospect going into last year per BA.

I wonder if Barton projects as a 1b/dh. He had 11 errors in 52 games at catcher last year.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

I guess everyone loves the Cardinals, even other clubs.

To be fair, I don't know much about Barton. But, I thought Wainright was their best pitching prospect. Haren will probably be a midling starting pitcher, but nowhere near the stud everyone seems to think he is this winter. I've followed Haren very closely because I had him for about a year in my roto system, saw him pitch several times on tv and he just doesn't have the type of lights out stuff he's given credit for. I thought Atlanta beat Beane on the last deal, but figured he would ralley if he dealt another of the "big three", but he is practically giving them away. This is absolutely disgusting.

Zito for Claussen and EE? If Zito agreed to an extension?

Call em up DanO.
    Matta = Really good

Ugh. Why, oh why? :dflynn:
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

Turn Off Ads?