Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 24 Season 4 Thread

24 Season 4 Thread

Even with a nearly all new cast (up to this point at least), the show hasn't seemed to lose a step. The two night, four hour season premiere really drew me in and got me hooked on a new "day" already! The best part...20 consecutive weeks to go with no interruptions!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 24 Season 4 Thread

Yeah, I think it's much better than last season, so far.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

I didn't watch on Sunday but tuned in, on the advice of others, last night... I didn't have any trouble picking up what I had missed on Sunday, and by the time it was over @10 I found myself wishing they were showing three episodes that night instead of two.

I haven't sat down to watch the television in a long time, but damn... this is good stuff.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    I didn't watch on Sunday but tuned in, on the advice of others, last night... I didn't have any trouble picking up what I had missed on Sunday, and by the time it was over @10 I found myself wishing they were showing three episodes that night instead of two.

I haven't sat down to watch the television in a long time, but damn... this is good stuff.
    Yeah, they really jump-start the series with the first 4 hours in 2 nights and get you hooked. Then its slow torture as they dribble out the episodes over the next 20 weeks.

I liked Jack's robbery of the convenience store as a way to stall the terrorist. I told my daughters not to date mid-eastern types or you'll end up like Debbie. I still expect Chloe to go postal some day. Edgar has potential.

And we make great fun of the tech-speak they have. It's like a bunch of writers who know nothing about technology string together tech-jargon. It sounds cool, but really doesn't make much sense.

I read somewhere that "24's" creators are basically making up the story as they go along. They're about a month ahead of the show.

Pay attention to the open sky

Enjoyed it. Looks like I'm drawn in for another season.

Zombie, you missed two great episodes.

I thought monday was good, but not nearly as good as sunday. I'm getting annoyed with the CTU situation as it seems to be the same every year, but out in the field, it's all fantastic.

Check the sig.
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

I definitely like the story much better than last season. I'm thrilled Kim is gone, although I miss Tony Almeida.

A few comments and predictions I made in the LAST thread I'll just copy here:

24 is a show that I REALLY want to like. I liked the first season for the most part and the first half of the second season was good. Last season didn't do too much for me and I'm hoping this season is good. It's such a good concept that I'm more willing to suspend reality for it than most other shows. I think there's the understanding that you HAVE to suspend reality to watch most TV dramas, but there's a limit to what I'm willing to suspend and 24 approaches that line regularly and has passed it on several occassions.

I'll tell you this, if someone breaks into CTU and breaks a prisoner out or kills one of the prisoners, I'm turning the station and will not watch anymore.

Also, some story lines are a little too predictable. For instance, the whole Jack Bauer going against the authorities was good the first couple of times, but this whole contention thing with him and Driscoll is just not appealing to me at all. Could she really be that stubborn and hard-headed after the Secretary of Defense was kidnapped? Doesn't it seem obvious that the guy is going to lead them to the terrorists and that Jack is right? The rogue agent thing has been done already and is too predictable. For once I'd like to see them just say, "Jack, you've worked miracles in the past, do what you need to do here. You have my support" Instead it's the same thing for the 4th straight season.

Also, I have a prediction here. David Palmer was the high integrity President who always wanted to do what was right regardless of the consequences. He was portrayed as the President everyone would want because of his character and leadership. At one point, they did say that he was a Democrat. well, the President this season is the guy who was running against him last season, so I assume he's a Republican. Mark my words, he will end up being a corrupt and crooked leader only concerned with his politics. It's a cliche in Hollywood and I'd be shocked if this isn't the case for this season in 24.

Also, I'm on record right now that either/or Sara or this new Mary Ann chick is crooked. If Mary Ann isn't crooked, I have a feeling she's going to replace Kim as the character i wish would go away. If she's not somehow involved, then her whole story line of trying to manipulate her way to career advancement is just a carbon copy of the story line in Season 2 between Michelle Desler and the chic from "division" who she hated because she screwed over her brother, who came to help at CTU and they couldn't get along. That was one of the lamest story lines in the first three seasons and I hope they don't repeat it.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    If Mary Ann isn't crooked, I have a feeling she's going to replace Kim as the character i wish would go away.
    My guess is she is the 'replacement' for Sherry Palmer as the token sociopathic witch. Then again, Aisha Tyler certainly does quite nicely in the 'easy on the eyes' requirement that is so crucial to the 'Kim Bauer' role.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192
    My guess is she is the 'replacement' for Sherry Palmer as the token sociopathic witch. Then again, Aisha Tyler certainly does quite nicely in the 'easy on the eyes' requirement that is so crucial to the 'Kim Bauer' role.
    I think the terrorist mother has the Sherry Palmer role. Killing your son's chick, thats some nice mother.

As for the President, I think they will show him as a stand up guy. This show has never been about politics and I don't think they will start.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

I hope not Puffy.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Gonna be hard to replace this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

I don't know, Aisha Tyler:

Can't go wrong with either, but at least Aisha has some acting chops.

It's not that I don't like this show, because I really do, but it really has the potential to be even better. What i don't get is the casting. If I could change one thing about the show, it would be the people who work at CTU. None of them are believable, IMO. Actually, the guy who took Tony's place is pretty good, but the others don't seem to fit what i would expect to see from a governmental organiztion fighting terrorism. If we really have people like Chloe and and that guy who actually helped her out in the last episode protecting us from terrorists, then we should all be scared to death. And I don't think this falls under a suspension of reality, because it would be that hard to go out and get actors that are actually believable in these types of roles. I don't understand why they've gone this route. But it's just my opinion.

Yeah, the office politics is way over the top.

Unless Creek tells us that really is how things are. :
    ~ Mark Twain

Turn Off Ads?