Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
Like I said earlier, the media's job isn't to be "fair and balanced", it's to tell the truth. There are many, many bad things happening in Iraq every day that don't make the news, just like there are many good things happening in Iraq every day that don't make the news.
And this is what disturbs me. The problem I have is that the coverage of the war is so different depending on the news source, it's hard to know who's telling the truth and who isn't. It's nice to have soldiers give their opinions and you certainly have to give credence to what they say, but I also don't think the soldiers are capable of being objective either. I appreciate what thay're doing and I have a lot of admiration for them. And I DO want to hear what they have to say. But the nature of the job they have to do probably prevents them from being completely objective. And I don't think that's a bad thing. Morale is critically important for the military and it would difficult to keep it high if they don't stay focused on the positive.