Turn Off Ads?

Thread: New Years Resolutions -- 2005 edition

New Years Resolutions -- 2005 edition

All right, I don't usually make a big deal about resolutions, but this year I have several, so I'm posting them here.

NEW JOB -- This is perhaps the most important one.

Diet--add more fresh, healthy veggies to our diet
    Exercise--keep up and expand upon the routine I started late last year.

Budget--I need to build up my cash savings, which has been pretty much depleted for the past three years.

Read more
    Write more
    Listen to music more often

Get out more-festivals, concerts, markets, maybe join some new groups that meet regularly

Go broadband--

Ok, that's my list, what's yours?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: New Years Resolutions -- 2005 edition

Be a better boyfriend to the woman I love.

Travel more - work less - I vow to not have unused vacation time at New Year's next year, which I've ended up doing the last three years

Finish up work on my house.

Less time on the computer, more time with a book in my hand

Sandy had some good other ideas as well.

Work..the obvious one

Do more that scares me instead of blowing it off and sitting on this computer for hours on end.

Stop thinking so much
    Go Gators!

Move to a new apartment.

Get my finances in better shape (which should be helped by moving). At the same time, start saving for trip to Australia.

Continue trying to be healthier overall. It's been a bumpy road the last couple months, but I think I can get back on track soon.

Do a better job of keeping in touch with friends I don't see very often.

To find a better job (one which doesn't have me working 16.5 hours every Monday and would allow me more time to spend with my girlfriend)

And to quit smoking (I haven't had a cigarette in 5 days now, so I'm doing good)
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I too usually don't go for New Year's resolutions, but this year it was as good a time as any to try to make some changes :

- get to bed earlier in general
    - up earlier in general on workdays so I am not rushed
    - leave work by 5:30 PM every day unless absolutely necessary to stay
    - cut out casual beers during work week. I think TC has a similar policy IIRC. Exceptions always granted, of course!
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?