Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Randy Moss Pretends to Moon Fans

Randy Moss Pretends to Moon Fans

Sounds like a country boy from West Virginia. :allovrjr:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=1963404

ESPN.com news services
    Randy Moss didn't leave Lambeau Field before the Vikings' playoff game was over Sunday. He still was in the middle of controversy, however.

Moss' celebration caused a firestorm of controversy after the game.

Moss -- whose reputation is still smarting for skulking off the field with 2 seconds left in a loss in Washington last week -- pretended to pull down his pants and moon the crowd after scoring on a 34-yard touchdown pass from Daunte Culpepper in the fourth quarter.

"Just having a little fun with the boys a little bit," he told Fox after the Vikings' 31-17 wild-card victory over the Packers. "I hope I don't get in trouble by it, but if I do I'll take the heat."

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Moss can expect some "heat" from the NFL.

When asked for a reaction to the touchdown celebration, an NFL spokesman told Mortensen: "Randy Moss can expect to be hearing from us."

Also Sunday, an ESPN interview with Moss did little to discount criticisms of his selfishness.

Earlier, Moss said -- in a roundabout way -- he was sorry about the negative reaction caused by his early departure from the field at Washington in the regular-season finale. This time, though, none of his comments could be characterized as apologetic.

"Defenses don't frustrate me," Moss said. "My team is what frustrates me. A defense can't frustrate me. What frustrated me is seeing us not doing what we're supposed to do."

Moss clarified that quote by claiming he was concerned solely about the Vikings' offensive success, as opposed to catching a certain amount of balls.

But in brushing off a question about center Matt Birk's confrontation with him in the locker room following the loss to the Redskins, Moss said he wasn't listening to Birk's rebuke and that he really didn't care what his teammate said.

He also gave a rather ambiguous answer when asked if he thought Minnesota was the right place for him.

"Do I want to be traded? No. I have my times when I think I want to," Moss said. "It all has to do with the frustrating part. ... There's something that's unfinished here in Minnesota that started since my rookie year."

Moss, with his hair poofed out in a giant Afro, had four receptions for 70 yards and two touchdowns.

Moss wasn't the only Viking to go the huge hair route. Running back Larry Ned, left tackle Bryant McKinnie and defensive lineman Darrion Scott joined him in a movement that Moss led last season for a home game against Kansas City.

Afros, by the way, stands for America's Finest Receivers on Sunday. At least to the Vikings, it does.

"It seems to be working, so we might keep it," McKinnie said.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Randy Moss Pretends to Moon Fans

I found it funny that many of my "local" news announcers were saying how appauled they were...that "kids" could have been watching and it was a bad example, and yet it was okay to replay it during their sportscasts every 30 minutes.

Immature, yes. Abhorrent and disgusting, no.

I wish another former Marshall University receiver, Troy Brown, had Randy Moss's talent. For that matter, I wish Moss had Brown's class and team spirit.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Hey Randy, ever heard of karma?

Some day, this will all come around to bite him on what he showed the GB fans.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

He ain't got nothin' on Ickey Woods, yo.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I found it ironic that Joe Buck was saying how he regretted that they showed that celebration live and calling Randy Moss "classless," despite the fact that just last week Fox was airing the ultra-classy "Who's Your Daddy?" I didn't know that Fox was all into morals and stuff now.

Whatever, I found the media blowups over these "celebrations" a little ridiculous. It's not like Moss ACTUALLY mooned the fans.

But I agree with NJReds, it's dumb that people in the media were saying it's disgusting, etc, and yet they keep showing replays of it and keep talking about it.

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

I really wish the media would get of Moss's back a little bit. And Im not even a really big fan of him.

If you watched the pregame on fox yesterday, he admitted to Jimmy Johnson that walking off the field the week before was wrong. That should have been the end of it, there is no reason for the announcers to keep denouncing him every chance they get.

