Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Ladies and gentleman, your Democratic congressmen and women

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Re: Ladies and gentleman, your Democratic congressmen and women

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Simple to you involves standing in line for two hours?
    If you are passionate about the election and the candidate you vote for, then how long you wait in line shouldnt matter. Of course, since your candidate lost, You naturally feel that your time was wasted. To use this as a "reason" that the election was unfair is ludicrous. I highly doubt that waiting 2 hours in line is enough to change someone's mind to vote for Bush.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Simple to you involves standing in line for two hours?
    If I stood in line for 2 hours I would wonder why some folks could mail theirs in in some states, or get it done in a half an hour on the other side of the same county I was voting in.

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    Im not against election day being simple. It seems very simple to me right now. You go in, you press the little blinking red button next to the one you want to vote for, when all the blinking lights are done blinking, you press the BIG green button that says "VOTE". How hard is that? Im certainly no scholar, yes I have a college degree, but Im no genius.

But It seems to be a little hard for ghetto Julie who is voting for Kerry "because he likes black people." It takes her 7 minutes to vote. (BTW she was white so dont try to throw the race card)
    Obviously this post is dripping with contempt for any number of groups of people, but what makes this any worse of a reason for voting for a candidate than the millions who voted for Bush because they felt that "God was in the White House"?

Or we could fix the problems for the next election.

For being the party of values you lot are a condescending bunch.
    It's really gotten to the point where it's not even worth trying to have a meaningful discussion about anything political with right wingers. You are better off slamming your head against a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421
    It's really gotten to the point where it's not even worth trying to have a meaningful discussion about anything political with right wingers. You are better off slamming your head against a wall.
    Your exactly right. I wish democratic higher political office holders would adhere to your philosophy. Us right wingers are tired of slamming your heads against walls, do it yourselves.

Welcome to the boards by the way!

I have to ask, why are you against election day being easy and simple and structured in a way in which it encourages the maximum number of people to vote? Are some people not as worthy of the vote in your eyes?
    The short answer for a lot of folks is "yes"?

And I think we all know who "some people" are.

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    Your exactly right. I wish democratic higher political office holders would adhere to your philosophy. Us right wingers are tired of slamming your heads against walls, do it yourselves.

Welcome to the boards by the way!
    Thanks for your kind words. I think. Is it necessary to be condescending in every single post?

The ultimate irony, of course, is that you would be screaming and tearing your hair out if Gore or Kerry had won a tight, contested election, calling bloody murder, fraud, and worse. (See the post above about 1960.) But since the system has favored your guy twice in a row, it is reasonable to me that you don't want to see it changed.

The pendulum will swing the other way soon enough. It would just be nice if we could get beyond short-term self-interest and construct a system that is actually fair. Then our campaigns might result in an actual exchange of ideas and reasoned debate.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I blame the bass player of Good Charlotte.
    My guitar-playing 14 yr. old daughter loves Good Charlotte.

However, she has learned not to play it on the car CD player after I threatened to frisbee it out the open car window after the 37th playing.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo
    The short answer for a lot of folks is "yes"?

And I think we all know who "some people" are.

What this thread need is more emoticons. Too bad "for some" they can't put out an audible grunt, fart, or burp to get their point across. :

Ouch! That one hurt. Put that tongue away before you hurt someone.

Ok, instead of using the obnoxious emoticons, how about this.

WE HATE BUSH!!!!

(wait, I used an emoticon, nevermind)
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Why would third party people be more likely to be better poll workers? Aren't they partisan as well? Is a person that is highly partial to a certain political party more likely to be dishonest?
    because i voted, and when i went to Cincinnati to pick up Lady Raven, and take her to vote, there were so many violations being committed by the people running it wasn't funny. Democratic ones at mine, Republicans at her. i'd rather it mostly be ran by Libertarians, AIM(?), and i can't think of what the other group of "crazies" is called at the moment.

at the very least, i want anything that stops this poll tampering crap, and people like Moore to not to exist in the form of polling cameras.

the thought of letting independents or progressives run the polls is amusing to me. independent is code for Republican, and progressive is code for Democrat.

i would say let it be ran by half of each, but they'd probably kill each other in some places.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

How anyone can still respect Jessie Jackson is totally beyond me. This man, as far as I'm concerned, has no character or integrity.

You don't understand folks. You have to keep counting until they win. Until then, the election was fraudulaunt.

The Democratic Party is gaining the reputation of always being known as "challengers"..... You vote.... They challenge.

The loss of this election hurt far worse then the 2000 one. The Democrats, and their supporting cast such the Hollywood elite, the Micheal Moores, the George Soros', the MoveON.orgs, the Bruce Springsteens and Dixie Chicks, just weren't able to put Humpty Dumpty back together again and correct this huge injustice that they feel was perpetrated on them.

When I think of today's liberals, and their reaction to this current election, I get this image of Vizzini from Princess Bride, in all his pride, knowledge and arrogance, yelling "INCONCEIVABLE!"

I'm laughing so hard at all the intelligencia of the far left now trying to figure out and ponder how in the world they could have lost, and how this could have hapened? It's like Wiley Coyote "super genius" scratching his head over how the ignorant road runner got the best of him once again.

The liberals need answers, and the only one they can seem to come up with is that the election was a fraud. There is no other logical explanation.

Or you can go to RF's thread that basically calls/implies that everyone who voted for Bush, living in those insignificant and backward red states is a facist.

I guess it's not hate speech if he is advocating it.

So for the next 4 years (at least) we're gonna have to endure all times of hyperbole, name calling, and labels, by those "progressives" whose agenda is to "educate" the rest of us neanderthals in the red states. Because it is obvious that we haven't been listening, and these guys are gettting tired of repeating themselves. So pay attention you morons!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    Democrat Party sucks, Republican Party sucks, and America will one day die because of them.
    America, the place bipartisanship goes to die

one Civil War and counting. :gac:

the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Turn Off Ads?