Turn Off Ads?

Thread: On a Personal Note

On a Personal Note

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Florida St-30
    West Virginia-18

*starts techno music*

EVERYBODY DANCE!!!! BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mhcky21:

I know what you're thinking, but you have to be a transplant living in West Virginia to understand my dislike of the WVU football program.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: On a Personal Note

I'm a native and I understand!

On a side note, the Rose Bowl was just a great football game to watch, yesterday. Texas and Michigan put on a great show. Glad to see Mack Brown and the Longhorns pull it out. Their QB had a great game.

Being a Marshall guy I should rejoice, but I find it hard being happy with a Flordia State win.

I'm a Marshall guy, too, but I'm having a little trouble being to much in the face of the WVU faithful after the season the Herd turned in. That was the least focused Marshall team that I have watched in a lot of years, and in all likelihood, the Mounties would have handed Marshall their tail on a silver platter this season. Marshall needs to really step it up a notch next season.

I've heard some good news about the new governor trying to get MU/WVU to play in the near future. Would be a great thing for the state to be able to look forward to that game at the end of every season, similar to what some of the other great rivalries across the country do. The state should embrace that rivalry to the benefit of all in the Mountain State. Would do more good than harm.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    I'm a Marshall guy, too, but I'm having a little trouble being to much in the face of the WVU faithful after the season the Herd turned in. That was the least focused Marshall team that I have watched in a lot of years, and in all likelihood, the Mounties would have handed Marshall their tail on a silver platter this season. Marshall needs to really step it up a notch next season.

I've heard some good news about the new governor trying to get MU/WVU to play in the near future. Would be a great thing for the state to be able to look forward to that game at the end of every season, similar to what some of the other great rivalries across the country do. The state should embrace that rivalry to the benefit of all in the Mountain State. Would do more good than harm.
    I'd love to see a WVU-MU football game annually, but I wish those games could have been played on a home and home basis, between 1998 and 2002, years when Marshall for the most part had the better team. In 2004, WVU would've probably crushed Marshall. Either the talent on the 2004 Herd was overrated, or the team simply lacked heart.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Ditto on a yearly Marshall/WVU game.

I am glad that I am not the only one who saw a lack of focus by The Herd this season. I swear this is the only team I have ever seen that the 2nd team DT could make a tackle after a 10 yard gain then stand up and do the Ickee shuffle. It got the point of absurd.

I am sure the legal troubles around Huntington played a part. But, did anybody else notice that after Goddard and the D started getting national recognition that he/they almost stopped playing to win and played to not get hurt. The slide continued the last 3 regular games into the bowl.

If they had played WVU before then the way they played OSU and Georgia they could have beaten them. After that no thanks.

Agreed. Not mentally tough, and a real lack of focus, and, this is only my opinion, a lack of character that other Marshall teams have had. Hopefully, next season will see a new commitment and a "leader" to step up. I am a little concerned about going into C-USA without an established QB. I'm a little worried that Pruett lost this year's team somewhere along the way. They just didn't play like his teams have played in the past.

Yeah, Stan was not the "guy". I am not sure who will step up but somebody needs too. It is my understanding that some serious talent awaits in the wings, but next season could get real ugly with the youth that will be playing.

I just worry that Bobby is not a great coach without a field general like Chad or an immense talent like Byron at the helm.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Turn Off Ads?