Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Orange Bowl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Orange Bowl

Who wins tonights BCS Championship game??

I say USC by 9 points, 33-24.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Re: Orange Bowl

USC wins by 10.

Another pet peeve: when all these national college football analysts say with complete definitivenes (is that a word) that these are the two best teams in the country and basically implying that Auburn has nothing to complain about. Seriously, I had to turn the TV off, I couldn't watch the coverage any longer. No one knows THAT MUCH about football that the can offer anything more than an opinon by watching these teams play completely different schedules all year long. No one knows for sure and Auburn deerves a shot at the title.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

USC by 3. Oklahoma will keep it close since Reggie Bush will be in one certain position tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    USC wins by 10.

Another pet peeve: when all these national college football analysts say with complete definitivenes (is that a word) that these are the two best teams in the country and basically implying that Auburn has nothing to complain about. Seriously, I had to turn the TV off, I couldn't watch the coverage any longer. No one knows THAT MUCH about football that the can offer anything more than an opinon by watching these teams play completely different schedules all year long. No one knows for sure and Auburn deerves a shot at the title.
    Just like USC last year and Oregon the year before.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Just like USC last year and Oregon the year before.
    And who were the beneficiaries each time? Oklahoma, Oklahoma and Nebraska. Big 12, Big 12, Big 12.

I hate the Big 12.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    And who were the beneficiaries each time? Oklahoma, Oklahoma and Nebraska. Big 12, Big 12, Big 12.

I hate the Big 12.
    Not to nitpick Puffster, but the first beneficiary wasn't Oklahoma, it was FSU.

Remember, FSU and Miami both had one loss. OU was undefeated. Miami got hosed because they had beaten FSU, but Miami lost late, so they couldn't get higher than No. 3.

Worked as nice motivation for Miami to come out and run the table the next year.

Same with USC. They got hosed last year, so they came out and stomped everyone this season.

Auburn should take note.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    Not to nitpick Puffster, but the first beneficiary wasn't Oklahoma, it was FSU.

Remember, FSU and Miami both had one loss. OU was undefeated. Miami got hosed because they had beaten FSU, but Miami lost late, so they couldn't get higher than No. 3.

Worked as nice motivation for Miami to come out and run the table the next year.

Same with USC. They got hosed last year, so they came out and stomped everyone this season.

Auburn should take note.
    Yeah, you're right - but WVRed was talking about Oregon (Nebraska got the bid over them), USC (Oklahoma got the bid over them) and Auburn (Oklahoma got the bid over them).

I was just responding to WVRed, but I remember the Miami-Florida St thing.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

For a Level Playing Field

USC big. Too bad the game loses credibility as a "National Championship" w/ me since an SEC team finished 13-0. And I am not an SEC fan.

I do not like USC or Okla.. My distaste for Oklahoma is greater though. Blame it on Barry Switzer, Brian Bosworth and all the other thugs that program used to have. USC... mainly do not like them b/c of the old 70's/80's days when it was Big Ten vs. Pac Ten in the Rose Bowl. But that was longer ago than the Oklahoma thug thing.

WAR EAGLE!! :dflynn:

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    USC wins by 10.

Another pet peeve: when all these national college football analysts say with complete definitivenes (is that a word) that these are the two best teams in the country and basically implying that Auburn has nothing to complain about.
    Consider the source(s). ESPN and ABC TV and radio and web sites are mainly the ones pimping this as the national championship game. Who are carrying the BCS games? ABC and ESPN. Do you think they would even care about any game that took away from their show? It'll be interesting to see what happens if a similar situation happens in the future. Fox will have the rights for the next few years so ABC and ESPN won't have a dog in this fight any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Notre Dame wins by 28, at least. :
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Notre Dame wins by 28, at least. :

A man after my heart.

Oklahoma romps 42-17, but Auburn is still the best team

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Ditka 345, OU 12

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    Ditka 345, OU 12

You look to be the closest. Only if you change Ditka to USC.

I'm cheering for USC, but really only because I'll win $50 in my friend's bowl pool if they win. But even if there was no money on the line I'd pick USC in a rout, I think they're that much better than Oklahoma. I'd have rather seen a USC/Auburn matchup.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I'll go with Oklahoma, which is an against-the-grain pick here in Texas, too. I just think they're due to come up big and the underdog often overachieves in these BCS Finales.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?