Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NFL Divisional Series Playoffs Prediction Thread

Re: NFL Divisional Series Playoffs Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    There's no way the Colts win today. I just can't see any way that New England loses this game.
    It's looking like your mojo might have worn off MWM.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I was way off on the whole "Philly Fraud" thing, although I think that Atlanta could beat them next week. The Falcons were impressive last night.

The Pats are your next Super Bowl champions. You heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc
    I guarantee you the Colts beat the Patriots today.
    Good call.

Let the Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning talk begin.

He is. Peyton Manning will NEVER win a big game in his life. He couldn't at Tennecheat and he won't in the NFL. His defense gave him a shot today and he dinked and dunked all day. He never stretched the field and the limited pressure had him doing happy feet. He isn't a big game player.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    He is. Peyton Manning will NEVER win a big game in his life. He couldn't at Tennecheat and he won't in the NFL. His defense gave him a shot today and he dinked and dunked all day. He never stretched the field and the limited pressure had him doing happy feet. He isn't a big game player.
    You have got to be kidding me. It was all Peyton's fault today? The Colts WR's were blanketed all day. And how many drops did they have?

Brady is a good QB. Manning is one of the greatest to ever play the position.

I disagree that Peyton can't win the big one or hasn't won a big game in his life.

When he learns to stop overthinking and just do what he's good at, he'll be successful. Right now, instead of trying to ram his offense down belicheck's throat, he tries to outguess him. That's been the Belicheck MO for a while now. Until Peyton figures that out, or until someone else beats the pats in the playoffs before the Colts get to 'em, he won't get passed NE.

Belicheck is the puppet-master. A true evil genius.

Every superhero (Peyton) needs a Lex Luthor (Belicheck)

It's what legends are made of.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I've definitely lost it. I think I tempted the Gods one too many times and now they're trying to put me in my place.

The only bad part of this is that now I get to hear non-stop how Tom Brady is the better QB and how if you need to win one game, they'd rather have Brady than Manning. It makes me want to .

I watched most of this game and last year's game and the difference between the two teams was definitely not the QB, that's for darn sure. Indy's defense is horrible. I'd like to see Peyton Manning going up against the Indianapolis defense and I'd like to see Brady going against the New England defense. I'll take Manning any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Peyton Manning > Tom Brady

Donovan McNabb > Peyton Manning

Just my opinion.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Peyton Manning > Tom Brady

Donovan McNabb > Peyton Manning

Just my opinion.
    Manning and McNabb are close. All things being equal (and that's the problem with Manning, he has a TERRIBLE defense wwhere Brady and McNabb have great Ds), I'll take Manning. I think in the long run, Roesthliberger will be better than any of them. And Carson Palmer will be at least part of the conversation.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Big Ben isn't a star in my book. Fifteen play action passes doesn't make you a great qb. He won, I know. But he won with one of the best defenses since Baltimore and the best running game in the league. Give me Palmer anyday.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Big Ben is a shooting star. One thing about those, they go up real fast, but fizzle out just as quickly. Despite the hype machine, I wouldn't anoint him anything quite yet. Think about this--did he progress or regress as the year went on, and what did Carson Palmer as the year went on?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?