Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73

Thread: John Kerry and his dead horse

  1. #31
    Pagan/Asatru Ravenlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Williamsburg, OH and the wilds.
    Posts
    8,994

    Re: John Kerry and his dead horse

    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo
    What? No Michael Moore mention?
    Michael Moore is the push over reason i voted for Bush. i thought i was the only person who had that reasoning. but alas, talking to some friends at school today, i discovered there are at least 30 of us just at Urbana who voted Bush because of Moore. that seems like an incredibly high number to me.

    i wonder how many votes in Ohio went to Bush as a result of MM's influence, and how many went to Kerry?
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop


    yes, this really is how we make our living.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,468

    Re: John Kerry and his dead horse

    No winner EVER wants a recount, and that will include the dems once they start winning again.
    It's not really the recount part so much as the getting the actual election right.

    But I'm sure you're right about the Dems in charge changing their minds, and like Rojo said, that'll be wrong too.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

  4. #33
    A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,468

    Re: John Kerry and his dead horse

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    Michael Moore is the push over reason i voted for Bush. i thought i was the only person who had that reasoning. but alas, talking to some friends at school today, i discovered there are at least 30 of us just at Urbana who voted Bush because of Moore. that seems like an incredibly high number to me.

    i wonder how many votes in Ohio went to Bush as a result of MM's influence, and how many went to Kerry?
    It's not many, but I know two people who voted against Bush largely because of Fehrenheit.

    I think voting for a candidate because you don't like a filmmaker is a pretty silly way to go about things, but hey, it's your vote.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

  5. #34
    Please come again pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    portland, oregon
    Posts
    14,747

    Re: John Kerry and his dead horse

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    Michael Moore is the push over reason i voted for Bush. i thought i was the only person who had that reasoning. but alas, talking to some friends at school today, i discovered there are at least 30 of us just at Urbana who voted Bush because of Moore. that seems like an incredibly high number to me.

    i wonder how many votes in Ohio went to Bush as a result of MM's influence, and how many went to Kerry?
    RL, did you see the movie? Just wondering. I haven't.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

  6. #35
    Pagan/Asatru Ravenlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Williamsburg, OH and the wilds.
    Posts
    8,994

    Re: John Kerry and his dead horse

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    It's not many, but I know two people who voted against Bush largely because of Fehrenheit.

    I think voting for a candidate because you don't like a filmmaker is a pretty silly way to go about things, but hey, it's your vote.
    people voted for Clinton because they thought he was cooler than Dole. that's even sillier to me.

    you can see my signature for a very good example of what the major problem is with voting.
    Last edited by Ravenlord; 01-19-2005 at 05:39 PM.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop


    yes, this really is how we make our living.

  7. #36
    Pagan/Asatru Ravenlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Williamsburg, OH and the wilds.
    Posts
    8,994

    Re: John Kerry and his dead horse

    Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    RL, did you see the movie? Just wondering. I haven't.
    yep. Bowling had an agenda, but it wasn't one i'd call liberal. a MM agenda yes, but not a liberal agenda.

    Farenheit was hard to watch (i thought it was poorly done for an MM film, yes i do think he's very good at what he does. also the subject). the few great points he did make were completely over shadowd by the fact he made 30-40 changes of facts, or totally omitted things.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop


    yes, this really is how we make our living.

  8. #37
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,690

    Re: John Kerry and his dead horse

    Quote Originally Posted by tom browning
    I dont know if the election was fixed. I do know that there is a very reasonable chance it was.

    That alone should be enough to have a serious reformed, unquestionable as possible, process. There should be paper trails, bi-paritsan audits and inspections of the machines.

    How can we say this is the best nation in the world when we cannot even trust our own elections?
    My dad thinks that there is "the fix of the week" in the NFL, too, because games don't turn out the way he thinks they should or he would like to see them turn out. He could probably even give you some "evidence," like a dropped pass, a key fumble, too loose prevent defense, bad call by an official, easy interception by the QB, etc. Yet, I'm having a real hard time remembering reading in the news of an actual fix being discovered in my memory, spanning back to following the league since 1972. I suppose its possible...
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  9. #38
    Please come again pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    portland, oregon
    Posts
    14,747

    Re: John Kerry and his dead horse

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    yep. Bowling had an agenda, but it wasn't one i'd call liberal. a MM agenda yes, but not a liberal agenda.

    Farenheit was hard to watch (i thought it was poorly done for an MM film, yes i do think he's very good at what he does. also the subject). the few great points he did make were completely over shadowd by the fact he made 30-40 changes of facts, or totally omitted things.
    I'll have to see it myself sometime I guess. I just don't like MM very much. I sure don't think he's helping the dems at all.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

  10. #39
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: John Kerry and his dead horse

    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo
    What? No Michael Moore mention?
    Roly Poly
    Eatin' corn and taters
    Hungry every minute of the day
    Roly Poly
    Gnawin' on a biscuit
    As long as he can chew it it's okay

    He can eat an apple pie
    And never even bat an eye
    He likes anything from soup to hay
    Roly Poly
    Daddy's little fatty
    I bet he's gonna be a man someday

    Roly Poly
    Scrambled eggs for breakfast
    Bread and jelly twenty times a day
    Roly Poly
    He eats a hearty dinner
    He needs lots of strength to sing and play

    He's up at dawn to do the chores
    And he runs both ways through all the stores
    He works up an appetite that way
    Roly Poly
    Daddy's little fatty
    Fatty's gonna be a man someday

    Does that about cover it?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  11. #40
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,686

    Re: John Kerry and his dead horse

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    It's not many, but I know two people who voted against Bush largely because of Fehrenheit.

