Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Randy Moss Pretends to Moon Fans

Re: Randy Moss Pretends to Moon Fans

I saw it. It was stupid but it certainly wasn't "disgusting" as Joe Buck put it. TMBS, I think RM is kind of a jerk but I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a flip what anyone thinks of him.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

2. Turn Off Ads?

The players in the NFL should heed the words of the late Vince Lombardi.

"When you score a touchdown, act like you've been there before."

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC

Wonder what Vince would have said about the Packers tackling.

"Everybody's grabbing out there!!!!"

"Grab, grab, grab!!!!"

Yesterday was one of the worst tackling displays I've ever seen.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Vince Lombardi didn't have players angling to make the highlight reel on ESPN. An NFL coach who tried to sell that to today's athlete would have a locker-room rebellion.
    /r/reds

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

When John Randall used to lift his leg and act like he was urinating on the QB after each sack, there wasnt a public outcry like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    Vince Lombardi didn't have players angling to make the highlight reel on ESPN. An NFL coach who tried to sell that to today's athlete would have a locker-room rebellion.
    That may well be, and it's a shame that the NFL hierarchy, the owners, coaches, and players have allowed the game to lower itself to these types of classless exhibitions. I know that a lot of folks like all the celebrating, dancing and taunting that is prevalent and accepted in the NFL these days. They call it "entertainment." I suppose you get what you allow. I'm probably in the minority with my feelings about it. I guess that's why Lombardi's quote is no less relevant in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Wonder what Vince would have said about the Packers tackling.

"Everybody's grabbing out there!!!!"

"Grab, grab, grab!!!!"

Yesterday was one of the worst tackling displays I've ever seen.
    Agreed. :gac: You don't see many people "tackling" the way it used to be taught in the game these days.

Reminds me of an episode of "The Simpsons"...

TV announcer: Cocky and confident, Jets quarterback Joe Willie Namath strode onto the field. (Cut to shot of Namath with long brown hair)

Abe "Grandpa" Simpson: Look at those sideburns! He looks like a girl!

TV announcer: The Colts relied on seasoned veteran Johnny Unitas. (Cut to shot of Unitas with box-style crew cut)

Abe "Grandpa" Simpson: Now there's a haircut you can set your watch to!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Tony Dungy was interviewed and he said that he found nothing wrong with what Moss did. He did say that the Packers fans after a win moon the opposing team as they leave on the bus.

If that is true, then Moss's fine should be considerably less.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I'm a big Vikings fan and I think it's amazing that the Moss incident is overshadowing the fact that they beat up on the Packers, something no one thought they could do. I don't get it. Berman and Buck overreacted to the "mooning" and seem to enjoy piling on Moss. I thought is was funny, and to me it's no worse than anything Terrell Owens does when he scores. I guess since Owens had been a good soldier this year, despite his history of being a cancer, ESPN and the rest of the sports media have to find someone else to dump on.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm biased, and that I absolutely hate the Packers, so take this comment with a grain of salt: it's no secret that Farve is a media darling and every sportscaster loves to gush all over him. That makes a part of me think this whole bit about being offended and outraged at Moss is a ploy to cover up the fact that Brett Farve flat out lost this game for his team. No ifs ands or buts about it, I think this loss falls squarely on him. He forced balls when he had no business throwing them and threw four picks, and then there's the little illegal pass in the endzone that Collinsworth, Aikman and Buck gushed over, ignoring the fact that the guy cost his team a touchdown. To me this whole Moss blowup is nothing more than an attmept to make people forget that Farve flat out stunk in the biggest game of the year at hallowed Lambeau Field.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Just because he's Randy Moss and "that's how he is" is no excuse. Kinda like "boys will be boys" is no excuse most of the time. The team should have been penalized for his classless act.

I remember Chad Johnson and another player banging shoulders in the endzone after a touchdown. The team was penalized for "celebrating".
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Interesting that Joe Buck came down so hard, and was so critical of the "spoiled athlete incarnate," Randy Moss, yet seems to be benefiting and promoting the "spoiled athlete" with his Budweiser commercials and the spoof of the ultra-spoiled "Leon." Just some food for thought.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

When did Joe Buck get so righteous? And Cris Collinsworth?

It put it in a whole different perspective for me when I learned the context of what he did, which was giving it back to the fans, who apparently hang around the parking lot and collectively moon the visiting team's buses after a home victory. It's called gamesmanship. It sure does beat a 300 lb gorilla doing a jig after making a tackle
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Although I still don't condone what Moss did, the context of the act did lend a little different perspective to it, didn't it?

Interesting that Joe Buck came down so hard, and was so critical of the "spoiled athlete incarnate," Randy Moss, yet seems to be benefiting and promoting the "spoiled athlete" with his Budweiser commercials and the spoof of the ultra-spoiled "Leon." Just some food for thought.
    Yeah, that's the same thing I was thinking. Morality is selective.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?