Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If you voted for Bush, you are a fascist hick

Re: If you voted for Bush, you are a fascist hick

Hitler was probably the greatest liar in human history, so his proclaiming to be doing the "Lord's work" in murdering Jews doesn't "prove" IMO that he was a Christian or even that he considered himself to be one. The only "god" Hitler seemed to believe in was himself.
    It's my opinion that it really doesn't matter whether or not Hitler was a Christian. What mattered is whether the German people believed he was, and if they did believe that he was did he use it to manipulate them?

I think the answer to both of those questions is yes. That's why religion is frightening when used by the government, and it's why I strongly dislike Bush and those like him constantly talking about doing God's work, etc.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?

Jesus Christ proclaimed that there would be those who claimed to be His servants and that He would tell them to depart from Him as He never knew them (Matthew 7:23).
    That passage still rings true today.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Im not a fascist hick...Im just a Bible thumping moron who eats up the propaganda fed to me by CNN (*snort* - Some people believe that CNN is right wing...I tell you no lies)

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Im not a fascist hick...Im just a Bible thumping moron who eats up the propaganda fed to me by CNN (*snort* - Some people believe that CNN is right wing...I tell you no lies)
    Dont you mean Fox News?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Stalin killed a lot of people, but Germany was considered a Christian nation. I'm sorry you dislike that, but everything Hitler did was done in the name of God.
    This is the most absurb notion that I have ever heard. I don't know who has gotten into your head, but your impressions/attitude towards Christians is so wrong and misguided.

Hitler, like so many other past corrupt world leaders, was a deranged pschopath who used any and all avenues to carry out his perverted agenda, including evoking the name of God. It wasn't God that motivated him to exterminate 6 million of whom God says are his "chosen people" (Jews).

Now maybe Hitler (and the German people) may have thought so; but Jesus said that when the blind lead the blind, they both will end up in a ditch. If the Germans were truly Christian, or considered themselves a Christian nation (i.e. followers of Christ), then there is no way they could have allowed their leaders to lead them down this path.

Saddam and Bin Laden say that everything they did/do is also in the name of God. So did Charles Manson. We see in the news daily where some emotionally deranged individual goes off the deep end and does an atrocious act, and then claims God was telling them to do so.

Bill Clinton spent quite a bit of time while President canvassing and speaking in churches (especially African-American churches). He told one church "I am doing the will of God on this earth."

Where was the outcry then?

You can't just pass off evil things that Christians have done as not counting simply because you don't really consider those people to be Christians. That's not the way it works.
    It sure does work that way. Especially when you attach the label "Christian" to someone like Hitler who was not a Christian. And then try to use that analogy to insult and label all Christians as fascists!

In fact, Jesus, and the apostles in the early church taught that the way you "test the prophets" and those who claim to be his representatives is by looking at the "fruit of their deeds" and if their agenda/ideology is in-line with his Word. So show me again where Jesus and his followers (fascists) advocated genocide?

You are again under the misconception that just because someone attachs the Christian "label" to themselves that therefore it must be true. But I, and millions of other Christians look at thier works. We can't look at their "hearts", only God can do that. But their outward works are pretty indicative of what is in their hearts.

Because politically active Christians in this country want a free pass for whatever they do, because they feel God wants them to do it.
    Examples please? I have no idea what you are talking about. If anything, Christians believe in personal responsibility/accountability, because we believe that one day we all will stand thus before a just and holy God.

And we are just as empassioned on all sorts of social issues as you may be. It just so happens that we differ in opinion, and in some cases, the appraoch taken.

Religious fundamentalism is fundamentally oppressive.
    This statement, the way it is phrased, is hilarious. Fundamentally speaking of course.

This is a supreme example of why progressives like yourself, and MAYBE why many within your party, are not able to "connect" with people of faith in this country (especially in those red states).

You want a religion that is free of any type of "restraints" (as you might define them). It's all superficial and outward. It's OK for one to attend church regularly, listen to a good sermon, and basically go through the motions and feign religiousity. But for heavens sake, keep it where it belongs.... in the church and in the home. Don't let it be seen, displayed, or lived out in the public forum. It's offensive and oppressive. And you're not allowed to let your relgious views dictact or influence how one conducts themselves in this life.

That is called hypocrisy in my book RF.

If only Jesus had done that he wouldn't have been persecuted and crucified. He was such a rebel-rouser. Also the apostles and early church.

