Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clarence Thomas: Judges should be evaluated by God, not Constitution

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Re: Clarence Thomas: Judges should be evaluated by God, not Constitution

Plenty of this to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    tom browning

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Hi.

I'm Pedro. you may not know it but I'm one of the more liberal posters on the board. I voted for JK and share many of your views on our current president. That much being said, I don't think most people mind it if you want to discuss the finer points of specific policy that lead you to believe that Bush is a moron, as long as it is done in moderation. But name calling is considered offensive in mixed company and doesn't lead to alot of intelligent discussion, which is so obviously the point of this board.

Pretend you are at someone's house as their guest for dinner. Keep the conversation respectiful and quiet if you possibly can. After all, the food's good here and I think you'll want to be invited back.

Im sure a great many here who have a problem with me calling Bush a moron, exercised the same respect towards Clinton as well. Not.

Saying Bush is a moron isnt name calling. Its a factual observance of reality. As for policys of his that reflect this, pick one. Take a dart and throw it at em. Do it blindfolded and over your back. You cant miss.
    Last edited by tom browning; 01-20-2005 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tom browning
    Im sure a great many here who have a problem with me calling Bush a moron, exercised the same respect towards Clinton as well. Not.
    And if everyone else jumped off a bridge...
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

You've earned the ban
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Plenty of this to go around.

I read your post before you got the image to work. And I was so very confused.

Im sure a great many here who have a problem with me calling Bush a moron
    Attacking his actions is probably a lot more effective than calling him a moron.

Plus he's really not all that stupid. While his 1206 on the SAT probably shouldn't have gotten him into Yale, it's still respectable.

I feel unclean.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

Man Pills

"While his 1206 on the SAT probably shouldn't have gotten him into Yale"

Try "definitely shouldn't."

Most anyone can be coached into getting that kind of score on the SAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Most anyone can be coached into getting that kind of score on the SAT.
    No, they really can't. I know people who couldn't break 15 on the ACT.

His SAT score should be higher too, anyone that took it before, I think, 1994 should mark there score up a bit.
    --Oscar Wilde

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Can I call for a lock on this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    No, they really can't. I know people who couldn't break 15 on the ACT.

His SAT score should be higher too, anyone that took it before, I think, 1994 should mark there score up a bit.
    Alright, I'm exaggerating. But for people who aren't legacies, the Ivy League won't talk to you without a 1300. To get in, probably closer to 1400--Harvard closer to 1500+.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 01-20-2005 at 10:27 PM.

Alright, I'm exaggerating. But for people who aren't legacies, the Ivy League won't talk to you without a 1300. To get in, probably closer to 1400--Harvard closer to 1500+.
    I certainly agree with that!
    --Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by tom browning
    What? I am not allowed to call Bush a moron? You gotta be kidding. The man is a menace. I mean I can understand being upset about posters calling other posters morons. Thats reasonable to want to keep off the boards. But not being able to call Bush a moron is just stupid and reeks of politcally based censorship.
    Warned and decided to challenge the warning. Banned.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

On this topic... I am watching a very interesting documentary on the U.S. Presidents (the History Channel). They made mention that FDR was a "C" student at Harvard. I would assume that FDR, the average student, helped gain admission the Ivy League school from the fact that he was the only child of aristocrats. But we all know about FDR the President. Didn't seem to do too bad of a job in the White House!

I am not quite sure what you mean, FCB, by "legacies"? Most 18-year-olds are not legacies. Do you mean come from wealthy or prestigous families? Seems as though the tag fits both Pres. G.W. Bush & FDR.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    I am not quite sure what you mean, FCB, by "legacies"? Most 18-year-olds are not legacies. Do you mean come from wealthy or prestigous families? Seems as though the tag fits both Pres. G.W. Bush & FDR.
    Legacy means his father attended Yale.
    --Oscar Wilde

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Legacy means his father attended Yale.
    D'oh... thanks, RF! That sure helps with admissions. Especially when donations are being made when the university calls. A few bricks, paid with Bush money, were probably laid on the Yale campus. "It's not what you know, it's who you know"... I say it all the time. In a lot of aspects of life.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    On this topic... I am watching a very interesting documentary on the U.S. Presidents (the History Channel). They made mention that FDR was a "C" student at Harvard. I would assume that FDR, the average student, helped gain admission the Ivy League school from the fact that he was the only child of aristocrats. But we all know about FDR the President. Didn't seem to do too bad of a job in the White House!

Of course it fits both Bush and FDR...and Kennedy, Bush the first, as opposed to non-blueblood presidents: Clinton, Carter, Nixon, Johnson, Truman et al.

But the SAT wasn't around when FDR applied for Harvard.

Turn Off Ads?