Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Manning does it again

Manning does it again

4 TD passes today against the Broncos, tied for second in yards in a single playoff game.

Unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Manning does it again

Yea that guy is pretty good.

I've never seen anything from a QB like I saw this year from Manning. But it will all be for nothing if they lay another egg against the Pats next week.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I never thought I'd see a season like Marino had in '84.

This one's better. I just can't believe it.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Manning's mind and preparation set him apart from anyone else I've ever seen.

Watch him carry out a fake. He does the little things with incredible precision.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Let's see what Indy can do in the elements.

That said, I absolutely hate teams that play in domes.

Let's see him win a big game.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Today wasn't a big game?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I was lucky enough to catch a couple of Colts games in person last season and the thing that was astonishing in person was that it seemed like any time that Manning wanted something to happen, it happened. When it was a critical drive, he was so much like a machine that it was scary.

On top of that he's probably in the top 5 of classiest current professional atheletes.

I'm just hoping they can somehow win the SB so we can begin the "best QB ever" arguments.

I don't get into classiest arguements on people I only know through the biased media. I know he got sued once for sexual harrasment.
    And today wasn't even close to a big game. Nobody remembers wild card games. They remember bowl games and conference championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I don't get into classiest arguements on people I only know through the biased media. I know he got sued once for sexual harrasment.
    And today wasn't even close to a big game. Nobody remembers wild card games. They remember bowl games and conference championships.
    Well, that deal was when he was in college and he mooned someone in the locker room and a female trainer took offense and I don't think she sued but she made a bit of trouble for him while he was there. So it's not like he molested anyone.

But I agree that he has to win two more games at least. And NE has not been kind to him over the past few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

For the record i'm not saying he is a jerk or not classy because of that, but saying sometimes certain players get a rep and it sticks with them. I know the media has favorites and they can do no wrong, just like others can do no right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    For the record i'm not saying he is a jerk or not classy because of that, but saying sometimes certain players get a rep and it sticks with them. I know the media has favorites and they can do no wrong, just like others can do no right.
    Yeah. I understand. They do seem to drool over him - and Eli - quite a bit. I watched Eli's first game on Fox. He didn't look good but you would have thought he was a mixture of his brother, Marino, Elway and Montana as much as they fawned over him. I thought Collinsworth was going to ask to go steady with him at one point.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?