Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ladies and gentleman, your Democratic congressmen and women

For a Level Playing Field

Re: Ladies and gentleman, your Democratic congressmen and women

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Or we could fix the problems for the next election.

For being the party of values you lot are a condescending bunch.
    Why all of a sudden are there a bunch of problems with our election process? And who claims that there are problems? You, Boxer and Conyers (oh... and some lady from Cleveland). Please. I have voted in this state longer than yourself and I have never had a complaint. It works.

Did all of this happen after the 1992 & 1996 elections? How come all of a sudden we have problems? Where in God's name were Sen. Boxer, Rep. Conyers and the lady from Cleveland then? How come they were not complaining about the process then? Do tell.

Some people just cannot accept reality. Reality... that dreaded W guy beat us AGAIN. Here is the real problem that some cannot face... do not let extremists have a big say in your future campaigns. Get away from those people.

I anxiously await answers to my questions in my 2nd paragraph from those here who think we "all of a sudden" have problems. Were you complaining after 1992 & 1996? Do tell. This from someone who stood in the pouring rain for 20 minutes before I got in to vote. No complaining from me. It is my duty to cast a vote. I felt real good about the whole thing. I felt the same way in 1992 and 1996. Perhaps b/c I am not a sore loser or a rabble-rouser (always looks good to have a Boxer & a Conyers leading your effort and further dragging down your whole party).

I though Rep. Conyers was working on Impeachment charges against our President? Gee... just another idle threat from Rep. Conyers. As I stated before.. he is a real doozy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    A re-vote would do nothing if the flawed system is not fixed. This isn't about Bush, it's about getting it right.
    You looking for flawed? You are looking at the wrong election, friend. Try 1960. Google it up. Learn about the mafia and Joe Kennedy's other connections. Pretty good father to buy his son an election. A very important election at that.

This from someone who stood in the pouring rain for 20 minutes before I got in to vote.
    I stood in the pouring rain for about an hour. And spent about another hour inside of the church before being allowed to vote.

It was later revealed that there were quite a few voting machines that didn't get used in Columbus.

Why all of a sudden are there a bunch of problems with our election process?
    There were plenty of people wanting to reform things after 2000. What do you have against simpler, easier voting laws? Shouldn't we be encouraging more people to vote? Why wouldn't you want that?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Why all of a sudden are there a bunch of problems with our election process? And who claims that there are problems?
    there are an entire crapload of problems with the system. some standardization would be nice for a change...so would getting third party people to run voting booths and such, instead of die-hard partisans.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

There were plenty of people wanting to reform things after 2000. What do you have against simpler, easier voting laws? Shouldn't we be encouraging more people to vote? Why wouldn't you want that?
    Would anything be wrong with the voting process if Kerry won?

:dflynn:
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed

yep. and if Gore won too. and when Clinton won, and when Bush won, and when Reagan won.....
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed

Absolutely.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dman
    Wasn't Trafficant a Democrat also?
    In name only... according to Wikipedia :

...he was elected as a Democrat to the Ninety-ninth and to the eight succeeding Congresses (January 3, 1985-July 24, 2002) and was known for his flamboyant and eccentric style. He would frequently end speeches to the House with the phrase, "Beam me up, Mr. Speaker." He was a constant thorn in the side of the Democratic caucus, with his eccentric behavior and his tendency to vote more often with the Republicans than with his own party.
    /r/reds

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Absolutely.
    I dont recall any outrage about the voting system back when Clinton was being elected into office.. Let me guess, There were no problems back then? People are smarter now and can figure out how to tamper with elections?

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    I dont recall any outrage about the voting system back when Clinton was being elected into office.. Let me guess, There were no problems back then? People are smarter now and can figure out how to tamper with elections?
    There was a bit of a difference between those two elections and the last two. Clinton's wins, partially because of a strong third party candidate, were very decisive.

Voting problems are more apt to occur in a close election, wouldn't you agree? Why would anyone bother trying to do anything shady when it's not close?

There was a bit of a difference between those two elections and the last two. Clinton's wins, partially because of a strong third party candidate, were very decisive.

Voting problems are more apt to occur in a close election, wouldn't you agree? Why would anyone bother trying to do anything shady when it's not close?
    But its not about who won the election, or how close it was, its about election reform.

I think this photo sadly sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

If I stood in line to vote for 3 hours I'd ponder why, especially if it was the first time it's ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    If I stood in line to vote for 3 hours I'd ponder why, especially if it was the first time it's ever happened.
    Well I can give you a partial reason..

Pop-culture campaigns such "Rock the vote" and "Vote or Die" and "Choose or Lose", which do nothing but get people to vote because their favorite stars told them to, seem to have packed voting lines with uneducated voters. People that have no idea why they are voting for who they are voting for. An example.... As I was waiting in line for 3 and a half hours to vote, a girl in front of me, probably about the same age as me, struck up conversation with me. Eventually she asked me who I was voting for for president, Of course I told her I was voting for president Bush. I returned the question, said she was voting for Kerry. So I asked her, just curious, What was it that made you decide to vote for Kerry? Her response?.... "I dont know, I guess just because he likes black people" It took all the power in my body to hold back my total disgust. I feel that these hollywood-driven, and mostly liberal-driven, "get out and vote" campaigns are having an adverse effect on the elections by filling the polls with uneducated voters that are just doing it because its "the cool thing to do"

The media's pre-election hype of Ohio being one of the most important states also helped bring out a record turnout.

When we finally got to the voting machines, this woman took over 5 minutes to cast her vote, poll workers were in the booth with her trying to help her at least 3 times because she couldnt understand the machine.

It took me less than a minute to cast my vote.

I dont know if voter reform is the issue that needs to be discussed, perhaps, voter education?

Yeah... I blame Bono too.

Turn Off Ads?