Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Fan slams NHL in own obituary

Fan slams NHL in own obituary

I wonder if this will happen to Linder sometime.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/3342040

OTTAWA (AP) - An ardent hockey fan who died this week used his obituary to denounce the NHL lockout.

Archie Bennitz, 84, instructed his son to criticize NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and union leader Bob Goodenow in his death notice.

Bennitz called Bettman and Goodenow "skunks for denying him the pleasure of watching the NHL on TV this year," the obituary in the Ottawa Citizen read. Bennitz also urged Bettman to step aside in favor of Wayne Gretzky.

David Bennitz said his father had become increasingly angry during his last month in the hospital as the lockout dragged on. Hockey was the only thing he watched on TV.

Bennitz, who was born in Nova Scotia and grew up just north of Toronto, was a dedicated Maple Leafs fan. He developed a soft spot for the Ottawa Senators, however, after he moved to Ottawa about three years ago to be closer to his family.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fan slams NHL in own obituary

come on, there has to be something worth watching on tv, other than hockey...like paint drying or grass growing...

my $0.02 worth is that i'm glad there's no hockey...it's an aweful sport...now if we could just get professional basketball to follow suit :gac:

For a Level Playing Field

"You'll go on strike? Over my dead body, heh!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago
    come on, there has to be something worth watching on tv, other than hockey...like paint drying or grass growing...

my $0.02 worth is that i'm glad there's no hockey...it's an aweful sport...now if we could just get professional basketball to follow suit :gac:
    I miss it.

I love it

Hockey is infinitely more fun to watch than the NBA.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Between this kind of stuff and the firebrand political statements we had before the elections, the obituary section of the newspaper is becoming a must-read.
    /r/reds

Even though I don't follow hockey that closely I feel bad for people like this man who died that are true fans and really love the sport. It's a shame so much greed has taken over that they can't decide on how to divide their millions of dollars.

Live hockey is great entertainment.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Live hockey is fantastic. Go catch a Dayton Bomber game when Toledo comes to town. Great entertainment.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

And here's the rest of the story (well let's pretend it anyway)

Archie Bennitz told his son make sure to tell Gary Bettman and Bob Goodenow that he will do everything he can to haunt both of them for the rest of their lives. Everytime they bumped into something, realize it's him shoving/haunting them. Everytime the power goes out on them, the computer doesn't work right, the phones act up, the fax machine stops in the middle of a page, that's right, it's him. Everytime their mail is late, it's him. Everytime they drop their utensils, drinks, pens, or any other thing they are holding, he's smacking it out of their greedy little hands.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Turn Off Ads?