Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you come from?

Re: Where did you come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Donder
    I've been thanking him ever since...
    I have Donder to thank for showing me the site after getting interested in following baseball (esp the Reds) about a year ago.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD
    When did the cincy.com board close? I think I read that board some at one time, but never posted there.

I read this board for at least two months before I registered and posted. FWIW, I registered the same day as gonelong. It was just a few days before Sept 11, 2001. I think it was another couple of months before I posted again.
    If I remember correctly, the cincy.com board closed on 9/11 or a day after. I came here from the cincy.com board. I think Boss had this website in his sig over there, and that 's how I found the place. I had another name I posted under before, and completely forgot it. It wasn't a problem since I read much more than I post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    i was sent here by Savafan when i joined a fantasy baseball league he started. i had no intention of being a consistant poster here at the time...but look at me now
    I used to love debating with Ravenlord on baseballfever regarding Adam Dunn/Dave Kingman comparisons, and he referenced this site quite often. I love it! Thanks Ravenlord!

At times I think I was born here.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Found it while looking up reds info and havent spent more than a day away since.

Somehow it has defaulted to my "home/start page" I think it is one of those bugs in Microsoft Internet Explorer.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD
    When did the cincy.com board close? I think I read that board some at one time, but never posted there.

I read this board for at least two months before I registered and posted. FWIW, I registered the same day as gonelong. It was just a few days before Sept 11, 2001. I think it was another couple of months before I posted again.
    The Cincy.com board closed I think right after the riots. The boards were very loosely if moderated at all. I remember one night reading after har_ecou flooded the board and shaking my head. Good, real good memories .
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Well... M2 and I were both working on Project TicToc, a government operation to prove that the Sacrifice Fly is a random stat. M2 jumped through the untested portal and found himself here. I went after him, we haven't proven that the sac fly is random just yet andthe folks back home have never been able to retrieve us either.

Sooooo.......... here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Well... M2 and I were both working on Project TicToc, a government operation to prove that the Sacrifice Fly is a random stat. M2 jumped through the untested portal and found himself here. I went after him, we haven't proven that the sac fly is random just yet andthe folks back home have never been able to retrieve us either.

Sooooo.......... here we are.
    And the adventures never stop, like that time an alien shaman took control of my brain and made me think Danny Graves was going to be a good starting pitcher.

Or when we met our bizarroworld duplicates 3W and eastofyou.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

How did I get here?

4 Words:

The Little Red Wagon.

WKU Hilltoppers

cincy.com

Speaking of cincy.com, what ever happened to LarkinFan?
    If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base
    --Dave Barry

He still posts here (though not as much) and is a widely-respected poster.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmachine1976
    cincy.com

Speaking of cincy.com, what ever happened to LarkinFan?

I was reading a blog and they had a link to RedsZone...I am hooked.

Actually...I think we should start a 12 step program.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    At times I think I was born here.
    :MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ: Me too.

I came from the aftermath of cincy.com.

This place is great. The moderators try to be fair. There's a lot of people to learn from. There's a lot of people to simply enjoy with. I wish the two groups wouldn't be at odds with one another sometimes. They don't need to be.

For the fans, by the fans. We make this board what we want it to be.

Cincy.com taught us what we don't want it to be.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

I used to go to cincy.com and read about the Reds there. The place got so nasty I used to just shake my head and move on. Then someone posted about RedsZone and I came over. I've been here ever since and don't even check other places for Reds news. I find that this place has the most informed, intelligent baseball fans of any site I've ever been. How long has it been? Five years? Wow.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?