Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Carroll, Chow, Leinart San Francisco bound?

Carroll, Chow, Leinart San Francisco bound?

They raise the speculation on Sporting News radio this afternoon.
    Last edited by RBA; 01-05-2005 at 10:31 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Carroll, Chow, Leinart San Francisco bound?

It would be a mistake of colossal proportions for Carrol to leave the college game for the pros. He's got the perfect situation right now. Don' screw with it. There's a reason there's been a big influx of former pro coaches going into college. And I also read somewhere that Chow said he's ready to move on to something else, but he needs to have another job lined up first.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

More info, they were saying Carroll for GM, Chow for Head Coach, and San Fran does need a QB.

Interesting speculation----but if I were Carroll, I'd ride the wave at USC for as long as I could.

Chow has indicated that he'd like to be a head coach for once, but he didn't say anything about the Pro's as far as I know.

Guess I'll be seeing Terry Donahue more often now at the Coco's in Newport Beach!

Rem

For a Level Playing Field

Butch Davis & Steve Spurrier say to Norm & Pete, "Just DON'T do it!"

I hear John Cooper is still looking for employment...

I was just reading an article about Carroll. He says he received a contract extension yesterday and has no interest in the 49ers job. He also said Chow will most likely stay at USC.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 01-06-2005 at 03:55 PM.

Why Leinart would even want to stay at USC is beyond me. With the performance he put on at the Orange Bowl, he would have to be a lock for the no 1 pick. I also found it amusing that the 49ers would even show interest in Carroll after they flopped on Ericson. A twice flopped head coach in the NFL, Pete needs to stay where hes at in the college ranks.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    A twice flopped head coach in the NFL, Pete needs to stay where hes at in the college ranks.
    I can't remember much about Carrolls' time in NFL, but I do remember that it was often looked at as a failure. Interesting, I looked at his record and he was 33-31 in 4 years with a 1-2 record in two playoff appearences. Must have been some high expectations or was there something else going on I can't remember?
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    I can't remember much about Carrolls' time in NFL, but I do remember that it was often looked at as a failure. Interesting, I looked at his record and he was 33-31 in 4 years with a 1-2 record in two playoff appearences. Must have been some high expectations or was there something else going on I can't remember?
    The team he inherited had just been to the Super Bowl and was considered to be a favorite in the AFC in each year he coached. His teams were generally thought to have underachieved. Then as soon as he was replaced, the team returned to the Super Bowl.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

did he come in between Parcells & Belechik in NE?
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    did he come in between Parcells & Belechik in NE?
    yes
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Chow would be a nice hire by the 49ers, they will need a good GM though
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?