Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If you voted for Bush, you are a fascist hick

Re: If you voted for Bush, you are a fascist hick

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    I don't think conservatives understand conservatism.
    Yeah, conservatives are just stupid fascist hicks, so of course they don't understand conservatism. Fortunately there are liberals to explain it all, but please don't use any big words.
    Last edited by RedsBaron; 01-09-2005 at 01:56 PM.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

I find it interesting to hear the winners whining about being called names by the losers. Sour grapes are usually for the losers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I didn't know we had a choice, either vote for Bush or ???

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    I believe "fascist hick" is the politically incorrect term. The euphemism I saw following the election was "coalition between the greedy and the ill-informed."

That's much better. I'm no longer offended.

:
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I find it interesting to hear the winners whining about being called names by the losers. Sour grapes are usually for the losers.

I think a lot of US citizens, no matter what their political affiliation, subconsciously feel bad about how well off they are compared to the rest of the world, and thus have to erect a "victim complex" so they, too, can feel downtrodden and oppressed.

Everyone wants to be a martyr, just so long as they don't have to actually suffer for it.

In summation, I believe most US citizens are spoiled, whiny little babies.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I think that nobody on either side wants to be called a fascist, or ignorant, or a hick.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

What I love most about these threads are how people post new thoughts and so many minds are changed.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Welcome to the system
    Here's the situation
    It's a bit confusing
    Welcome to the maze
    Everybody sees what

Everybody wants to
    Everyone avoids
    Every other gaze

I will be your mentor
    I'll be your advisor
    I'll do what I do
    And you will look away
    Forgetting what you see
    Has always been much wiser
    But someone in the back is missing what I say

Got a complaint in the system

Welcome to the park now
    We supply amusements
    Everybody rides
    But everybody pays

What good's causing problems
    When no one's complaining
    What good is a martyr
    If no one is saved

Everybody knows us
    Everybody sees us

Every single child

Can tell you where we are

Every politician
    Says that we are leaving
    But in all this time

We haven't gone too far

You should understand it
    It's not underhanded
    It's really quite simple you see

The right and the wrong of it
    Long and the short of it
    Black and the white of it
    Forget the sight of it
    It is so much cheaper

To be no one's keeper

Trust me

In the dead of the night
    You can stab with a knife
    But it's rare you'll ever get anywhere

So we laugh in delight
    Till you turn on a light
    And we scatter for the darkness
    Or the corners filled with blackness
    And we're
    There
    There

Where
    Where
    There

"Complaint in the System"-Savatage
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    What I love most about these threads are how people post new thoughts and so many minds are changed.
    My favorite is people who act like they're above it all and yet post anyway.

See the winkie? That made what I said harmless!
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    My favorite is people who act like they're above it all and yet post anyway.

See the winkie? That made what I said harmless!
    Gee I don't recall posting I was above it all.

Trying to change someone’s political views is like trying to convince BadFundamentals that Dunn is a stud at the plate. Trying to change someone’s political views by posting the same thing in 100 different threads still isn’t going to change minds.

And name-calling, which all of these threads degenerate to (even when one inserts a ), is never going to win anyone to the other side.

It's just an exercise in futility.
    Last edited by creek14; 01-10-2005 at 08:52 AM.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Gee I don't recall posting I was above it all.

Trying to change someone’s political views is like trying to convince BadFundamentals that Dunn is a stud at the plate. Trying to change someone’s political views by posting the same thing in 100 different threads still isn’t going to change minds.

And name-calling, which all of these threads degenerate to (even when one inserts a ), is never going to win anyone to the other side.

It's just an exercise in futility.
    You're probably right, honestly. I enjoy debating issues, but I'm seeing less and less of that. I'm not sure how to fix that, but I'd like to see a better environment to discuss things. Maybe that's impossible. I try to be respectful, but the condescending attitudes and trolling from certain people has been getting ridiculous lately.

i think quite honestly, i'm the only person who's had any of their politcal views changed by these threads in the course of almost 2 years now......
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

You're probably right, honestly. I enjoy debating issues, but I'm seeing less and less of that. I'm not sure how to fix that, but I'd like to see a better environment to discuss things. Maybe that's impossible. I try to be respectful, but the condescending attitudes and trolling from certain people has been getting ridiculous lately.
    I too dislike the condescending attitudes I see some posters here exhibit. Examples would include statements to the effect that while not all Republicans are stupid, most stupid people are Republicans and statements asserting that consservatives don't understand conservatism.
    I also find it a bit much to equate the "religious right" with Nazis and the Holocaust and to try to blame people of faith for every evil that has ever exited in the world. Probably adherents no ideology have ever murdered more people than have adherents to communism, which is officially athiestic.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    I too dislike the condescending attitudes I see some posters here exhibit. Examples would include statements to the effect that while not all Republicans are stupid, most stupid people are Republicans and statements asserting that consservatives don't understand conservatism.
    I also find it a bit much to equate the "religious right" with Nazis and the Holocaust and to try to blame people of faith for every evil that has ever exited in the world. Probably adherents no ideology have ever murdered more people than have adherents to communism, which is officially athiestic.
    Wow, dragging up something I said over a year ago. Can't get anything past you.

and statements asserting that consservatives don't understand conservatism.
    Please show me how George W. Bush has taken conservative actions with anything that he's done. I guess he cut taxes, but the government has gotten massive.

Why do we need a Department of Homeland Security again when we have a Department of Defense?

I also find it a bit much to equate the "religious right" with Nazis and the Holocaust and to try to blame people of faith for every evil that has ever exited in the world.
    Your right to disagree, but I'm not sure I see how that's condescending?

Probably adherents no ideology have ever murdered more people than have adherents to communism, which is officially athiestic.
    Stalin killed a lot of people, but Germany was considered a Christian nation. I'm sorry you dislike that, but everything Hitler did was done in the name of God.

You can't just pass off evil things that Christians have done as not counting simply because you don't really consider those people to be Christians. That's not the way it works. Because politically active Christians in this country want a free pass for whatever they do, because they feel God wants them to do it. There were Germans who felt the same way. People in this country are being denied Constitutional rights because of other people's religious beliefs. If people could simply practice their own religion and stop trying to impose it on others I don't think anyone would have a problem.

Religious fundamentalism is fundamentally oppressive.

Stalin killed a lot of people, but Germany was considered a Christian nation. I'm sorry you dislike that, but everything Hitler did was done in the name of God.

Now I really have heard it all.

Turn Off Ads?