Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Reality of Red State Fascism

Re: The Reality of Red State Fascism

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    I think lately it's been the Republicans who've controlled the negative.
    of course you would.

i think it was about 60-40 repubs in the election.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm looking for Kerry's name in your example and just not seeing it. Strange.
    Oh, I could have very easily included Kerry (and quite a few others). Kerry ran alot of ads here in Ohio and elsewhere. Remember how he distorted the actual cost of the Iraq war, the 3 Million lost jobs, outsourcing exaggerations, and then telling seniors that Bush had a secret plan after the election to eliminate SSI. I could go on with more. My point is that the Dems were engaged in "dirty politics" and stretching the truth to suit their needs, just as much as the Repubs were.

And you're either in denile or blind if you think otherwise IMO.

You guys complained about impropriaties between the Bush campaign and Swift Boats vets; but said little about a MoveOn operative who joined the Kerry campaign (Zack Exley). That was all purely innocent because Dems would never stoop to any underhanded tactics to get below the radar when it comes to the campaign finance laws, and their dealings with former Kerry campaign chairman Jim Jordan's Media Fund, America Coming Together, and other liberal groups to run anti-Bush ads during the campaign.

Aren't comments like this against the board rules?
    No more then you calling/implying that myself, and every other Bush supporter and "red stater" on here is fascist. You post threads on here to try an "bait" people who disagree with you ideologically, and knowing it may lead to some heated discussion, while also making comments that attempt to place demeaning, hateful, and unnecesary labels on people on here that disagree with you... and then try to call out to the mods that rules may be being broken when someone says something you feel is insulting?

If you can't stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-15-2005 at 10:45 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Oh, I could have very easily included Kerry (and quite a few others). Kerry ran alot of ads here in Ohio and elsewhere. Remember how he distorted the actual cost of the Iraq war
    Like the swift boat guys eh?

Remember how the president and his staff distorted the REASON to go to war?

Where's the laughs, giggles and outrage about that?

:deadhorse
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

and then telling seniors that Bush had a secret plan after the election to eliminate SSI.
    And boy was he ever wrong about that.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Like the swift boat guys eh?

Remember how the president and his staff distorted the REASON to go to war?

Where's the laughs, giggles and outrage about that?
    I think I already mentioned TWICE in my above posts woy that BOTH PARTIES were playing "dirty politics" and running misleading ads during this campaign didn't I?

What I am laughing at is the contention from a couple of my liberal friends on here, with their halos hanging over their heads, that somehow the Dems/DNC/Kerry didn't do it, and only took the "high road". It's laughable!

I guess some of you weren't watching the same election coverage the rest of us was.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    :deadhorse
    While people die every day the horse will be beat.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    I think I already mentioned TWICE in my above posts woy that BOTH PARTIES were playing "dirty politics" and running misleading ads during this campaign didn't I?

What I am laughing at is the contention from a couple of my liberal friends on here, with their halos hanging over their heads, that somehow the Dems/DNC/Kerry didn't do it, and only took the "high road". It's laughable!

I guess some of you weren't watching the same election coverage the rest of us was.
    No, I don't watch Fox news and when you criticize anything to do with the current administration with the fevor you reserve for sabermetrics let me know. :mhcky21:
    Last edited by westofyou; 01-15-2005 at 11:12 AM.

so it's ok to continually start threads that breakdown into the same thing over and over and over again while 90% of the posts on them violate Rule 5 up the ?

really, just stickey one of these topics, and then once every other thread starts degenerating, merge it to the sticky.

Yes, totally wrong. Again, please don't let the facts of the early proposals on SS get in the way of scoring a couple cheap points of a message board.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

I'm glad you agree. Bush's plan is to allow only those young adults now entering the workforce to invest a small portion of their SSI money. His plan does not in any way involve the current plan seniors (and myself) are in.

Maybe you should quit listening to Ted Kennedy.

so it's ok to continually start threads that breakdown into the same thing over and over and over again while 90% of the posts on them violate Rule 5 up the ?

really, just stickey one of these topics, and then once every other thread starts degenerating, merge it to the sticky.
    Maybe you should become a moderator then?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Maybe you should become a moderator then?
    yeah, i'll just click the 'become a moderator button.'

yeah, i'll just click the 'become a moderator button.'
    I see nothing right now that violates rule 5 or any other rule. What gives?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.
    it doesn't start out with that intent, but it always comes back to the same 3 things...and usually within 5 posts. i'm done with non-baseball side for a long time.

Turn Off Ads?