Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time Travel: Will it ever be possible? Where and when would you go?

Re: Time Travel: Will it ever be possible? Where and when would you go?

I'd go back to april 1969, and bet a boat load of cash on the mets to win the series.

I would have poisoned oswal... errr... never mind. there was no conspiracy.

I would have suggested moving the fleet out of Pearl Harbor on Dec. 6th.

AOL stock was selling for pennies in the early 90's.

And I had jars of pennies lying around.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'd travel back to New York City, circa 1976 and hang out with John Holmstrom and Legs Mcneil. Porbably help 'em out with the creation of "Punk" magazine. Sit in while Lester Bangs "interviewed" Lou Reed.

Drink beers with the Ramones, and sleep with Debbie Harry or Niko.

Eat lots of pizza too.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

I'd convince John Allen that he'd never be more than a hotdog wrapper and he should pursue other career options. :MandJ:

Time Travel is possible.

You just need a Flux Compasitor, a DeLorian, and enough road to go 88 MPH.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    Time Travel is possible.

You just need a Flux Compasitor, a DeLorian, and enough road to go 88 MPH.
    And a catchphrase like "Great Scott!"

Don't forget that one.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    ...and sleep with Debbie Harry...
    There's still time to fit that one in, wheels, although I suspect you are referring to the Debbie Harry of the early 80s. In the present day you'd get this one...

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Actually, I was referring to the Debbie Harry of the mid seventies, who was smokin' hot.

Awww...Who am I kidding?

If I had the chance tomorrow, I probably would.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

The woman needs some teeth whitening.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

On a serious note, I have been impressed in some cases and touched in other cases by some of the replies to this topic. Some have put quite a bit of thought into their replies, and others have made me stop and consider how fortunate I am to have what I have in the present. Worthwhile keystrokes, folks, and just another reason why I visit this site at least once every day.

One thing I'm finding interesting is that everyone is choosing to go to the past. No takers on a visit to the future? Will things be as different as we hope they will be? Will things be as different as we fear they will be?

It's interesting how we can usually get a vision of the future, but that vision is often limited by our knowledge of the present. When I was in high school in the early 80s, I did enough reading on the subject of technology to realize that the day would come when people would no longer walk into stores and buy music on cassettes or even that new format, compact disks. Instead, music in the future would be stored on computer chips, and one would simply take their chip into the music store, select the album or songs, pay the clerk, and get the music stored on the chip.

With newspapers and magazines, we'd no longer get paper copies of these, but rather the words and images could be stored on disks that could be placed into a computer for reading.

Lo and behold, both of these things came to pass, but my vision failed to consider a little thing called the World Wide Web, which made going to the brick-and-mortar store for music unnecessary and made magazines and newspapers available through wires instead of disks.

I think much of the same is still true and will always be true. We can guess about the future, but those guesses are going to be limited by our lack of knowledge of technologies not yet realized.

And zombie, you touched on some of the things I was wondering about, that being the technical aspects of time travel. I must confess, though, that this topic would quickly go over my head. I've never had a physics class in my life. I like trying to understand, though.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

bomarl1969

1. I would travel back to Christmas Eve 2000 and somehow force my Pappy to go to the Dr. (he had been complaining of chest pains for a few days and would not go to the Dr.). He died of a heart attack the next day, 69 years young.

2. I would return to the 80s to see my "healthy" Pappaw just to hug him and tell him I love you one more time and hopefully have a duck hunting trip with him.

3. I would return to jr. high and continue to play football (I quit in 7th grade) and would not worry about losing weight and continue to beef up to hopefully play offensive lineman for WVU one day.

4. I would go to the 1998 Daytona 500 (even if I had to pay 300 bucks for a ticket) just to be there when the Intimidator won his 1st and only 500. I do remember watching it on tv, every lap, every pit stop, and jumping up and down with my dad when Dale won...It was my favorite moment in pro sports history.

5. I would travel back to the Civil War era to meet General Stonewall Jackson, try to pursaude him not to ride at night during the battle of Chancellorsville, and try to get General Lee to listen to General Longstreet's advice regarding General Pickett's charge at Gettysburg.

6. I would travel to the 70s to see Ted Nugent (seen him before but it was in 2000), Jimi Hendrix, the Who, Pink Floyd, and the 1975-76 World Series.

7. I would return to the 80s to see Motley Crue's (seen them in 2000 w/out Tommy Lee :thumbdown) Girls Girls Girls tour, G N R's Appetite for Destruction tour, Ozzy's (saw him at Ozzfest 99 and 01 with the original Sabbath) Dairy of a Madman tour, and Metallica's Ride the Lightening tour.

8. I would return to the 90s and have "relations" with a few girls I passed on because I chose not to "cheat" on an EX girlfriend. :mhcky21: Now I'm married and they are both married!!! :dflynn:

On a somber and seriouts note...

I would go back to the early morning of 9/11/01 and make security threats to the individual airports from where the soon-to-be hijacked planes were to depart, thereby prompting all flights at these airports to be grounded.

I would persuade Bo Diaz to pay someone to help him install his satellite dish.

I would persuade Tim Crews, Steve Olin, and Bob Ojeda to take their wives out to a nice restaurant instead of ditching them and getting drunk in the dark on a fishing boat.

Turn Off Ads?