Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clarence Thomas: Judges should be evaluated by God, not Constitution

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Clarence Thomas: Judges should be evaluated by God, not Constitution

How many opinions of Justice Thomas have you read?

I have read many of the court decisions handed down under the current court and from over the years. You cannot get through a Constitutional Law class without doing so.

Thomas rarely writes the majority or dissenting opinion, and it would seem that this is because he is not intellectually up to the task. I cannot think of any other reason. I am not lying when I tell you that when he does take the time to write, the opinions are usually very short and basically concur with Scalia and he throws in a point or so he wants to make. With all due respect, he is an idiot.

Puffy makes a wonderful observation about Scalia - sometimes he writes brilliantly, but even extravagantly dressed crap is, well, crap.

Read his dissent in the Texas sodomy case and count the fallacies.
    I'm interested in jobs and you won't create jobs by forcing employers to pay their employees $9/hr- Sea Ray
    I'd say min wage should be about $9/hr - Sea Ray

2. Turn Off Ads?

Read his dissent in the Texas sodomy case and count the fallacies.
    Yeah.... but you can dance to it.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Yeah.... but you can dance to it.
    Absolutely. I think you hit the either-or fallacy on the beat, but the slippery slope you actually do between beats. They used to do it at Cooter's in Cincy but you don't see it too much anymore.
    I'm interested in jobs and you won't create jobs by forcing employers to pay their employees $9/hr- Sea Ray
    I'd say min wage should be about $9/hr - Sea Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    Absolutely. I think you hit the either-or fallacy on the beat, but the slippery slope you actually do between beats. They used to do it at Cooter's in Cincy but you don't see it too much anymore.
    And from what I hear Dom has a mean "White Man's Overbite" on the dance floor!!

Just sayin'
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Man Pills

Can we go ahead and hand out the "Post of the Year Award"--a "Cooter's" mention certainly warrants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Can we go ahead and hand out the "Post of the Year Award"--a "Cooter's" mention certainly warrants it.
    Agreed.

I'm having trouble remembering where Cooters was located. Was it the cheesy bar in University plaza by Dixie Chili (now Blockbuster) or was it the cheesy bar on between McMillan & Calhoun on Vine? Or is my memory completely muddled and it is in an entirely different location.

or was it the cheesy bar on between McMillan & Calhoun on Vine?
    You mean the Lighthouse LTD.

$3.50 Drink and Drown on Wednesday nights!!!

tom browning

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Spin it however you want GAC, but a Supreme Court Justices job is to interpret the constitution, not to do what Christianity considers to be God's will.
    Yep but dont waste your breath trying to tell the people blinded by their religion in their quest to convert everyone in the country to their faith.

tom browning

I'm the commander. See? I don't need to explain. I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the president. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation." ---George W. Bush .
    Its amazing how many times I ask ," Did he really say that?!?", when seeing an actual Bush quote, but I still gotta ask, did he really say that?

To heck with debating Thomas and his IQ.
    One thing I think we can establish here is, that Bush is a complete moron.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom browning
    To heck with debating Thomas and his IQ.
    One thing I think we can establish here is, that Bush is a complete moron.
    Nice thoughtful post. 2 hours, 3 hours? How much research before this post?

Let me try... Bush is a complete moron. And I didn't use a comma after a verb (not that real morons do that... cause I don't like to revert to name-calling)! How about that? Only took me 22 seconds to type that all so powerful post.

I'd counterpoint... but there is nothing to counterpoint. Just senseless name-calling. I can hear that on the playground each and every day if that is what I wanted.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Dom keeps using that quote, but there is a thread somewhere here that put the quote in context. As I recall, Bush was making the point that he doesn't have to explain his statements to his subordinates, which is true. A cabinet member or other subordinate quite properly may be required to explain his or her actions to the President, but the President does not have the same obligation to explain himself to every subordinate.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

That will be enough name calling. No more warnings. A ban will be enforced if there is.

A PM has been sent to you if this warning was directed to you. Read it. If you don't read it, consider yourself warned anyway.
    Last edited by CougarQuest; 01-20-2005 at 04:06 PM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

tom browning

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    That will be enough name calling. No more warnings. A ban will be enforced if there is.

A PM has been sent to you if this warning was directed to you. Read it. If you don't read it, consider yourself warned anyway.

What? I am not allowed to call Bush a moron? You gotta be kidding. The man is a menace. I mean I can understand being upset about posters calling other posters morons. Thats reasonable to want to keep off the boards. But not being able to call Bush a moron is just stupid and reeks of politcally based censorship.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Its amazing how many times I ask ," Did he really say that?!?", when seeing an actual Bush quote, but I still gotta ask, did he really say that?
    I think there was a post sometime ago going in depth of Doms signature, to reveal that it was taken out of context. Dont know where it is though.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

What? I am not allowed to call Bush a moron? You gotta be kidding. The man is a menace. I mean I can understand being upset about posters calling other posters morons. Thats reasonable to want to keep off the boards. But not being able to call Bush a moron is just stupid and reeks of politcally based censorship.
    Hi.

I'm Pedro. you may not know it but I'm one of the more liberal posters on the board. I voted for JK and share many of your views on our current president. That much being said, I don't think most people mind it if you want to discuss the finer points of specific policy that lead you to believe that Bush is a moron, as long as it is done in moderation. But name calling is considered offensive in mixed company and doesn't lead to alot of intelligent discussion, which is so obviously the point of this board.

Pretend you are at someone's house as their guest for dinner. Keep the conversation respectiful and quiet if you possibly can. After all, the food's good here and I think you'll want to be invited back.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Turn Off Ads?