Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: John Kerry and his dead horse

tom browning

Re: John Kerry and his dead horse

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192
    That is some mighty tasty irony.

Only if I was stupid enough to vote for whoever because some idiot hollywood person,a church, or some drug using hypocrit radio show host, told me to.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by tom browning
    Anyone who voted for Bush OR Kerry and didnt base their vote on the vital issues(economy,health care, ss, enviroment,labor laws, terrorism, etc etc) regarding this country and the where they stood on them, is an idiot who pissed away their vote. Period. Sometimes I think there should be an intelligence test before your allowed to vote
    i think there should be a test. MM is just easy for me to blame cause i hate Bush. but i would have voted for him anyway. the difference between John Kerry and George Bush to me was/is about the same as the difference between Juan Castro and Tony Womack.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Only if I was stupid enough to vote for whoever because some idiot hollywood person,a church, or some drug using hypocrit radio show host, told me to.
    that's cute...you seem to think i'm a Republican.

point of fact, i hate Republicans and Democrats (by party ideals, not the people who make them up) equally. i probably qualify as Libertarian, but in truth, i'm more of an anarchist for lack of a better word.
    Last edited by Ravenlord; 01-20-2005 at 07:55 AM.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

For a Level Playing Field

Btw, before you say only the dems are crying, you might want to take a look at your own party out in Washington state. Another election that points the need for MAJOR election overhaul.
    REALLY? You want to tell RedsZone the difference in votes in Washington's Governor race?? Please also tell us the difference in votes in Ohio for the U.S. president.

I'll let you tell the board. You like to draw comparisons, but I am starting to think that you are uninformed on these topics. Shooting from the hip... I think that is what it is called.

Go ahead... tell us the vote differential in each of these "contested" votes. Then try to use your pot meet kettle comparison. Numbers... just numbers. Right? Over 100,000 vs. about 3,000. Only numbers. Like the difference between an OSU-Mich football crowd (Ohio vote) vs. po-dunk high school attendance (WASH vote). But it is only fact and numbers. But I am more than happy to explain fact and numbers to you, tom browning.

Anyone who voted for Bush OR Kerry and didnt base their vote on the vital issues(economy,health care, ss, enviroment,labor laws, terrorism, etc etc) regarding this country and the where they stood on them, is an idiot who pissed away their vote. Period. Sometimes I think there should be an intelligence test before your allowed to vote
    I voted for Bush because of his stance on abortion and gay marriage. I guess that makes me an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

It's funny that there was no one screaming about the voting process/system, no widespread conspiracies being thrown out there, or concern about voter disenfranchisement or fraud prior to the 2000 election.

And someone who really cares about "every vote counts" is gonna have to show me solid evidence that it didn't occur prior to that election, or that it somehow just began then.

Now all of a sudden it is somehow a HUGE problem that needs to be addressed because the Dems have lost two elections in a row, and somehow, in their minds, this is inconceivable, so something must be amiss.

And all I've heard is two basic premises thrown out as to how this could have happened....

#1 - the American people are obviously idiots.

#2 - An "evil" Repub nationwide conspiracy at voter fraud and stealing elections they possibly couldn't have won.

And yet no solid evidence has ever been shown, but simply accusations and wild innuendos without any solid evidence to back it up. I have yet to see one solid piece of evidence presented that points to this "conspiracy" ... not one.

The Ohio Board of Elections, in a bipartisan recount effort that was monitored and regulated by reps from both parties did a recount and it didn't even come close to changing a thing.

Four separate news agencies went into Florida after the 2000 election and did a hand recount, and it didnt change a thing.

That's evidence.

Voters are, and have been, disenfranchised in every election. And if anyone tries to deny that then they are simply fooling themselves. And they are disenfranchised/disqualified not because of some silly conspiracy, but because those voters didn't follow the proper rules and routines when it came to voting and punching out that ballot. For cryin' out loud! Take personal responsibility/accountability when it comes time to register/vote. Don't go blaming someone else.

What I found to be funny is when I see a 75 yr old election board official holding a punch ballot up to the light straining to try and determine voter intent when that intent cannot be determined. Simply ridiculous.

Yes, the system needs to be modernized and standardized nationally. But the "flaws" have hurt both parties, not just one in particular. And that is what has blown me away. I have yet to hear one Democrat complain about the possibility that Repub voters were disenfranchised. Only Democratic voters were disenfranchised.

Even computer screen balloting has it's flaws, and studies have shown that. They just released one here in Ohio. And lets blame some state legislatures also, who pass legislation, such as here in Ohio, that say there must be a solid paper trail in order to prevent fraud and to provide a verifiable avenue in case of a recount, when a vast majority of computer touch screen balloting does not provide such. And then don't appropriate the monies to go to such a system due to financial/budgetary constraints.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

It's funny that there was no one screaming about the voting process/system, no widespread conspiracies being thrown out there, or concern about voter disenfranchisement or fraud prior to the 2000 election.
    There were more than likely problems prior to the 2000 election that went unnoticed because prior elections were not closely contested. The 2000 election was very close, and revealed many flaws in our electoral process.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Four separate news agencies went into Florida after the 2000 election and did a hand recount, and it didnt change a thing.
    Al Gore would have won in Florida in 2000 if the Supreme Court had allowed the recount.

