Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Orange Bowl

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: Orange Bowl

Question: Do the 49ers beat SC? Does Cleveland?

After watching tonight's game, I'm thinking it'll be darn close.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Did you see the graphic they showed a few minutes ago?

Chow has coached I think 6 or 7 quarterbacks drafted in the first round and two heismans.

Carson Palmer
    Matt Leinart
    Phillip Rivers
    Ty Detmer
    Steve Young
    Jim McMahon

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Did you see the graphic they showed a few minutes ago?

Chow has coached I think 6 or 7 quarterbacks drafted in the first round and two heismans.

Carson Palmer
    Matt Leinart
    Phillip Rivers
    Ty Detmer
    Steve Young
    Jim McMahon
    Bobbie Bosco (i thinkk that was his name) was also a first round draft pick and was the QB for the 1984 BYU team. He was drafted by Green Bay and got a serious shoulder injury that ended his career before it started. Chow even said once that he thought Bosco might have been the best of all of them.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

As I've said all year (and last year) the Big 12 is so overrated. Oklahoma scores major points for beating teams in the big 12 in all the computer rankings because of this overrating and it ended up screwing Auburn.

And you can bet that next year the Big 12 will be overrated again. I loathe the Big 12.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

I agree completely Puffy. i've been saying the same thing about the Big 12 all year.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Oh, and Jason White is a sixth year senior, yet he still wears that big ole wristband with all the plays on it. What the hell has he been doing these past six years?? How can he not know the plays? Stoops has been there for 5 of those years and Chuck long for at least 3, so its not like he has been going thru different system after different system.

Hey Jason, learn the freakin plays!!!!
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Oh, and Jason White is a sixth year senior, yet he still wears that big ole wristband with all the plays on it. What the hell has he been doing these past six years?? How can he not know the plays? Stoops has been there for 5 of those years and Chuck long for at least, so its not like he has been going thru different system after different system.

Hey Jason, learn the freakin plays!!!!

It's not all the plays, Puffitude. It's the game plan for that game. It changes every week.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

The scary thing is USC is supposed to be better next year

Bobby Petrino has put up some pretty nice numbers as OC, and now HC. And Chow should receive bonus points for turning down a football job at UK. I'd hire him just for that in fact. But yeah, I've heard personality isn't exactly his strong suit, and with the way programs are run now, that can be big to university presidents and the like. But he deserves it obviously.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    It's not all the plays, Puffitude. It's the game plan for that game. It changes every week.
    Yeah, but its funnier the other way.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Yeah, but its funnier the other way.

Good point.

I stand corrected.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedsFan
    Bobby Petrino has put up some pretty nice numbers as OC, and now HC. And Chow should receive bonus points for turning down a football job at UK. I'd hire him just for that in fact. But yeah, I've heard personality isn't exactly his strong suit, and with the way programs are run now, that can be big to university presidents and the like. But he deserves it obviously.
    I've heard the same thing, but I've got two words for you: Steve Spurrier.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    I've heard the same thing, but I've got two words for you: Steve Spurrier.
    Oh, I agree. Petrino at my alma mater is a clutz in person. So who knows what the holdup is?
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Another interception thrown by Jason White.

Jason White does not impress me at all. I think he beat up on weak competition and was average or worse versus good competition. But he has a Heisman, and gaudy numbers.

So, where does he get drafted this spring? Its tough to call before the combines and workouts, but I think he is no better than a third rounder, maybe even a second dayer.

Thoughts?
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?