Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby Accused of "inappropriate touching"

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Bill Cosby Accused of "inappropriate touching"

I hope this didn't happen.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ple_bill_cosby

Police Probe Allegation Against Bill Cosby

LOS ANGELES - A female acquaintance of comedian Bill Cosby (news) has made an allegation against him that has prompted a police investigation in Pennsylvania, the entertainer's attorney said Thursday.

Attorney Walter Phillips said he spoke Thursday with authorities in Pennsylvania who told him they have begun an investigation. He would not discuss the specifics of the allegation — which he called "utterly preposterous" — but said it amounts to, at the most, "inappropriate touching."

No charges have been brought against Cosby. Phillips said the accuser, who lives in Canada, knows Cosby and the alleged incident in question happened about a year ago.

Police in Cheltenham Township, Pa., a Philadelphia suburb where Cosby has a home, declined to comment.

"I know the person making the accusation hasn't been contacted by authorities," Phillips said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press from his office in Philadelphia. "We are hopeful and optimistic that no charges will be brought forward."

Dave Selby, a spokesman with the Durham Regional Police in Durham, Ontario, said police had passed on allegations from a woman there to authorities in Pennsylvania but declined to confirm whether they involved Cosby.

Cosby postponed a town hall meeting in Cleveland on Thursday and has postponed three upcoming shows in Florida, his publicist David Brokaw said. Brokaw would not say whether the postponements have anything to do with the recent allegation.
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Re: Bill Cosby Accused of "inappropriate touching"

My first thought... another person trying to make a buck off of a celebrity. I hope I am right. And if this proves true, I hope she gets to sit in prison thinking about her actions.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    My first thought... another person trying to make a buck off of a celebrity. I hope I am right. And if this proves true, I hope she gets to sit in prison thinking about her actions.
    I had a similar thought at first. I mean, why would she wait an entire year before bringing it up?

Remember, people, Bill Cosby is presumed innocent. Although the proof is in the pudding.

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    Remember, people, Bill Cosby is presumed innocent. Although the proof is in the pudding.

Groan. :MandJ:

I wonder if any Jello shots were involved.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland

:MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ: Oh, you are bad!

Are you saying, 'If it jiggles it must be.....?'

Rem

Maybe the lady said she'd like to see Fat Albert, and Bill didn't realize she was talking about the movie.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Maybe the lady said she'd like to see Fat Albert, and Bill didn't realize she was talking about the movie.
    :MandJ:
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    :MandJ: HOLY!!!
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Man Pills

"Eddie, I'd like to talk to YOOOOOUUUUUUUUU....about the filth, the flarn, the flarn, the filth."

Man Pills

Leonard's Part: 6"

"hey Hey Hey! It's Faaaaaat Albert!"
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/sto...date=2/17/2005
    Prosecutor: Bill Cosby won't face charges

By MARYCLAIRE DALE, Associated Press
    Last updated: 8:57 p.m., Thursday, February 17, 2005

PHILADELPHIA -- Bill Cosby will not face charges stemming from a woman's allegation that he fondled her at his suburban mansion after giving her medication that made her woozy, a prosecutor said Thursday.

Authorities found insufficient "credible, and admissible evidence ... upon which any charge against Mr. Cosby could be sustained beyond a reasonable doubt," Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce L. Castor Jr. said in a statement.

A former Temple University employee, who now lives in her native Ontario, told Canadian authorities last month that, after a night out with friends in January 2004, Cosby gave her medication that made her dizzy, then fondled her. She said she later awoke to find her bra undone and her clothes in disarray.

Cosby, 67, a Temple alumnus and booster, has denied the allegations. In a statement Thursday, his lawyer said Cosby was gratified by the decision.

"Mr. Cosby looks forward to moving on with his life," attorney Walter M. Phillips Jr. said.

Castor has said that the accuser's yearlong delay in coming forward, and her contact with Cosby in the past year, weighed in the comedian's favor.

The prosecutor said he also reviewed claims by other people that Cosby had "behaved inappropriately" toward them, but that detectives could find no instance "where anyone complained to law enforcement of conduct which would constitute a criminal offense."

The woman's attorney called the evidence strong and blasted Castor for failing to notify her before announcing his decision.

"I believe it was a very strong case. She's a very credible witness," lawyer Dolores M. Troiani said.

Troiani said her client gave prosecutors tapes of telephone calls between Cosby and the family that bolster the allegations. The calls occurred after her client contacted police, the lawyer said.

Cosby's publicist, David Brokaw, declined comment Thursday on whether the comedian had any telephone contact with the family since the investigation began.

Troiani said the prosecutor's decision caught her by surprise and she had not been able to reach her client early Thursday evening.

Castor, who announced the decision on his Web site, said he did not plan any further comment for fear his comments would be used as evidence in any possible civil lawsuit.

"Much exists in this investigation that could be used (by others) to portray persons on both sides of the issue in a less-than-flattering light," he said.

It is the policy of The Associated Press not to publish names of alleged sexual assault victims without their consent.

Troiani would not say if her client planned to sue Cosby.
    /r/reds

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

I wanted to point out that if you changed on single letter in the title of this thread, it would read, "Bill Cosby Accused of "inappropriate Douching."

That would be a lot more intriguing.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

Turn Off Ads?