And then Buck's comical overreaction when Moss did the mooning bit was ridiculous. Of all the things Moss could have done, Simulating the mooning of an opposing crowd is mild to me. Now if he would have walked over and flipped the whole crowd off, thats a different story.

I would bet that 90% of the general public are not even remotley offended by the act of mooning. expecially in this case where no skin was exposed. But everyone is a Moss-hater so alot of people will say they are offended by this.

So let me ask this question...

What is more classless and sets a worse example?

Simulating the mooning of an opposing crowd after a touchdown?

Or...

Fighting and sparring after EVERY single play?

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

It's a little early in the playoffs to be taunting, especially considering they were an 8-8 team going into that game. The team hasn't proven anything yet and Randy could be considerably less successful next weekend.

Minnesota is GB's main rival and as a divisional opponent, they have to play in Lambeau every year. Those fans aren't going to forget this by next year.

Personally, I wonder how much of JB's indignation was the result of the FCC's Super Bowl smackdown of last year. As Stewie points out, a rejection of in-your-face antics is hardly the norm in his network's programming.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    It's a little early in the playoffs to be taunting, especially considering they were an 8-8 team going into that game. The team hasn't proven anything yet and Randy could be considerably less successful next weekend.
    I agree to an extent, With this win, Minny went 3-0 against Green Bay this year. I think thats quite an accomplishment. Plus, we are talking about Randy Moss, this is just how he is, you gotta accept it.

But yeah, 8-8 isnt really something to be flaunting, and the team really hasnt proven anything yet, but who ever called Moss a team player?

EDIT: I am an idiot, Minnesota went 1-2 against Green Bay this year. This post has no point .
    Last edited by CbusRed; 01-10-2005 at 10:29 AM.

I thought it was pretty funny and pretty creative. It was immature and classless too, but when has Randy Moss ever been mature or classy?

Walking off the field last week was a huge mistake, but this incident was hardly earth-shattering. It would barely rate a PG.

Broncos QB Jake Plummer flipped off the home crowd a few weeks ago, but that didn't get near the media coverage of Randy's fake mooning.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 01-10-2005 at 10:31 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    I agree to an extent, With this win, Minny went 3-0 against Green Bay this year. I think thats quite an accomplishment. Plus, we are talking about Randy Moss, this is just how he is, you gotta accept it.

But yeah, 8-8 isnt really something to be flaunting, and the team really hasnt proven anything yet, but who ever called Moss a team player?
    Not that it matters all that much, but the Vikings did not go 3-0 against the Packers this season. Green Bay won both regular season meetings by identical 34-31 scores.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    Not that it matters all that much, but the Vikings did not go 3-0 against the Packers this season. Green Bay won both regular season meetings by identical 34-31 scores.
    Wow, Why am I so retarded?

Its still early :MandJ:

Speaking of Randy, that is one serious 'fro he's got. Like the guy from Outkast.

I didn't see the game. When I watched the NFL show on ESPN last night, Chris Berman made it out like he humped the goalpost or took a dump on the 50 yd line ("violating the hallowed ground of Lambeau Field"). I didn't know what the heck he had done.

I just watched the video on the ESPN web site. I'm as much of an old school guy as you'll find, but I did find it kinda funny, in an unbelievably audacious, stupid, and classless way.

I do think Randy will pay both monetarily, from his own teammates, from the media, and from GB fans for years to come.

But I don't think Randy cares. And if his career doesn't have a Jerry Rice type length because once he becomes not a premier receiver, nobody will touch him, well so what? He'll made enough money to last him his whole life.

Just seems to be the way the sports world is right now.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Even more ridiculous on this matter, is the fact that Fox refused to show the replay of this, and that ESPN wont show it on sportscenter... Yet they will show the footage of Pacers/Pistons brawl every 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    Wow, Why am I so retarded?
    Would you like the reasons in alphabetical or chronological order? You better not hope DG reads that post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?