Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Orange Bowl

Re: Orange Bowl

touchdown. 45-10?????

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'll ask again, why is Norm Chow not a head coach?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    Ditka 345, OU 12

You look to be the closest. Only if you change Ditka to USC.

I can't believe Norm Chow isn't a head coach either. With all the coaching openings this year you would think someone would look at him. I think maybe he interviewed with Stanford but that is it.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I can see now why she lip synchs.

She's very fortunate she's the sister of a very good singer who is very well endowed. If she were an only child the only place she'd be singing would be in the shower and maybe at church.
    Come on now Chip, would you really want to do that to some poor unsuspecting Congregation on a Sunday Morning

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    I'll ask again, why is Norm Chow not a head coach?
    I'd hire him. Of course he may be waiting for just the right job. I don't think he's going to accept just any job. Okie St. is looking for a new coach but if you were Chow, would you want to go there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

LOL

Checked Google News, the story's already been posted

Ashlee Simpson Booed at FedEx Orange Bowl
    by Landon Howell Bio Email
    Owner & Editor - juiceenewsdaily.com

They say that an elephant
    never forgets. And apparently,
    neither does the American
    public.

Ashlee Simpson was booed
    at the conclusion of her
    performance during the
    halftime show at the FedEx
    Orange Bowl between the
    Oklahoma Sooners and the
    USC Trojans Tuesday night.
    Simpson was the last artist to
    appear in what

Ironically, Simpson chose not to use a background track (tipically used by artists in large-scale, live events). However, choosing to sing live didn't work out for Ashlee in the end. A very obvious chorus of boos could be heard throughout the Orange Bowl in Miami as the fireworks erupted, and Simpson's song came to an end Tuesday night.

Simpson's vocals were the talk of the town after her 'Milli-Vanilli' antics were exposed on Saturday Night Live in the Fall of 2004. Simson first blamed the incident on her band, only to later use acid reflux as the culprit.

I'd hire him. Of course he may be waiting for just the right job. I don't think he's going to accept just any job. Okie St. is looking for a new coach but if you were Chow, would you want to go there?
    That's the thing, he hasn't even been considered for many jobs. He was offered the Kentucky job last year, but can you blame him for not taking that one. They've got real problems there.

He was interviewed for the Utah job 2 years ago when they hired Urban Meyer. He wasn't offered the job (and he is a Utah alum with major ties ot local recruiting). He considered for Arizona when Mike Stoops was hired. And now Walt Harris was chosen over him at Stanford. That one baffles me. There was talk at Pitt this year that Harris might bet fired until the team turned itself around this year.

With all the openings, I can't believe he was only considered for Stanford. I've read interviews with him an he seems to want to be a head coach.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

He turned down the Kentucky job two years ago, not quite sure why.

He was also in the running at Arizona, but they hired Mike Stoops.

I hear it was very close, however.

I've also heard that he's a horrible interviewer. That was one of the things murmuring around when he was interviewing for the Stanford job. Very underwhelming, which would be quite the opposite of his offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    I've also heard that he's a horrible interviewer.
    I've heard he same and also that he's a bad people person. Administrators and boosters don't like the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    That's the thing, he hasn't even been considered for many jobs. He was offered the Kentucky job last year, but can you blame him for not taking that one. They've got real problems there.

He was interviewed for the Utah job 2 years ago when they hired Urban Meyer. He wasn't offered the job (and he is a Utah alum with major ties ot local recruiting). He considered for Arizona when Mike Stoops was hired. And now Walt Harris was chosen over him at Stanford. That one baffles me. There was talk at Pitt this year that Harris might bet fired until the team turned itself around this year.

With all the openings, I can't believe he was only considered for Stanford. I've read interviews with him an he seems to want to be a head coach.
    looks like we had some of the same type of thinking MWM, and posted seconds apart.

to defend Harris. They've been threatening to fire him for years. Something about a major tift with the adminstration about interviewing for another job just months after signing a new deal (Hello Bobby Petrino) and they never forgave him for that. He's also a bit aloof, professor type of guy. Pitt's a blue collar town. He never fit in. He'll do well at Stanford.

Remember when it was 7-0 Oklahoma?

This is the most dominant bowl performance I have ever seen.

Norm Chow is without a doubt the best OC in college football.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Maybe even the history of college football. He, as much as anyone else, is responsible for passing becoming the mainstream in college these days.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    This is the most dominant bowl performance I have ever seen.

And the USC defense ain't doing that bad either.

Turn Off Ads?