Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Reality of Red State Fascism

Re: The Reality of Red State Fascism

As contentious as it often gets, I read a lot of the political threads. The thing I've learned is that I'm not as conservative as I thought I was.

Even when I don't agree with a person's point of view, I feel like I can learn something, much of the time.

The right to hold passionate opinions about our country, our system of government, and the world at large is an incredible thing in the history of mankind.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    it doesn't start out with that intent, but it always comes back to the same 3 things...and usually within 5 posts. i'm done with non-baseball side for a long time.
    :deadhorse
    It is the same premise, so it does start out with "that intent" it is just a bait and switch job, and thus beating a subject to death, anti-bush, blah blah, anti-conservative blah blah, anti-religion blah blah, as if anyone ever claimed they were impeccable to begin with, I think we have all gotten the points that mistakes and errors are made and that there are serious consequences, as well as several things are done right.

Blah Blah Blah....:deadhorse .... insert - excessive player/president/conservative/religous person criticism or anything along those lines. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player/president/conservative/religous person to death, please. :deadhorse
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 01-15-2005 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Ted Kennedy.
    Did he ever learn CPR :all_cohol :all_cohol was he ever held accountable?

Excuse me while I fall out of my seat laughing Mr Moore, Mr Soros, and MoveOn.org.
    Did Kerry have anything else but mud to sling? Everytime I listened to his speeches he was certainly singing the praises of GW.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    No, I don't watch Fox news and when you criticize anything to do with the current administration with the fevor you reserve for sabermetrics let me know. :mhcky21:
    You'll have to show me this "fevor" (I think you meant fervor though) that I demonstrate in opposition to sabermetrics. It's none existent.

I have disagreements with aspects of sabermetrics, and it's application, that is true. But for the most part, I stay off of those threads on the baseball side that get into a deep analysis of statistical breakdown and application. And I do so out of respect. But even at times when I have "misspoke" (and been misinterpreted) I have come back and apologized. And I have also stated numerous times on here my admiration and respect for the knowledge that guys like yourself possess on here (especially when it comes to baseball history). Do I get any points at all for that?

But fervor?

And my TV is not "locked" on Fox. I bounce around quite a bit when it comes to news and information programs. Fox is no better or worse then any of the other news agencies IMO. And they definitely have their faults and biases.

It's sad when you can't go to ANY news source and get objective truth anymore. Everything has become so partisan, which is why people need to make that extra effort to sort through the garbage.

Personally, I like blogger websites. :
    Last edited by GAC; 01-16-2005 at 05:47 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Personally, I like blogger websites. :
    Did you hear the Howard Dean campaign paid 2-3 bloggers to say nice things about them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Did you hear the Howard Dean campaign paid 2-3 bloggers to say nice things about them?
    He hired 2 bloggers as consultants. One stopped blogging during the primaries, and the other put up a disclaimer saying he was being paid.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Out of the entire internet he was able to find 2 or 3 huh? Amazing. :mhcky21:
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?