Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Orange Bowl

Re: Orange Bowl

INTERCEPTION. I hope you all are enjoying this. I am!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Another interception. USC is about to blow this game open.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

USC is about the blow the doors off this thing. Wow

Nice to see Matt Leinart is inheriting what Carson Palmer built.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I predicted USC would win by 10, but I suspected it would be more. I was being conservative.

But what I'm watching here tonight is what I was afraid of. What I'm watching is one team that's just MUCH MUCH better than the other. It's not even that close. USC is just a lot better than Oklahoma.

Oklahoma is a team that feasted on bad competition in a bad conference all year and was underwhelming when they played even subpar teams like Oklahoma State. This game should be USC-Auburn. I'm glad because it will make all those guys on ESPN who said with compete certainty that these were the two best teams in the country look silly - especially Lee Corso's obsession with saying this is the most talent ever assembled in one game in college football history.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

This just in - Norm Chow is an offensive genius. I have no idea why he's not a head coach somewhere. Stanford chose Walt Harris over Norm Chow???????
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    Congratulations to the Auburn Tigers, named CbusRed's 2005 champions of college football!
    Really can't argue with you. Look at it like this: At the beginning of the season, the ACC was supposed to be the best conference in college football. Va Tech, FSU, Miami, NC St. all were supposed to be very good. Miami was either #1 or close to #1 in a few polls. If the ACC wasn't the #1 conference then it was the SEC. Georgia was supposed to be the class of that conference this year. LSU was the defending national champs and while they weren't the team they were last year, they were still a pretty tough team. Auburn only beat them by 1 on a missed extra point. There was Tennessee who was a fine football team as well. Yet Auburn managed to go through that conference undefeated and win the SEC championship game. So they went undefeated in the SEC and beat the ACC champ. Those are pretty strong credentials if you ask me. Not taking anything away from USC or OU because both had tough games in conference and OU just dominated Texas. Hindsight is always 20/20 but looking at this game tonight, perhaps OU should have gone to the Sugar Bowl and Auburn to the Orange Bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

For a Level Playing Field

BAM! 35-10, USC. Great 35-yard TD catch by Smith. Talk about pass interference... the DB was draped all over him just before the ball arrived. Still caught it though.

Oklahoma... another loss int he big one? Unless there is a comeback of historical proportions. WAR EAGLE!

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Really can't argue with you.
    Well, now im starting to reconsider... I still think Auburn deserved to play in the rose bowl before OU, but man, USC is making plays, OU is playing good defense, but USC just has world class athletes. These plays would score over ANY defense.

I guess I will wait til this game is over to crown my national champion.

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Plus, Auburn was penalized in the end for not having a High pre-season ranking.... What a joke. Polls should not come out until after week 8.

They just interviewed Tuberville, and he more or less spoke most of Americas mind when he said that Auburn should face the winner of this game to decide a national champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Wonder how scared Ashlee Simpleton is right now, actually having to sing.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Frightened to death. Heck, Clarkson's mic didn't work for a while too. Ashlee must be shaking in her faux boots.

Thes half-time shows are atrocious.

I love how they mix every type of music together.

a pizza, a hamburger, a milkshake are great foods on their own.

Sorry kids, but you put a pizza, a hamburger, a milkshake together in a blender, you get a blender full of unedible crap.

Turn Off Ads?