    I think voting for a candidate because you don't like a filmmaker is a pretty silly way to go about things, but hey, it's your vote.
    I really don't know of anyone who voted for Bush because they didn't like Moore, but more because they felt the DNC was allowing him to have too much undue influence/involvement. And many felt the Dems were condoning and agreeing with Moore when they give him so much attention during this election run, and then gave him a seat of prominence at their convention.

    And you have to acknowledge that MM's intent with this movie was to influence votes and possibly sway this election, right? He has even acknowledged that. People were swayed, and did vote against Bush because of that movie.

    He didn't make this movie for it's solely entertainment value.

    He was just as wrong as the Swift Boat vets as far as I'm concerned. It was all biased propaganda with an agenda that played fast and loose with the truth. But like I have heard before... if you want to convince the masses, you always mix a little truth with the lie in order to make it more persuasive.

    I think further reform is needed, and even 527's need to be reigned in and controlled.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  12. #41
    Pagan/Asatru Ravenlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Williamsburg, OH and the wilds.
    Posts
    8,994

    Re: John Kerry and his dead horse

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    I really don't know of anyone who voted for Bush because they didn't like Moore, but more because they felt the DNC was allowing him to have too much undue influence/involvement. And many felt the Dems were condoning and agreeing with Moore when they give him so much attention during this election run, and then gave him a seat of prominence at their convention.
    those are for all intents and purposes the same thing.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop


    yes, this really is how we make our living.

  13. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,526

    Re: John Kerry and his dead horse

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    Michael Moore is the push over reason i voted for Bush. i thought i was the only person who had that reasoning. but alas, talking to some friends at school today, i discovered there are at least 30 of us just at Urbana who voted Bush because of Moore. that seems like an incredibly high number to me.

    i wonder how many votes in Ohio went to Bush as a result of MM's influence, and how many went to Kerry?

    I'm sittiing here in Manhattan thinking about the many negative ways 9/11 effected my life and knowing sooner or later the other shoe wil drop. And now I read that some guy in Ohio voted for Georege Bush for president because he didn't like Michael Moore. We have met the enemy and he is us.

  14. #43
    tom browning
    Guest

    Re: John Kerry and his dead horse

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    Michael Moore is the push over reason i voted for Bush. i thought i was the only person who had that reasoning. but alas, talking to some friends at school today, i discovered there are at least 30 of us just at Urbana who voted Bush because of Moore. that seems like an incredibly high number to me.

    i wonder how many votes in Ohio went to Bush as a result of MM's influence, and how many went to Kerry?

    Anyone who voted for Bush OR Kerry and didnt base their vote on the vital issues(economy,health care, ss, enviroment,labor laws, terrorism, etc etc) regarding this country and the where they stood on them, is an idiot who pissed away their vote. Period. Sometimes I think there should be an intelligence test before your allowed to vote

  15. #44
    tom browning
    Guest

    Re: John Kerry and his dead horse

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    With all due respect... speak for yourselves. How come we only need election reform, from one side's perspective, when that side loses two close elections? Could it be that they actually lost those elections fair-and-square? Or when they lose close ones... there must a fix.

    However, some people take the words of Conyers, Boxer, Jesse and the lady from Cleveland to heart. And let us not forget the words of writers on the internet and in publications. Was there this much complaining before the election about these Diebold machines? Some will say yes, but I think most know the truth.

    I happen to know quite a bit about the Diebold company as a former employer of mine was competitor #1 with Diebold. I probably know more than anyone here who has posted internet blogs that demean and make felonious accusations against the Diebold company. I have always thought they were a straight-laced company. Never had a problem with them or their business practices. Perhaps a few more blogs, written by (doesn't matter), will convince me that they are Bush-zealots who stole the election? Nah... I like to think I am smarter than that. And I do know a lot about Diebold and their businesses. And if you have a problem with Diebold... don't use their ATMs!! Oh... you probably do quite frequently and have never worried about your money/transactions (perhaps did not realize that Diebold may be the producer of your fav ATM). If the shoe fits...

    Accusations. Internet articles. Non bi-partisans like Jesse, Boxer, Conyers and the lady from Cleveland. It is all starting to make sense to me... we have a fair system. I thought the same in 1992 & 1996. Kleenex will not have a stock boost due to me. Nope. The system works. The system is fair. And it will be just as fair in 2008... regardless of who wins. Maybe not foolproof, but darn close.

    Well for one, there haasnt been issues with elections like there has been last 2 times. The 2000 election was especially screwed up. Lets face the facts, Bush probably really didnt win. In fact Id bet on it. Regardless, there was enough of a question raised during that election by itself that points out the dire need for this.

    Republicans should take the high road and push for election reform as well. Why wait until they lose? I know Id want to have accurate results whether I won or lost. Thats called Honor, Integrity.

    Btw, before you say only the dems are crying, you might want to take a look at your own party out in Washington state. Another election that points the need for MAJOR election overhaul.
    Last edited by tom browning; 01-20-2005 at 12:27 AM.

  16. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    4,251

    Re: John Kerry and his dead horse

    Quote Originally Posted by tom browning
    Sometimes I think there should be an intelligence test before your allowed to vote
    That is some mighty tasty irony.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25