Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Milton signs for 3 years/$25.5 million

Re: Eric Milton

Come on, Milton isn't that bad. If it's around a 3 year 13/15 milllion contract I will be happy.
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21
    It seems to me with the signings of Milton & Randa, that there will eventually be some type of corresponding move.
    If there is a corresponding move it will be simply to unload salary.

Wheels, why are you so opposed to this signing?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Carter,

I am 19 also and echo the same feelings. Other than the Griffey trade and sign, this is the biggest signing by the Reds I can clearly remember. It's a sad realization, but exciting that the front office is finally stepping up to the plate.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    Harang looks to be on his way out which I think will be sooner than many people may suspect.
    What in the world makes you come to that conclusion? He showed improvement, esp. after the stint on the DL. I think he looks very good as a steady #4 pitcher.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan the Reds Fan
    My source has confirmed, it is Milton, and press conference at 4:15, which you knew by now. I'll be honest, I originally thought it was Millwood, partly my fault, and my source was a bit confused, but I still think it's a step in the right direction. It at least shows that the front office is willing to spend to get some quality people in the organization. Although I'm not sure, but I don't think the contract is going to make some of us happy. I hear it is quite large, no numbers given though.
    It'll only make me mad if it is more money than either Matt Clement got or Odalis Perez is going to get.

Pitching costs money, that's a fact of baseball.

-cE

Come on folks, how is this a disappointment? Does it not upgrade or staff? Does it not show us that the front office is willing to spend some money? Hey, hopefully we aren't done, but I don't see how anyone can be disappointed with what we had. And comparatively where we are now. I believe it is obviously a better position.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    Eric Milton

161 K/75 BB

I like that ratio.
    Need to cut those walks down by about 20.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    I feel sorry for you.
    Why the negative vibe from you?

This is the best player the Reds could have signed. Millwood is going to Cleveland, Perez to New York. It was either Derek Lowe or Eric Milton. I would rather have Eric Milton.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Petitt33
    Anyone have Milton's stats from last year?
    Sure.

.810 OPS Against.

Of the 86 MLB ERA Qualifiers, Milton ranked 73rd.

He's a three-run HR waiting to happen.

A Wilson/Ortiz/Milton 1-2-3 is one of the most putrid rotation front three combos I've ever seen. At three years, this is a worse than the Lidle signing. It's worse than the Ortiz signing. It's the worst thing Dan O'Brien has ever done.

He can go now.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

I look at it this way, with the addition of Milton, the Reds rotation is better today than it was yesterday.

The additions of Weber, Mercker, and Weathers make the bullpen better than it was last year.

The addition of Randa makes the third base defense better than it has been in a few years, plus it gives the Reds a bat that is fundamentally sound.

So maybe the Reds haven't signed any clydesdales, but I sure like the feeling of taking a step in the right direction. These are good moves, and they give me some genuine enthusiasm for the upcoming season.

Kudos to Lindner, Allen, and O'Brien. I never thought I'd say that to Lindner and Allen.
    "It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come out, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone.”
    -A. Barlett Giamatti

Bottom line, Milton will now be the best SP on our staff.
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

I think WLW said how much the contract was but the mailman showed up and the dog barked like the house was under attack, so I missed the amount.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    From Cincinnatireds.com The story is not posted yet, just the headline.
    rest of story now up http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp..._cin&fext=.jsp
    financial terms not released
    Reds also brought Jacob Cruz back with a minor league deal

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Ryan, thanks for the updates all day, it was great anticipation.

Spending money is one thing, spending it wisely is quite another. If the number is large, i don't think its a wise signing.

Then again, who is to say the Reds didn't try for a Millwood, Perez, etc and get rejected and this is what they could do?
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Turn Off Ads?