Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trailer: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Re: Trailer: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Who plays Grandpa Joe.....MacCauley Culkin?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Saw the movie tonight. I, along with everybody else, thought it looked kinda' creepy. It was a very enjoyable movie, and once again, depp nails his role. With some subtle changes, the movie went along with the original Gene Wilder version, except this one focused more on Charlie. I would recommend this movie, and give it a BTW, Johnny Depp had his own share of wit in the movie.

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

I hated it. Wanted to love it, and just couldn't. The songs were terrible, the Oompa Loompas were terrible. I understand why Depp went the direction he went, but I just didn't like it.

Gene Wilder was cocky as Willy Wonka. The storyline in this one just didn't allow for that cockiness, which is a shame.

I'm really surprised at how much I didn't like this movie. I totally went in thinking I'd love it.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

On another subject, here's the answer to the question, "Whatever happened to the kid who played Charlie in the original film?"

http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/nov00/s110100g.asp
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    OMG...I thought I was the only person alive that still had that song emblazened into their subconscious:

"Onk-Unk-Onk-Unk-Onk-Unk...Three more-a days 'til Halloween...Sil-vuuuuuuur Shamrock!"

Probably the worst 90 minutes of my life. This jingle is high comedy for me and my wife now. Those friggin masks.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Saw this last night. I was planning to let the rest of the family see Charlie, while I would go to some other screen in the multiplex, but I couldn't find anything else I wanted to see. Have to admit it exceeded my expectations overall. Depp was creepy and Michael Jackson-esque, but it worked.

Biggest surprise was that I liked this version of Oompa-Loompas much better than the original, which just seemed menacing when I was a kid. Maybe I should refer to them in singular, since they were all played by the same actor. The Oompa-Loompa songs were quite funny, too - especially the Nut Room song!
    /r/reds

Godo movie I thought. Depp was creepy because Wonka should be creepy, read the book.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Turn Off Ads?