Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If you voted for Bush, you are a fascist hick

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Re: If you voted for Bush, you are a fascist hick

It isnt really the political debating that bothers me, It has its place in its designated threads.

What bothers me is when people take a thread, and turn it into a political issue, or use it as an opprotunity to bash our president. A prime example of this is the tsunami thread that ultimatley resulted in myself being banned.

What is the point in it? You arent changing anyone's mind.

To use a quote I heard on the season premeire of 24 last night...

Spare me your sixth grade Michael Moore logic. The world is a little more complicated than that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Now I really have heard it all.
    I've gone over this more than once. Hitler was Catholic.

From Mein Kampf:

Therefore, I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews, I am doing the Lord's Work
    He said many, many similar things in speeches and things over the years, and the German people were also fervently religious.

Also, as an addendum to what I said in response to RB. I'm not trying to say that I'm never disrespectful or condescending. I certainly am. However, I strive not to be, and I try to be respectful of other people's opinions, and I try to never attack the person giving the opinion. I'd rather offer my disagreement for why I feel they're wrong than a comment on the poster who presented the idea.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

What bothers me is when people take a thread, and turn it into a political issue, or use it as an opprotunity to bash our president. A prime example of this is the tsunami thread that ultimatley resulted in myself being banned.
    That rarely happens in my opinion. Most threads that talk about politics are political in nature.

Spare me your sixth grade Michael Moore logic. The world is a little more complicated than that.
    What bothers me is when people write things that can't be construed as anything other than insulting. What was the point of the above statement? I honestly can't think of one except to belittle other people.

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    That rarely happens in my opinion. Most threads that talk about politics are political in nature.
    Hmm, thats funny. I would expect you to have such an opinion, based on the fact that you could be guilty of this.

What bothers me is when people write things that can't be construed as anything other than insulting. What was the point of the above statement? I honestly can't think of one except to belittle other people.
    Well, sometimes, some people deserve to be belittled.

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    Well, sometimes, some people deserve to be belittled.
    Yeah they do. But I'll abstain.

at least it was more than an emoticon this time.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

For a Level Playing Field

Religion had ZERO to do with the history of Germany in the 1930's and 1940's as we know it. I cannot believe the inferences that are being made. If some could get over their hangups with losing to W (twice), they'd understand the truth in that history. Something about major economic depression that lingered since the end of WWI in Germany. Something about Europe not keeping tabs (or decinding to let it go) on Germany in regard to the Treaty of Versailles. Something about Germans (and esp. their leaders) having a elitist attitude towards other Europeans.

It really is sad to see you try to make this correlation, RF. Politics are bad enough, but to infer that Christianity had a part in the Holocaust is too much. B/c Hitler had a religion and b/c people of Germany were religious has nothing to do with the actions SOME of these people took during WWII.

Extremism? Only a Michael Moore type would be proud of these outlandish comments. Religion... such a terrible thing. And I am so sick-and-tired of the Michael Moore types badmouthing religion. Religious groups supporting W are no different than Unions supporting Kerry. No different than the NAACP supporting Kerry. No different than the Nat'l Education Assoc. supporting Kerry. But extreme leftists just hate it that Repubs can have their little groups of supporters too. Especially those "Holocaust-loving" religious types. Those terrible and disgusting religious people. Why do we let them vote?

I just hate it when morals get in the way of elections. Morals, like religion, is such a terrible thing. Morals... look up the definition in the dictionary. A terrible thing. Perhaps the extreme leftists need some of these moral people on their side? Might help with the next election... since their non-moral types (Moore) caused more-and-more of those terrible moralists to get to the polls.

Oops... almost forgot! Ted Bundy used to campaign for local Repubs back in his college days. Lets not forget that. All Repubs must be serial killers. Such a simplistic inference. Anyone can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Trying to change someone’s political views by posting the same thing in 100 different threads still isn’t going to change minds.
    Doesn't that fall under:

"5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

RFA google the People's Church of Nazi Germany sometime.

RFA google the People's Church of Nazi Germany sometime.
    Know a lot about that, RF. It just isn't that simple. To paint it that way is just too simplistic. Religion has been through a lot. Many religions, many things. But if it makes you feel better about trashing religion, then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Know a lot about that, RF. It just isn't that simple. To paint it that way is just too simplistic. Religion has been through a lot. Many religions, many things. But if it makes you feel better about trashing religion, then so be it.
    I'm not trashing religion RFA. If I'm trashing anything I guess I'm trashing extremists. Religion is a positive influence in the vast majority of people's lives. But when it becomes intertwined with government very bad things tend to happen.

I'm not trashing religion RFA. If I'm trashing anything I guess I'm trashing extremists. Religion is a positive influence in the vast majority of people's lives. But when it becomes intertwined with government very bad things tend to happen.
    I'll agree to some extent, RF. Religion, as a whole, is a good thing. But there are bad people who get involved w/ religion. I am not a gun-person, but I relate it to the saying "guns don't kill people, people kill people". Religion (as a whole) is not bad, but there are bad people in religion. I hope all that makes sense!

And the right & left both have whackos... no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed

:gac:
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I very well could be a facist hick.

But if you look at his numbers, the early returns indicate that Dave was a solid pick in the '01 draft.

I voted for Bush back then, and I still maintain it was a solid pick.

If you don't like it, then :allovrjr:

I've gone over this more than once. Hitler was Catholic.

From Mein Kampf:

He said many, many similar things in speeches and things over the years, and the German people were also fervently religious.

Also, as an addendum to what I said in response to RB. I'm not trying to say that I'm never disrespectful or condescending. I certainly am. However, I strive not to be, and I try to be respectful of other people's opinions, and I try to never attack the person giving the opinion. I'd rather offer my disagreement for why I feel they're wrong than a comment on the poster who presented the idea.
    RF has posted this before and I respectfully again reject the argument.
    While Hitler was brought up as a Catholic and reportedly respected the power of the Catholic Church's organization, I've never read of Hitler ever accepting any of its teachings or giving any evidence of being a Christian. How many times did Hitler attend Mass while the Fuhrer?
    Hitler was probably the greatest liar in human history, so his proclaiming to be doing the "Lord's work" in murdering Jews doesn't "prove" IMO that he was a Christian or even that he considered himself to be one. The only "god" Hitler seemed to believe in was himself.
    I'm reminded of the story attributed to Abraham Lincoln, who observed that even if you call a horse's tail a leg, a horse doesn't have five legs, because calling the tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. Statements by Hitler that he was a Christian doesn't make him one. Jesus Christ proclaimed that there would be those who claimed to be His servants and that He would tell them to depart from Him as He never knew them (Matthew 7:23).
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?