Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you come from?

Where did you come from?

No this isn't a birds and bees thread.

We have done this several times in the past, but there are so many new people, it's time to do it again.

So how did you come across RedsZone?

I came over in the great migration from Cincy.com.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Where did you come from?

I came over from the Cincy.com migration also, although I've mainly been just a lurker.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Really can't remember. I think I did a google search.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

From Cincy.com
    "Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever" Redsland

IIRC, it was during the Griffey trade and some friends of mine kept getting info from this RedsZone place. I was ??? is that place.

I registered around then, lurked a bit, but it wasn't till late 2001 - early 2002 did I start getting into this place in earnest.

Pay attention to the open sky

The Dayton Board.

A friend emailed me the link.

I too came from Cincy.com.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I just searched around and found it with some help from other people on different baseball boards......i just looked for months and finally started posting just in the past few months....now i catch myself getting on every few minutes when im at my house just to see the new post

I believe it was 2002 when I saw a link to here on another message board that I frequent (Kentucky Sports Report)

Saw it on Marlinsbaseball.com
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

I came across the old Cincy board in 1997 while I was going to school in southern Indiana and didn't have reliable access to ESPN or 700. I had to resort to the Internet to keep up with the Reds; I remember in those days I thought Jon Nunally was going to be the next great Reds outfielder. :MandJ:

I lurked for a long time, and I have continued to lurk a lot over the years.
    I began posting sporadically on the Cincy Board beginning in 1999, under the user name Wade Rowdon. (Former Reds 3B prospect, for those who don't recall his greatness.) At Redzone I have been Dugout, RedsLex (excuse the bad pun), and now Pressbox.

I've had to change my username because I have a bad history of forgetting my password after changing my email accounts. Now that I seem to have settled on an email account and we can create our own passwords at Redzone, hopefully I won't have this problem again. Not to brag, but I like my current name quite a bit and I don't want to change it again.

I hope to become a Redszone subscriber in the very near future.
    So now you know the rest of the story....
    :gac:
    Last edited by PressBox; 01-01-2005 at 11:48 PM. Reason: An insufferable dangling modifier
    "It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come out, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone.
    -A. Barlett Giamatti

While searching for some Reds rumor info last year.... however, joined only a month ago.

2929jamil

Got here from a ESPN link, by far the best Reds board on the net

I don't frequent many message boards, but I was looking around one time, and found another message board with a thread asking for the best place to discuss Reds baseball. A reply suggested this site, and there were a couple of other sites mentioned. I looked around, and like this one the best for it's intelligent, passionate, witty, and mostly civil baseball discussions.

Turn Off Ads?