Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rudi Johnson sets Bengals all-time single season rushing record...

Rudi Johnson sets Bengals all-time single season rushing record...

...today in Philadelphia. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy! The record was formerly held by a guy who was/is not so nice.

Maybe the name "Leon" will be completely erased from the Bengals record book some day!

(Nah, no hard feelings here! )

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rudi Johnson sets Bengals all-time single season rushing record...

If Brown doesn't resign him, I'm going to be... not very happy. I don't think Perry's run the ball once all season.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Z, you must not have paid much attention this season. Perry has 1 rushing yard in '04.

Code:
    RUSHING
    Year	Team	G	GS	Att	Yards	Avg	Lg	TD	20+	FD
    2004	Cin 	2	0	2	1	0.5	1	0	0	0
    TOTAL		2	0	2	1	0.5	1	0	0	0
    RECEIVING
    Year	Team	G	GS	No	Yards	Avg	Lg	TD	20+	40+	FD
    2004	Cin 	2	0	3	33	11.0	13	0	0	0	2
    TOTAL		2	0	3	33	11.0	13	0	0	0	2

And 2 attempts, nonetheless! Wow! Where have I been?

RB of the Future, ladies and gentlemen.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I love Rudi Johnson (he's a great guy and a good RB) but running back is one of the positions in the NFL that is among the easier to replace. No one thought much about Rudi till Dillon went down. Now, Rudi's a 'premier' back.

Put your resources into building a dominat 'O' line and most backs will look pretty good.

Rem

They've got the makings of one of the better left sides of O line in the AFC in Levi Jones and Eric Steinbach. I'd like to see a stud right Gaurd drafted, or maybe a Center. Willie's getting a little long in the tooth as well. If they do some things to shore it up, it won't matter who's lugging the rock.

But I still want Rudi back. I love the guy.

He's a perfect Marvin Lewis player.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    I don't think Perry's run the ball once all season.
    You do realize that Perry's mysterious 'abdominal strain' was FINALLY diagnosed as a sports hernia, right?

He should never have been practicing, much less been listed as probable on injury reports. It's not his fault the Bengals doctors kept telling the coaches to run him out their when he should have been undergoing surgery.

Combined with the incredible screwups they made diagnosing P-Dub, they rival Doc Hollywood for worst medical staff in pro sports.
    Last edited by Steve4192; 01-02-2005 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    Willie's getting a little long in the tooth as well.
    Willie is still in his twenties, and stud OT's tend to play well deep into their 30s. With him and long-term project Stacy Andrews, the Bengals should be just fine at RT for a long-time.

Quote Originally Posted by remdog
    I love Rudi Johnson (he's a great guy and a good RB) but running back is one of the positions in the NFL that is among the easier to replace. No one thought much about Rudi till Dillon went down. Now, Rudi's a 'premier' back.

Put your resources into building a dominat 'O' line and most backs will look pretty good.

Rem
    If the Bengals lose Rudi and get nothing in return, im not going to be very happy. I am willing to give Marvin a chance on Chris Perry, but I think we are going to regret not taking Steven Jackson or Kevin Jones.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by remdog

Rem
    As a non-Bengals fan I have to agree with you. I haven't heard much about him being a nice guy but he is replaceable. He had a good season but if he commands a lot of money the Bengals may want to look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192
    You do realize that Perry's mysterious 'abdominal strain' was FINALLY diagnosed as a sports hernia, right?

He should never have been practicing, much less been listed as probable on injury reports. It's not his fault the Bengals doctors kept telling the coaches to run him out their when he should have been undergoing surgery.

Combined with the incredible screwups they made diagnosing P-Dub, they rival Doc Hollywood for worst medical staff in pro sports.
    No, I didn't know that. Thanks for the intel.
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...501030366/1066

But re-signing Rudi Johnson, the productive and popular running back, would reduce that stigma. The vibe around Paul Brown Stadium late last week significantly shifted toward the likelihood of bringing Johnson back.
    This looks more positive than I've seen in weeks for Rudi coming back.

I have mixed feelings about paying and keeping Rudi. The NFL has historically been a league where the best running backs are often on losing teams, from the days of OJ and the pitiful Bills to Billy Sims and Barry Sanders playing on all those losers in Detroit, to Corey Dillon, just to name a few. The thing is, the Bengals offense is not one dimensional, but they do need a workhorse for Bratkowski's scheme, it seems.

To me, it all comes down to can they afford him with the goal being building a Super Bowl team. If paying him hinders that goal, you have to let him walk and trust your coaches ability to recognize Chris Perry as the successor. So far, Marvin's high round draft picks are playing pretty well (see Palmer, Steinbach, Williams, Ratliff, Landon Johnson, Washington), so I'd say either way the Bengals will have a good running back next season.

I'd be more upset if they signed Rudi and let TJ walk, personally. TJ has made it much clearer than Rudi that he wants to be a Bengal, and I like the way he makes plays. Guys like him turn crappy throws by the QB into TDs and he makes defenders miss (instead of looking for a place to fall like that other wideout does).
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I definitely wouldn't let TJ walk. Could you imagine the offense without Housh or Warrick (who knows if he'll play again)?

Besides, TJ and Chad've got chemistry. :mhcky21:
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192
    Willie is still in his twenties, and stud OT's tend to play well deep into their 30s. With him and long-term project Stacy Andrews, the Bengals should be just fine at RT for a long-time.
    Good point about Andrews. That guy is an absolute hoss, who really didn't play much football before he was drafted.

He's got plenty of time to learn under Willie, it's true, but I'm a little worried about that knee. I hope playing out the season on that injury didn't do anything to increase the damage.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

I think Warrick will go, along with Tony Williams, or John Thornton.

I can imagine there is a way to work Rudi in, as well as signing another FA, along with TJ.

They'll have to do some serious capology, but under Lewis, they've been able to fit needed and productive players in.

This offseason should be no different.

Smart man, that Marvin Lewis.

Turn Off Ads?