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2001/112101a.html

A document, revealed by Newsweek, indicates that the Florida recount that was stopped last year by five Republicans on the U.S. Supreme Court would have taken into account so-called “overvotes” that heavily favored Gore.

If those “overvotes” were counted, as now it appears they would have been, Gore would have carried Florida regardless of what standard of chad – dimpled, hanging, punched-through – was used in counting the so-called “undervotes,” according to an examination of those ballots by a group of leading news organizations.
    The “overvotes” in which voters marked the name of their choice and also wrote in his name would be even more clearly legal votes than the so-called “undervotes” which were kicked out for failing to register a choice that could be read by voting machines.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Al Gore would have won in Florida in 2000 if the Supreme Court had allowed the recount.
    Okay... because Robert Parry says so. Mr. Parry is a writer, ya know. Good enough for some, but not for 59 million voters in this country (that would be election 2004). But Mr. Parry has made a pretty penny off of dissing President Bush and his administration (hate to say it, but just for Rojo, Michael Moore like). More power to 'em! Make a $100 donation to him and you get an autographed copy of his Bush-Family-Bashing book. Sounds fair to me.

I hope Mr. Parry doesn't start telling people to jump off cliffs. I am sure some would. And I would not like to see that. I wonder if Mr. Parry has the following or power to run for President of this great country? Nah...

tom browning

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    REALLY? You want to tell RedsZone the difference in votes in Washington's Governor race?? Please also tell us the difference in votes in Ohio for the U.S. president.

I'll let you tell the board. You like to draw comparisons, but I am starting to think that you are uninformed on these topics. Shooting from the hip... I think that is what it is called.

Go ahead... tell us the vote differential in each of these "contested" votes. Then try to use your pot meet kettle comparison. Numbers... just numbers. Right? Over 100,000 vs. about 3,000. Only numbers. Like the difference between an OSU-Mich football crowd (Ohio vote) vs. po-dunk high school attendance (WASH vote). But it is only fact and numbers. But I am more than happy to explain fact and numbers to you, tom browning.

LOL. This just proves my point. Who the hell cares what the difference is. The Republican LOST. He had LESS votes. So how about you explain how THAT is different then the presidential election. Cause Id me more then happy to tell you how your wrong and stare at things through partisan colored glasses... Hey pot meet kettle...

Glenn Braggs

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Amazingly Americans are # 1 when it comes to weapon technology ... on the other hand they are unable to construct a machine which is able to correctly count the votes of an election .

Quote Originally Posted by Red Thunder
    Amazingly Americans are # 1 when it comes to weapon technology ... on the other hand they are unable to construct a machine which is able to correctly count the votes of an election .
    I had a discussion about this with my brother in-law. Basically regarding the fact that diebold makes ATM's and they seem to be secure and accurate and yet it is apparent that the same level of care isn't put into election systems. Basically the conclusion we came to is that banks are in a much better position than state governments to analyze and evaluate technology and as money is involved they have a greater interest in making sure that systems are secure and accurate. Governments, on the other hand, are in the business of doing as little as possible without getting bounced out of office. Therefore if the voting populace doesn't force the government to make sure these systems work right, the governments aren't going to put pressure on the the software/hardware providers either. Systems, by there nature, are only as complex and secure as required by the clients that purchase these systems. If we had good laws regarding how the systems and their secrurity were supposed to work, then the governments wouldn't be able to purchase systems that didn't conform, and the software developers would enact higher standards.
    School's out. What did you expect?

LOL. This just proves my point. Who the hell cares what the difference is. The Republican LOST. He had LESS votes. So how about you explain how THAT is different then the presidential election. Cause Id me more then happy to tell you how your wrong and stare at things through partisan colored glasses... Hey pot meet kettle...
    I am trying to understand your point here. Frankly, REDS fan, I do not give a crap about the WASH Gov. race. Do you live in Washington State? Because I have not argued about that race. It was a close race.... can you admit that? A lot closer than the Presidential race. Can you admit that? If not, then facts must trouble you.

DIFFERENT THAN THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION (caps so you can understand)... A 3,000 VOTE DIFF vs. A 130,000 VOTE DIFF.. IS THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND?? IF NUMBERS ARE NOT YOUR BAG, THEN I WILL TRY TO UNDERSTAND. HOWEVER, I THINKYOUR BAG IS MORE THAN OBVIOUS SINCE YOU HAVE PLEASURED US WITH YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS.

Or are you so wisely trying to say that Sen. Kerry lost, like the Repub in WASH, b/c he had less votes. However, your point in the above post (whatever it might be) is baseless relative to Sen. Kerry and the election (I thought this thread was about Sen. Kerry?!??!). But that is one thing I am starting to understand about you.

Tell us all about rose-colored glasses. That is one thing I actually think you understand.

THESE SHOULD BE POLITCAL DISCUSSIONS. TRYING TO SLAM ONE ANOTHER SHOULD NOT BE THE GOAL
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    THESE SHOULD BE POLITCAL DISCUSSIONS. TRYING TO SLAM ONE ANOTHER SHOULD NOT BE THE GOAL
    Don't worry, Coug. If they don't get it by now, they are never going to get it. And then they won't be posting on here anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?