Turn Off Ads?

Thread: IPod

IPod

I've been thinking about buying an IPod for some time, and was wondering where would be a good place to find one remotely cheap at. Im not looking at the marketing gimmicks by AOL either.

I've checked Apple.com and EBay(which is more or less spam), and I was wondering if there is anywhere else I should look that I havent.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: IPod

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    I've been thinking about buying an IPod for some time, and was wondering where would be a good place to find one remotely cheap at. Im not looking at the marketing gimmicks by AOL either.

I've checked Apple.com and EBay(which is more or less spam), and I was wondering if there is anywhere else I should look that I havent.

Thanks.
    Maybe Amazon.com...at least to compare prices.

You should consider a Dell Jukebox. They're cheaper and have the same functionality.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

www.bizrate.com

It's an aggregator for pricing of all kinds of commodities.

Do a search for iPod, you'll come up with some better choices than the traditional big box stores.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

And although I am totally bias for the iPod, I absolutely love mine, I bought it over a year ago when there was really no competition for it out there.

Now there is plenty, so taking some time and stopping by an electronics store to see what is out there isn't a bad idea.

Heh, go to the store to check out all the features, then go home and buy it for cheaper online.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Nobody does user interface better than Apple.

The Apple Store currently has refurb iPods on sale. These will go fast.
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...RvnIsCzuFYCKww
    /r/reds

I think you are going to end up paying roughly the same anywhere you look for an iPOD, unless you go ebay (which I would be wary of, I'm just not trusting enough to make a big purchase like that on ebay). The refurbished idea at the Apple store is a good idea, too.

I got mine at Best Buy about a year ago, but that's only because I live about 10 minutes down the street from a Best Buy in Delaware, where they have no state tax.

you can also try www.pricegrabber.com. It's pretty much the same thing as bizrate, but they may have some different locations listed.

I got my 2nd generation iPod at Best Buy on one of those no interest for X number of months (6 for me I think.) Anyway, I got one for my girlfriend a few months ago and shopped around for new ones and essentially the price for all the models were similar at all stores. I just dont think it's something you can get a deal on.

Oh and like jmcclain, I am totally biased, but I love mine. Havent had any problems with it and in a few months it will be 2 years of ownership for my 20 gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

I just got the U2 edtion. I don't really like U2 so the $50 thing is kind of worthless. But its black and looks sweet.

STOLEN FROM FATWALLET.COM

This week target has the Sonic Impact MP3 for $99
    however in many areas it is sold out so you can get a rain check then purchase an Ipod for the same percentage off
    (29%) Of course this is YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) but you can call your local target to see if they have the Sonic Impact in stock
    My total for an IPOD mini
    $177.49+tax

If you don't know how target rainchecks work please search these forums for more info
    Basicly target allows you to buy any similiar item for the same percentage off if the item on sale is not in stock
    but it has to be in the same department (TV for TV, Video for Video, or MP3Player for Mp3 player)

Below is the
    target ITEM
    That you hope is not!!! in stock
    Last edited by RBA; 01-06-2005 at 09:46 PM.

If you don't want to go that route, and are willing to jump through the hoops, you can get a free IPOD...
    http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10139089

The trick is register through a referer, complete a plan, then get 5 others to register through your referal, and complete an offer. I helped a guy get one... He let's me listen to it sometimes. I signed up for Blockbuster online.. Was going to do that anyway, so no big deal.

It's a pain, but it's one way to save money, if you've got 5 guys willing to help out.

Turn Off Ads?