Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Orange Bowl

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: Orange Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    I would just like to express my gratitude to ABC and the BCS for this "game" between the "Best 2 teams in the nation".

I couldnt think of a better thing to waste 4 hours of my life on...
    Your more than welcome to switch over and watch HGTV

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    I would just like to express my gratitude to ABC and the BCS for this "game" between the "Best 2 teams in the nation".
    So true. it's been making me queezy I've heard that so much.

How must Auburn feel today? I don't think they could have beaten USC, but they could have given them a game. What they accomplished this year in the SEC was impressive. They should have been playing tonight.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    Your more than welcome to switch over and watch HGTV
    Thats the best idea I've heard all night!

Damn it. It should of been Utah vs USC.

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    So true. it's been making me queezy I've heard that so much.

How must Auburn feel today? I don't think they could have beaten USC, but they could have given them a game. What they accomplished this year in the SEC was impressive. They should have been playing tonight.
    You know, as much as I would love to say it, I cant say that Auburn would have beaten USC tonight. They played perfect. The plays they made would eat up any defense. But I still think Auburn rightfully deserved a shot rather than OU. Scary to think what they would have done WITH Mike Williams

Congrats USC, I consider you the true national champions after your performance tonight.

It's hilarious listening to Craig James and the other two ABC "analysts" right now talking about their comments and predictions before the game. I think they all thought the Sooners were going to win. Before the game, James was talking about how Oklahoma looked like themore confident team and were more fired up and that USC looked lackadaisical. Even a lot of the ESPN guys licked Oklahoma. Goes to show you that these guys aren't any better at predicting what will happen than any of us here.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    Usc 43 - 24.

Damn, I knew I was being too "conservative"

But, it looks like I was the closest.

Thus concludes possible the most boring bowl season I can remember.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I thought the Iowa and Texas games were great.

Sad, Stoops can't seem to get his team ready to play a big game and Auburn gets the shaft, don't tell me USC got the shaft last year so it's fair, no USC got a share last year Auburn gets jack
    Go Gators!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Good thing I don't gamble, since I picked Oklahoma here. USC looked unbeatable last night.

I said at the Alamo Bowl that I would have liked to see how Ohio State would have fared against Oklahoma. I think this showing confirms my belief that Tressel would have out-prepared Stoops.
    /r/reds

I was surprised to see Oklahoma get demolished the way they did. USC played an incredible game, but Oklahoma just completely fell apart after Bradley's fumble inside the 10 on the punt. Then Jason White threw a lob pass into quadruple coverage. Just a poor game by them overall.

The way USC was rolling, I don't think Auburn would have stood much a chance, but alas, we will never find out now.

I'm guessing Leinert bolts to the NFL, since his stock will never be as high. Which (unless I am forgetting someone-which it feels like I am) means that most of the top Heisman candidates will be either sophomores or juniors; Reggie Bush, Adrian Peterson, Vince Young, Mike Hart, Ted Ginn, and Chris Leak. I can't think of any real impact seniors next year, other than maybe Frank Gore.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Thus concludes possible the most boring bowl season I can remember.
    Really, I thought a number of the games were very entertaining. However the BCS bowls were a letdown...except for the Rose Bowl.

I would've liked to see Utah play Auburn.

Oklahoma certainly made the case to never be invited to a NC game again. Two straight years of screwing someone out of the NC game, two straight years of getting their doors blowed. Maybe they'll fade into the sunset like the Nebraska program after their last NC game debacle.

On a different note, could someone please tell CF band directors that they don't need to play the fight song on a three yard gain, or on a two yard loss? Geez, hearing those cruddy songs played incessantly throughout the game reaches the point of :dflynn:
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Congrats to USC. Now I know why I don't make a living predicting games.

Turn Off Ads?