Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Are you for a ban of political / religious threads?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they should be banned.

18 22.78%
  • No, they should be allowed in the future.

61 77.22%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poll: Ban political & religious threads at RedsZone?

Re: Poll: Ban political & religious threads at RedsZone?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    No one is forcing anyone to read the political threads. Those who are offended by political ramblings don't have to click on the link to open them.
    But of course the titles wouldn't offend anyone either.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    But of course the titles wouldn't offend anyone either.
    If people are getting offended by the titles of political threads on the non-baseball side of RedsZone then I really have to wonder how they make it through life. It must suck to be that easily offended.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Johnny, you've been around long enough to know that I almost always make a post asking for input from the site's visitors before making an important decision for the site. However, sometimes the opinion of the majority is not always the way to make the proper decision. I hope you're not suggesting I ignore what the site's users think about issues just because I don't feel it's the appropriate way to reach a decision in this case.

Besides, you're not the one who receives private message about private message asking you to step in because a political thread violates the rules of the board - that would be our moderators.

Maybe you should pay attention to the results of this poll. It looks like people are in favor of keeping political threads by a 3-to-1 margin.

I hope you're not suggesting I ignore what the site's users think about issues just because I don't feel it's the appropriate way to reach a decision in this case.
    I know you care a great deal about what the users think. That's why I was alarmed by your comment that your decision would have nothing to do with the outcome of the poll -- it seemed very uncharacteristic of you. I didn't mean for my comment to sound accusatory. I just thought it was odd that you would make a statement to the effect that the poll wouldn't even factor into your decision.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I know you care a great deal about what the users think. That's why I was alarmed by your comment that your decision would have nothing to do with the outcome of the poll -- it seemed very uncharacteristic of you. I didn't mean for my comment to sound accusatory. I just thought it was odd that you would make a statement to the effect that the poll wouldn't even factor into your decision.
    My point was that our decision wasn't solely going to be made based on the results of the poll, regardless of which way it fell. If you can't tell, I'm pretty indifferent to the political threads - I'm fine with them as long as they don't break any rules. However, even if 100% of the board had voted to keep these threads, if the moderators are being continuously hassled to break up arguments in these threads, the results of the poll wouldn't mean much to me.

I have not read the entire thread, so forgive me if I am echoing, but does anybody else see the irony in how political this debate is?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    With all due respect, that's not what the issue is here. The issue is the personal attacks made within these threads.
    Sorry. I apparently missed the issue, even when I go back and read the posts prior to mine. I was merely sharing my opinion on the subject matter of the thread without, I guess, knowing the whole story. I just thought it was an opinion poll.

Agreed that the rules should be followed regardless of the topic.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 01-21-2005 at 10:59 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?