Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Ladies and gentleman, your Democratic congressmen and women

Re: Ladies and gentleman, your Democratic congressmen and women

So............... did anyone read the report?

Or are we too busy prejudging it?

http://www.pdamerica.org/field/final...s%20report.pdf

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    because i voted, and when i went to Cincinnati to pick up Lady Raven, and take her to vote, there were so many violations being committed by the people running it wasn't funny. Democratic ones at mine, Republicans at her. i'd rather it mostly be ran by Libertarians, AIM(?), and i can't think of what the other group of "crazies" is called at the moment.

at the very least, i want anything that stops this poll tampering crap, and people like Moore to not to exist in the form of polling cameras.

the thought of letting independents or progressives run the polls is amusing to me. independent is code for Republican, and progressive is code for Democrat.

i would say let it be ran by half of each, but they'd probably kill each other in some places.
    "Violations" such as?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

in ohio, you can not so much as have a sign up with a candidates name with 100 yards of a poll station. not only were there signs plastered everywhere, but there were people handing out flyers on why i should vote for this or against that, and why this candidate is good and the other bad. there was even one chick at Lady Raven's place who offered a couple guys oral sex in exchange for votes.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

in ohio, you can not so much as have a sign up with a candidates name with 100 yards of a poll station. not only were there signs plastered everywhere, but there were people handing out flyers on why i should vote for this or against that, and why this candidate is good and the other bad. there was even one chick at Lady Raven's place who offered a couple guys oral sex in exchange for votes.
    And to think I vote at a church. I never catch a break.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

her and i both voted at a church.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

I always found it curious why people would want to speak with voters approaching polling places. Everything else be equal, I would tend to vote against the person/issue the guy was promoting just for stopping me and assuming he could change my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    I always found it curious why people would want to speak with voters approaching polling places. Everything else be equal, I would tend to vote against the person/issue the guy was promoting just for stopping me and assuming he could change my opinion.
    I think it's probably a valid strategy for lesser races that people might not know as much about. But I think it's probably pointless for high profile contests.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

When I was going to the poll in November there was a guy in the parking lot who just kind of shouted over to me... "Vote for Prop 200".

And I'm wondering how many people actually were voting for the Proposition becase this stranger yelled at them.

her and i both voted at a church.
    That must be some church.

I despise electioneering. I feel the polling places should be free of that kind of stuff. But it's not real enforceable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?