Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Are you for a ban of political / religious threads?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they should be banned.

18 22.78%
  • No, they should be allowed in the future.

61 77.22%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Ban political & religious threads at RedsZone?

Re: Poll: Ban political & religious threads at RedsZone?

I hope political threads are not banned, but no poster has the "right" to make political posts here. RedsZone doesn't "belong" to the posters any more than my house belongs to other posters. I have the right to prohibit speech I don't like in my house and Boss-Hog has the same right here.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    I hope political threads are not banned, but no poster has the "right" to make political posts here. RedsZone doesn't "belong" to the posters any more than my house belongs to other posters. I have the right to prohibit speech I don't like in my house and Boss-Hog has the same right here.
    Agreed, just as long as it's clear that I don't want to prohibit the freedom of speech - merely the insults.

Ban them! Sorry, but I rarely even look at this side of the board anymore because I'm sick of it. Used to be fun over here, but now it's just a drag. The responsible parties have succeeded in driving away a former frequent participant on the non-baseball side. Thanks for nothing.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

As bad as it may be on the political threads on this forum, it's still better than the many other forums that I visit.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    As bad as it may be on the political threads on this forum, it's still better than the many other forums that I visit.
    Whoooaaa, you 'VISIT' other forums? You're cheating on us? You make this announcement and then state we are better than the others, like that will make this all better. Whaaaatever

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    Agreed, just as long as it's clear that I don't want to prohibit the freedom of speech - merely the insults.
    Very good. And can we be sure to apply the same set of rules to all members... whether they have 100,0000 posts or 1 post? Sometimes it seems like different rules apply to different members. I doubt that I am the only one who sees/reads this. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    Whoooaaa, you 'VISIT' other forums? You're cheating on us? You make this announcement and then state we are better than the others, like that will make this all better. Whaaaatever

Believe me, all of those other forums mean nothing to me. I just visit for fun. I really do love Redszone. :
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Very good. And can we be sure to apply the same set of rules to all members... whether they have 100,0000 posts or 1 post? Sometimes it seems like different rules apply to different members. I doubt that I am the only one who sees/reads this. Thanks!
    Well, if that's the case, you should have nothing to complain about.

I can assure you that whatever decision we reach will have nothing to do with the outcome of this poll.
    Maybe you should pay attention to the results of this poll. It looks like people are in favor of keeping political threads by a 3-to-1 margin.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Personally, I really like the strictness...honestly, no sarcasm at all. This will root out all those people who, in their failure to come up with an intelligent and reasoned response, resort to emoticons and personal attacks. That way I won't feel the need to respond to personal attacks with my own brand of exquisite venom. I get to save it for special occasions, like holidays.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Maybe you should pay attention to the results of this poll. It looks like people are in favor of keeping political threads by a 3-to-1 margin.
    And I bet we could get a near unanimous vote if we polled on whether the board should offer free beer for posting. RedsZone is not a democracy.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    That is probably not including those who keep to the baseball side only because of the political ramblings here.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    And I bet we could get a near unanimous vote if we polled on whether the board should offer free beer for posting. RedsZone is not a democracy.
    Man, would KronoRed be drunk-20,000+ posts.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    Man, would KronoRed be drunk-20,000+ posts.
    I'm guessing that he'd be the most popular guy on the board, since he'd be giving it away to whoever happened to be around. :gac:
    /r/reds

That is probably not including those who keep to the baseball side only because of the political ramblings here.
    No one is forcing anyone to read the political threads. A person could stick to the "Be the last person to post" and "Top 5 album" threads and not visit the political threads at all.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 01-21-2005 at 03:09 PM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?