Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics... Not Allowed Here Anymore?

Re: Politics... Not Allowed Here Anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I agree with what you said, though. It would be a lot better if people could act civil in those threads and things could be debated intelligently, but I've seen about 25 political threads in a row closed because things couldn't be discussed intelligently. That's enough for me to believe that things won't change dramatically in the future to make those threads worthwhile.

Best case, they should be put in their own forum as a perk for subscribers (like the Hall of Fame)
    It would be and there have been calls for this many, many, many times on here. And it works for about a week or so but then it's back to the old mudslinging again.

I don't see how putting them in the HOF forum would solve the problem or be a perk. You pay for the "privlidge" of ripping each other?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I don't see how putting them in the HOF forum would solve the problem or be a perk. You pay for the "privlidge" of ripping each other?
    Some people buy Jerry Springer on pay per view. It's not that far fetched.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Then how about this: This is a baseball website.
    Then make it a baseball website. Close this side of the board.

But I think it's stupid to single out one type of thread and think that banning all political threads is going to solve anything.

I'm going to catch a lot of heat for this, but whatever. If the mods would actually do some moderating on this side of the board, and not just close threads then things might improve.

Or you can just ban political threads.

Either way I think I'm just going to stick to the baseball side of things, with the fascinating debates of SABR vs. traditional being played out over and over and over and over.

But anyway since I think I probably post 75 percent of the political threads on this side of the board I imagine my stopping will fix a lot of the problem. Hope that helps.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    It would be and there have been calls for this many, many, many times on here. And it works for about a week or so but then it's back to the old mudslinging again.

I was thinking more along the lines of a "subscription + package". Subscription costs you $XX/month, quarter, year and you get access to all redszone + HOF forum. Subscription + costs you subscription + another fee and you get all of redszone + HOF forum + political forum.

That way people are paying extra for the political forum. If they enter that forum, they do so willingly and know what they are getting into.

Regular subscribers don't have access to the Political forum. That way those that pay money as subscribers aren't bothered by the Political forum unless they choose to upgrade and specifically request the "perk" of politics.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful

But anyway since I think I probably post 75 percent of the political threads on this side of the board I imagine my stopping will fix a lot of the problem. Hope that helps.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    Agreed
    Dealing with him would have fixed the majority of the problems we've seen lately.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I was thinking more along the lines of a "subscription + package". Subscription costs you $XX/month, quarter, year and you get access to all redszone + HOF forum. Subscription + costs you subscription + another fee and you get all of redszone + HOF forum + political forum.

That way people are paying extra for the political forum. If they enter that forum, they do so willingly and know what they are getting into.

Regular subscribers don't have access to the Political forum. That way those that pay money as subscribers aren't bothered by the Political forum unless they choose to upgrade and specifically request the "perk" of politics.

That makes sense, but it just seems like it would be turning us more and more away from being a baseball forum.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Come oooonnn SPRING TRAINING!!!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion
    Come oooonnn SPRING TRAINING!!!

:MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ:

No kidding.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I vote we kill the "song/movie retains the name" threads.

Or replace it with a grass-growing webcam.

You know, my daughter had been begging for a watercolor set for weeks because she wanted to paint with me. She's just a little thing, no taller than my knee, and I knew she'd tear up the apartment with them. I knew it. But I bought them for her anyway, thinking "well, maybe she's old enough to have a paint set. Don't assume that she's not old enough to handle them - give her the benefit of the doubt."

So I bought her the paints, sat down and did some painting yesterday, and soon enough she was laughing as she started tossing paint around the room.

So I took the paints away from her, She was upset, of course, and I had to explain to her that she just wasn't old enough for them yet. Daddy wasn't being mean. She's the one who got the paints taken away from her.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Wow, I simply agree with someone, and that person comes out and bashes me right after it!

I think im gonna go slit my wrists now! :MandJ:

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo
    I vote we kill the "song/movie retains the name" threads.

Or replace it with a grass-growing webcam.
    Those threads lost their appeal to me when the same movies/songs were being repeated five or six times.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Or maybe it's when posters hang up their keyboards for good and leave the site because they can't stand being insulted anymore. And I'm talking about more than RBA here.

Hell, perhaps he's bothered by the fact that he can't make a comment in half the damn threads on this board anymore because he knows he'll get bashed, mercilessly, should he dare to open his mouth.
    Excuse me... but if RBA is gone for thses reasons, then goodbye to him. You portray him in such an innocent light. Give me a darn break. Give more more than a darn break.

He likes to point out that he has been there (Iraq). So I ask him a question about dissing his Commander-in-Chief and he decides to leave. Sorry that I was so truthful to him. Make no mistake... I cannot cost the guy his job or send him to a brig. But if he was worried about it, then he should get a new job or quit violating the rules put in place for HIS JOB. Give him a box of Kleenex on his way to internet utopia as far as I am concerned. He is one of the biggest rabblerousers on here. Doesn't bother me, but he had better not live in that darn glasshouse here on RZ. Fair enough? It should be.

Dare open his mouth? When in the hell has that stopped him?? You must be joking. If you aren't, then there is no sense in talking about this anymore.

I'd like to know why the same consistency is not used on both sides? Or do certain mods just do certain sides? I've seen some mods do both, but not all mods.

Time is the Revelator.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Dealing with him would have fixed the majority of the problems we've seen lately.
    You and others insult just as much as he does. You just hide it in a more smart-alleck way. Cbus is lazy, so he uses smilies. Theres really no difference. " "

Turn Off Ads?