Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Orange Bowl

For a Level Playing Field

Re: Orange Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Remember the quotes made earlier in the week by Oklahoma's Larry Birdine? You would have thought he would admit he wrong. Instead, he decides to make a bigger fool of himself.

Larry Birdine: "I still don't regret what I said. Deep down inside, I still feel we're the better team. We just didn't show up today."
    Hard to believe he could be so dumb (before & after the game)! Especially with the strict academic requirements at a major Division I college football program!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

If those two teams played 100 games, USC would win 95 of them. That's how much better they are than Oklahoma.

One of the things I keep hearing from the "analysts" is that the loss was all about "the fumble" when Bradley tried to field the punt and fumbled. I'm not buying it. At that point, it was 7-7 and the Oklahoma defense had just stopped the USC offense. The fumble made it a one TD game and it was still the first quarter. It wouldn't have mattered much if that play wouldn't have happened (is Bradley any relation to Chris Weber?). USC was going to win that game no matter what. They were just a superior team with superior coaches.

While I believe Bob Stoops is a very good coach, just how good he is is often exagerated, IMO. Two years running, he had over a month to prepare for a National Title game and both times his teams were out coached and out-played badly. Give Norm Chow a month to prepare for a team and you get 55 points.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Ashlee Simpson put on an awesome half time performance. "You make me wanna UH UH UH UH, You make me wanna AH AH AH AH, You make me wanna ScReAm!" Very talented young lady, not a marketing device at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley
    Ashlee Simpson put on an awesome half time performance. "You make me wanna UH UH UH UH, You make me wanna AH AH AH AH, You make me wanna ScReAm!" Very talented young lady, not a marketing device at all.
    Not to mention how well she was received by the crowd :MandJ:
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?