Many who would say the same thing about secularism and liberalism, fundamentally speaking. I find societies founded on secularism, such as Communist Russia, China, N. Korea, and now even aspects of France and Canada, as being oppressive. Ever notice the trend within some of these nations that the first "freedom" they attack or take away is religious freedom? Why?

It only seems "oppressive" to someone like yourself who defines moral values in a completely different light.

You believe "truth is relative" (what each individual wants to make it to be). In the Gospels when Jesus told those soon-to-be apostles to "leave all and follow him", and that he was the "the way, the truth, and the light", was he somehow advocating a sort of oppressive fascism?

The bottomline is that you RF (and the author of this article/editorial) is trying to find some sort of reasoning/rationale as to why you lost this current election. Youre still scratching your heads over how this could happen. And since it is absurd for you (or your party) to look inwardly and maybe, just maybe, think they are doing something wrong, or took missteps, that lead to their failure at not "connecting" with that electorate, you have to find that "culprit" elsewhere (outward)... religion.

And instead of trying to understand, or figure out a way to reach out to that important segment of our population... and it is a an important and influential segment..... you attack and insult them.

You seem to have no problem with using hate speech when it serves your purpose.

That is gonna go a long way to helping your party in 2008.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-12-2005 at 09:18 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Wow over half the United States are facist hicks? Interesting.

I'm also a facist hick....sweet.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

tom browning

Take a look at the map of the civil war and compare em to this past election. Its virtually identical.

I dont think everyone who voted for Bush is a fascist hick. I just think a great deal were uninformed or knee jerk voters voting out of fear. I was amazed at the amount of people voting for Bush simply because of Iraq- Terrorism. Then they dont even look at his and his brothers insane open door immigration ideas.

Bush should have never been elected this past time.( I say that because he was never elected the first time). Has nothiong to do with liberal conservative crap either. Has to do with hes a dangerous idiot. Worst thing that ever happened was McCain losing the primary. HIM Id would have liked to see as president. Not this crooked jackass we got now.

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom browning
    I just think a great deal were uninformed or knee jerk voters voting out of fear.

Tell that to the girl in front of me in the election line who told me she was voting for Kerry because "he likes black people"

tom browning

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Im gonna make this my last post because I want to keep my posts here limited to baseball and really dont feel like people basing my baseball opinions on politics.

With that let me say, ANYONE who votes in the Presidential election and places their vote for pure moral or religious reasons, is a moron. Only an idiot would elect the President of the United States based on wtf their church tells them. I could give a crap less if we had a gay drunken transvestite monkey as president, as long as he can do the job and not run the country into the ground like the criminal, drunken, drug addict, lying, draft dodging, thieving monkey we have in office now.

Btw, the Bush familys sins makes Clinton look like a piker.

Leave the preaching in the church and the home. Where it belongs.

tom browning

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    Tell that to the girl in front of me in the election line who told me she was voting for Kerry because "he likes black people"
    Didnt say there wasnt idiots on both sides.

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Didnt say there wasnt idiots on both sides.
    Hah, you proved that with your last post.

Queen Christine

well its good to know that you are more concered about baseball than our current president and the way that he runs the country. I voted becasue of fear. I voted for Bush because Kerry's an idiot and that scared me. But, I assume you won't ever see this, because you are too busy with the all important baseball side, especially during the off season.

Im gonna make this my last post because I want to keep my posts here limited to baseball and really dont feel like people basing my baseball opinions on politics.

With that let me say, ANYONE who votes in the Presidential election and places their vote for pure moral or religious reasons, is a moron. Only an idiot would elect the President of the United States based on wtf their church tells them. I could give a crap less if we had a gay drunken transvestite monkey as president, as long as he can do the job and not run the country into the ground like the criminal, drunken, drug addict, lying, draft dodging, thieving monkey we have in office now.

Btw, the Bush familys sins makes Clinton look like a piker.

Leave the preaching in the church and the home. Where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    Then again she does have a point. 90% of black people vote Democrat. That says a lot. I'd be uncomfortable voting for a party that can only garner 10% of a sizable minority's vote, but that's just me.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Hitler wasn't so bad.
    /Marge

With that let me say, ANYONE who votes in the Presidential election and places their vote for pure moral or religious reasons, is a moron. Only an idiot would elect the President of the United States based on wtf their church tells them.
    Isn't it funny how it's perfectly OK and appropriate for people to allow their own personal beliefs and ideology to influence them and determine how they vote, but people of faith shouldn't, and are morons and idiots if they do?

I could give a crap less if we had a gay drunken transvestite monkey as president, as long as he can do the job
    Write him in next time then.

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?